Princess..I will never leave you again!

tashaw1234

Royal Caribbean Diamond, 10 cruises I get

Diamond Lounge. On Princess with Platinum you have the nightly Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge. Drinks are not free, but the food is.

Complementary air deviation. With EZAir on Princess, there are no air deviation fees to wave.

A discount booklet that has always had some free interent time among other goodies . On Princess, you get free Internet time starting with your 6th cruise. Amount depends on the length of the voyage, 150 minutes for a 7 day cruise. No coupon required.

And a discount for booking balconies and suites. For a Diamond that is a $200 discount for a balcony. Princess has past passenger pricing on many cruises starting with your 2nd Princess cruise.

See above in red

Also, on RCCL you must check out (and return or you will be charged) for a towel in the pool area.

And just try to bring a bottle of wine onto an RCCL ship.

Perhaps we got lucky but the passengers were the same sort of mix as most cruiselines (we are in our sixties). I think Carnival cruises fall into the catergory of brands that people love to hate like McDonalds etc. Perhaps the reputation came from the short cruises they do. Even Cunard gets lots of complaints about party people when they do the short cruises in the UK (known as booze cruises)

In Australia the short cruises are often referred to as the "Chew and Spew" cruise.

We just returned from the Carnival Legend, 7 days western Caribbean. Four previous cruises were on Princess. We did our research.....this cruise out of Tampa is a "family" type cruise. Though traveling with no kids we were anticipating a calmer cruise than Carnival is known. We had a good time, cabin was great (Ocean Suite), staff friendly and competent, and food was fine (food is so subjective...DW loved the Lido and didn't like dining room, I was the opposite). So, we love Princess and will return for "special" cruises...TA, Med, Baltic, but will consider Carnival again for short local cruises.

See above in red

Also, on RCCL you must check out (and return or you will be charged) for a towel in the pool area.

And just try to bring a bottle of wine onto an RCCL ship.

Free drinks on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. I will take free.

I will take the free internet time anyway they give it to me. On Celebrity don't need a coupon though for the time.

Towel and wine policy have nothing to do with the loyalty program. That is a red herring. I could raise Princess nickel and dining, Princess is known for it but we are talking about the loyalty programs.

I am Platinum on Princess, Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal Caribbean. Having experienced them the Celebrity and Royal Caribbean programs are better. You can see from what I wrote that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean give more perks in their program. I like and appreciate the Princess program though. Even though it is pretty much limited to internet time that is something I use. And Princess, Celebrity and Royal programs are better than the HAL program which is a pitiful loyalty program. Won't stop me from going on HAL. HAL has great service, food and itineraries. No way I will be loyal one cruise line. In general the four are pretty much the same.

Hi,

we have been cruising with Princess since 2000 and have always found the product to be very consistent. It is also great to see that Princess listen to feedback ans incorporate comments in future product development.

We are booked onto the grand in July and have also booked the Royal's maiden voyage in 2013.:) We are here to stay

Archived