Solstice - Deck 7 - 3rd & 4th beds.

Gail5863

Hello- I have booked Celebrity Solistice for my brother, wife and two small children for an August cruise in the Mediterranean. I have booked a Deluxe Verandah cabin - no. 7167 - which appears to have a queen size bed (made from two singles presumably), then a sofa bed and upper berth for the children.

My question is - is the upper berth above the queen size bed - or above the sofabed - would anyone know?

I really don't think they would like the upper berth pulling down over the main bed where the adults sleep, so if this is the case, I need to change the reservation.

Also - if there's anyone out there who has also been on the Royal Caribbean Voyager type ships - is Celeb Solstice likely to be a better experience i.e. food/ship? I know it doesnt have the ice rink or climbing wall like Royal Carib ships, but is there anything other than the real grass and glass blowing that is different? Any views would be helpful. This is a family of four, with two children 14 and 10. Also - on dress code - do they need to dress more for dinner on this ship? Does my brother need take a tux? Thank you in advance. I know you will be most helpful!! Gail

Just off the Eclipse, which as an S class ship, and has the same amenities as the Solstice. Our daughter used the pull-down bunk all week. It is over the sofa, and my 16 year old daughter slept there with no problems. They fold it up during the day so it is not in the way. My boys are both larger than their sister (think adults) and they/we were also very pleased with the size and configuration of the room. I think the pictures make it look smaller than it feels. Your group will have to make use of the overhead bins for storage...I highly recommend the fold-up containers mentioned on this board previously for good storage in that area.

Never been on RC but I can tell you that dress for dinner really is smart casual. All males in our party wore nice button-up-the-front, collared shirts and khaki pants and were dressed fine for all but the formal nights. People really do dress up for formal nights but a suit coat over smart casual works. Saw almost no tux but we were in the Caribbean. The maitre'd will provide a jacket if you don't want to pack one and they also said a long sleeved shirt would work as well. Women can get by on formal nights with a nice dress, doesn't have to be fancy. We wore skirts rest of the time but there were dressy pants, jeans, etc on other than formal nights.

Thank you for the replies, this is really helpful and I'm now re-assured that the cabin will be OK for them. It is always nice to know about the dress code up front so they can be prepared!

Thx Gail

Hello,

We also have a cabin on Equinox with an upper bunk; does anyone have a photo of the set-up, just so I can visualise it. A photo of the above-bed storage would also be useful.

Many thanks,

Jim

Hello- I have booked Celebrity Solistice for my brother, wife and two small children for an August cruise in the Mediterranean. I have booked a Deluxe Verandah cabin - no. 7167 - which appears to have a queen size bed (made from two singles presumably), then a sofa bed and upper berth for the children.

My question is - is the upper berth above the queen size bed - or above the sofabed - would anyone know?

I really don't think they would like the upper berth pulling down over the main bed where the adults sleep, so if this is the case, I need to change the reservation.

Also - if there's anyone out there who has also been on the Royal Caribbean Voyager type ships - is Celeb Solstice likely to be a better experience i.e. food/ship? I know it doesnt have the ice rink or climbing wall like Royal Carib ships, but is there anything other than the real grass and glass blowing that is different? Any views would be helpful. This is a family of four, with two children 14 and 10. Also - on dress code - do they need to dress more for dinner on this ship? Does my brother need take a tux? Thank you in advance. I know you will be most helpful!! Gail

The bunk will pull down from the ceiling above the sofabed. One thing I would like to point out is that it seems to make the cabin appear larger if the sofabed is near the balcony rather than near the bathroom. My sister and her family had the cabin next door to us on Silhouette last week and they had the sofabed near the balcony. When the sofabed was opened and the bunk was pulled down, it didn't seem to get in the way of other areas of the cabin.

Jo-Ann

The bunk will pull down from the ceiling above the sofabed. One thing I would like to point out is that it seems to make the cabin appear larger if the sofabed is near the balcony rather than near the bathroom. My sister and her family had the cabin next door to us on Silhouette last week and they had the sofabed near the balcony. When the sofabed was opened and the bunk was pulled down, it didn't seem to get in the way of other areas of the cabin.

Jo-Ann

I believe it has been previously mentioned on the boards that all rooms which are capable of sleeping 4 have the couch and the pull down bed by the balcony.

I believe it has been previously mentioned on the boards that all rooms which are capable of sleeping 4 have the couch and the pull down bed by the balcony.

Yes, I believe you are correct. Having those extra beds by the balcony was a smart move, because it really does make the room appear much larger and the beds are out of the way.

Jo-Ann

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by whitshel

Here is room #8267 on the Eclipse

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t...0/IMG_0847.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2...0/IMG_0849.JPG

It looks like there is a large drawer under the sofabed in these pictures. Is that storage?

Janet

I've heard it is a trundle bed, but not really heard of anyone using it. Most seem to prefer the upper due to floor space.

Archived