Princess..I will never leave you again!

tashaw1234

Just back from a cruise and vowed to my husband that we will never do another Carnival cruise again. (I should have listened to my motherly instinct and when my children didn't complain they weren't getting to go I should have said...wait a minute here, but alias it was not totally my decision as to what line we were on...but next time it will be.)

We only did it because my brother and sister and law could only get away for a short amount of time, they didn't want to fly (went of of Galveston), and they are kinda cheap.

Well needless to say the food was poor to average (did I go hungry..no), but I love the variety that Princess offers from the buffet hours to the dining room experience. I know you get what you pay for...

I will say our room steward was exceptional, dining room staff were very sweet, crowd was tolerable as long as you stayed away from the main pool. Our one day at Cozumel was the high light of our whole trip. If you have not visited Nachi Cocum...you must. What a peaceful day, gorgeous water, wonderful food and wow the staff (Carlos you are amazing!).

So I will say it again...I'm glad to be back and already booked for March on the Crown...yeah!

That is interesting as I was considering a Carnival cruise for us since we live in TX and see bargains out of Galveston. I love Princess and am afraid I would compare the whole time and CCL would come up short.

That is interesting as I was considering a Carnival cruise for us since we live in TX and see bargains out of Galveston. I love Princess and am afraid I would compare the whole time and CCL would come up short.

You will... DON'T DO IT...its nothing like princess. I even knew that going into it, so I tried to prepare myself for the Dollar Store of cruising, but it didn't work. The whole time we kept saying if we were on Princess, then....

But its okay, my in laws are excited about cruising now and are planning on going with us in March on the crown.

It's like coming home. :) Some say the ambiance and decor on Princess are boring, but I love boarding a Princess ship and feeling familiar with everything.

You are so right Pam...love the minute I get on board and hate the minute they kick me off (lol) Princess isn't boring its classy.

We went on the Carnival Fantasy last month. For the price, it was worth it. Plus since we drove to the port, DH's mother was able to go with us. She had a better time than we did--but then she had her boys with her to take care of her. Nine bottles of wine for five nights between the three of us made it tolerable.

Since DH is an instructor at a community college, this cruise fit well with his spring break--and all of the colleges' spring breaks around us. Overall, I had a good time--not great, just good. But it's something I'd consider doing again at the right price. Driving to the port is very convenient. Carnival is the only cruise line going out of Charleston. We can also drive to Norfolk, which adds Royal Caribbean into the mix.

We've cruised Princess, RCI, Carnival, and just cruised NCL. Princess and RCI have a totally different product than Carnival and NCL. I will go on Carnival and NCL if it is a port intensive cruise and if I get a really nice price break. Otherwise, for the money, I feel I get a much better cruising experience with either Princess or RCI.

It's like coming home. :) Some say the ambiance and decor on Princess are boring, but I love boarding a Princess ship and feeling familiar with everything.

For sure! We did Carnival exactly once and vowed never to return! We are trying NCL next year and kind of nervous about it....We alwasy seem to conpare to Princess or HAL our two favorite lines.

For sure! We did Carnival exactly once and vowed never to return! We are trying NCL next year and kind of nervous about it....We alwasy seem to conpare to Princess or HAL our two favorite lines.

We just tried NCL for the first time last week........It's similar to Carnival.

CCL was my first cruise and I had a GREAT time!! I thought the food was good (not great), but they had a good variety. I recently tried RCI and LOVED the ship, the food, the entertainment... everything. I will still cruise Carnival if I find a good itinerary and the price is within my budget. I will also sail RCI again (next year). I've never sailed with Princess before, but I imagine it would be a let down to try Carnival. But, a vacation is still a vacation and you have to make the most of your away time. ;)

Just back from a cruise and vowed to my husband that we will never do another Carnival cruise again. (I should have listened to my motherly instinct and when my children didn't complain they weren't getting to go I should have said...wait a minute here, but alias it was not totally my decision as to what line we were on...but next time it will be.)

We only did it because my brother and sister and law could only get away for a short amount of time, they didn't want to fly (went of of Galveston), and they are kinda cheap.

Well needless to say the food was poor to average (did I go hungry..no), but I love the variety that Princess offers from the buffet hours to the dining room experience. I know you get what you pay for...

