P&O Newbie questions

Jospen

I wonder if I could ask some questions about Ventura please

1. Are you able to take a travel iron onboard?

2. Can you buy drinks in a port and bring onboard?

3. Is a dressing gown supplied in the cabin?

4. Can we expect a rough crossing of the BOB in May?

5. What is the procedure for parking at Ocean terminal, Southampton? What happens if you arrive early?

6. Room service: is it reliable and good choice (breakfasts in particular).

7.Sun beds is there a 30 minute system like Princess to ensure there are sunbeds free?

I think that's it for now

Thank you in advance:)

1. Are you able to take a travel iron onboard? No absolutely not, there are irons & ironing boards in the launderettes.

2. Can you buy drinks in a port and bring onboard? Yes within reason and as long as you keep usage to your room.

3. Is a dressing gown supplied in the cabin? Don't think so, but you could always try asking your steward.

4. Can we expect a rough crossing of the BOB in May? Even the Met office don't know.

5. What is the procedure for parking at Ocean terminal, Southampton? What happens if you arrive early? If you are using CPS you just turn up, you will be given a time by P&O but this is seldom adhered to.

6 Room rervice: is it reliable and good choice (breakfasts in particular). Breakfast service is generally reliable but you only have continental choice, never tried other RS.

7.Sun beds is there a 30 minute system like Princess to ensure there are sunbeds free? No its a free for all with plenty of scratching and gouging, and thats just the ladies!!!

Hope that answers your queries.

1. Are you able to take a travel iron onboard?

2. Can you buy drinks in a port and bring onboard?

3. Is a dressing gown supplied in the cabin?

4. Can we expect a rough crossing of the BOB in May?

5. What is the procedure for parking at Ocean terminal, Southampton? What happens if you arrive early?

6. Room service: is it reliable and good choice (breakfasts in particular).

7.Sun beds is there a 30 minute system like Princess to ensure there are sunbeds free?

Hi Jospen,

OK

1. No but there are launderettes on the ship with irons, free.

2. Yes both in Southampton and the ports you visit. But there is duty free on board for spirits which is quite cheap. You can consume these in your cabin.

3. In higher grade cabins, but I think you can ask your cabin steward.

4. Yes, No and Maybe. Its the how long is a piece of string question.

5. You are told where to draw up and you give CPS your car and keys after you have all your luggage out and then you wave it by by. (Assuming you have this booked) What do you mean by early?

6. Always worked for us.

7. Do not think so.

Gan Canny

Dai

i have a question now - we are regular princess passengers but we hav just found a cheap cruise leaving 4 may - Baltic capitals. How formal are the formal nights? - how formal are semi formal nights - it says jackets in semi formal - we are only used to formal, smart casual and casual - help please.

Holiday Helen

P&O formal night is highly observed on all the ships with over 90% of men wearing black dinner suit (tux) with the other men mostly wearing a dark lounge suit and tie.. ofcourse there will always be a few rebels wearing a tracksuit but they will be very much in the minority and stick out like a sore thumb. Woman will mostly be in long or cocktails dresses or very smart black evening trousers and tops.

Jospen

3. dressing gowns are in some higher grade cabins like suite minisuites, and deluxe balconies. If you have not got one of these maybe take you own, I take a silky one as these take no room up in case and are a good cover up if you do decide on room service or want to go out on the balcony early morning!

Room service is great on a port day if you have a early start on a tour, a good 'wake-up' call, and saves time going down to breakfast. There is a card you hang on door you fill in night before. Cereal, yogurts, danish, toast etc.

Taking drink onboard, is allowed on P&o if sailing from Southampton, although as said earlier SPIRITS are duty free onboard, this is no good to me as I drink wine and wine is expensive - £5 a glass/ £14+ a bottle, so i take a winebox on for cabin drinking and this is allowed/

Hubby is taking his suit - its just a normal suit - always been ok on princess - so pesumably be ok on formal nights - and probably semi formal nights too if he needs a jacket. We would never dream of going out to dinner anywhere in a tracksuit - but we were hoping a smart shirt and pants would suffice on semi formals. For casual on princess we were allowed smart jeans and polo shirts. We have applied for first sitting - but we are currently on a waitlist - so if we can only get 2nd sitting we will probably go for the buffett anyway - 8.30 is too late for me really - and we found we often only left the dining room about 10 -10.30

Archived