I will say our room steward was exceptional, dining room staff were very sweet, crowd was tolerable as long as you stayed away from the main pool. Our one day at Cozumel was the high light of our whole trip. If you have not visited Nachi Cocum...you must. What a peaceful day, gorgeous water, wonderful food and wow the staff (Carlos you are amazing!).

So I will say it again...I'm glad to be back and already booked for March on the Crown...yeah!

I know just what you mean. We tried a Carnival ship and found it so different than our beloved Princess ships and the service so disappointing that we will never go back.

You'll love the Crown Princess! We were on her last week...everything was perfect...we had a fantastic cruise.:D

Just back from a cruise and vowed to my husband that we will never do another Carnival cruise again.

And, hopefully, they don't read these boards! :D

We have sailed RCI, Holland, Celebrity and some lines that are not even around anymore. When we board the Sapphire in San Pedro this Oct it will be our 20th Princess cruise. Why Princess ? I think Pam said it best, it kind of fits like an old shoe, its familiar and comfortable. We have enjoyed every cruise on every cruiseline but Princess is now our home.

I have not sailed near as much as many others on the boards, but have to say that I enjoy my vacation. I've sailed Oceania in Europe. Carnival in the Carribbean, and Celebrity and now Princess in Alaska. Depending on who the travel companions are (friends, parents or kids) and the itinerary I find what I'm looking for at the right price point. I have not been disappointed.;)

Maybe I have lucked out.....I have heard horror stories. :(

We went on the Carnival Fantasy last month. For the price, it was worth it. Plus since we drove to the port, DH's mother was able to go with us. She had a better time than we did--but then she had her boys with her to take care of her. Nine bottles of wine for five nights between the three of us made it tolerable.

Since DH is an instructor at a community college, this cruise fit well with his spring break--and all of the colleges' spring breaks around us. Overall, I had a good time--not great, just good. But it's something I'd consider doing again at the right price. Driving to the port is very convenient. Carnival is the only cruise line going out of Charleston. We can also drive to Norfolk, which adds Royal Caribbean into the mix.

Sadly, we have lost RCCL! :( Currently we have only Carnival Glory sailing from Norfolk in May and October. I'm not sure why, but RCCL moved up to Baltimore.

We are seriously thinking about Princess for next March. We just returned on a 5 night Carnival cruise out of Miami. Our room and balcony were fabulous and so enjoyed our time. I guess we are looking for a low-key restful vacation. We love lots of ports but really found all of the "activities" going on a bit too much. As an example, would have loved more night time movies on deck. We never got a chance to enjoy them and they were not run every night. We did more meals in the dining room than ever. The lido deck was not only 50-100 people deep but the food was not that great and we are not fussy. We are not that old (46 & 52) but our lives are busy. We want our time together to be fun but quiet if we wish. Also, we could not find any chairs on deck on sea days. Maybe that is the case on any cruise line but at 9:30 in the morning, you would think you could find 2!! The last sea day I just laid out on our balcony which was fine.

Any thoughts from veteran Princess cruisers would be appreciated. Probably thinking about an eastern itinerary since we haven't done that for years.

We are seriously thinking about Princess for next March. We just returned on a 5 night Carnival cruise out of Miami. Our room and balcony were fabulous and so enjoyed our time. I guess we are looking for a low-key restful vacation. We love lots of ports but really found all of the "activities" going on a bit too much. As an example, would have loved more night time movies on deck. We never got a chance to enjoy them and they were not run every night. We did more meals in the dining room than ever. The lido deck was not only 50-100 people deep but the food was not that great and we are not fussy. We are not that old (46 & 52) but our lives are busy. We want our time together to be fun but quiet if we wish. Also, we could not find any chairs on deck on sea days. Maybe that is the case on any cruise line but at 9:30 in the morning, you would think you could find 2!! The last sea day I just laid out on our balcony which was fine.

Any thoughts from veteran Princess cruisers would be appreciated. Probably thinking about an eastern itinerary since we haven't done that for years.

Ruby is sailing the Eastern Caribbean and is a beautiful ship. We had a Caribe balcony and enjoyed that as well as many, many places to find deck chairs. They may not all be right by the pool, but you'll find a place you like. If you like MUTS, arrive early as those chairs do go quickly!

Next winter you'll have the option of sailing from Galveston on Princess. Princess has, unfortunately, pulled out of San Juan. It will be handy for people who can drive there.

Archived