Get me excited about Miracle Panama Canal

Cruise Arizona

Suzanne, I have no doubt you and your husband will enjoy this cruise. Bonnie & I can only share with you what we have experienced on Carnival, since it has been the only cruise line we have sailed on. As for comments of hearing folks not sharing their opinion of having a fantastic time and comparing cruise lines....we cruise and hang with a group of folks who have done short and long cruises on a lot of different cruise lines and we have heard different people comment one hating one cruise line while another loved it.

It all comes down to your personal experience and how you approach life in general. I know for a fact that there are people who spend their life looking for the negative, and guess what they find....everything sucks! But if you have an open mind, go to have a fun vacation and enjoy yourself.....you will find a good time.

Dress is something of chose and if you want to dress up, you will have no need to feel out of place or if you want to dress down, you can do that too. As my lovely wife stated, I sometimes wear a tux or suit on formal night, do not recall seeing anyone wearing t- shirts or shorts on formal night.

I can understand your husband appearing to be stubborn to you, my wife has said that about me at times, but Carnival is a cruise line that gives you freedom to do what you want, you can relax, you can get involved in many activities or just some.

My wife and I took our kids and the few grand kids we had back then in 2006 on Carnival, it was the best family vacation I have ever had. There were 16 of us in 6 different cabins ranging from 18 months to early 50s and everyone loved it. This was the best cruise I had ever had, until Bonnie &I sailed on the Magic TA cruise last fall and we hooked up with a group of folks who we are now life long friends with.

Go for it and book.....worse thing happens is that you find out that this particular cruise maybe did not compare to the best Celebrity cruise you have ever done...but going through the Canal is an experience in itself!

As for risking deposits....if you still have "cold feet" about this cruise, go ahead and book your room and just list one of you as booking the cabin, this cuts your deposit cost down to just $400 for now and once you make a final decision, call up and add the rest of the family. On Carnival, you can book a room with just one guest name & one person deposit nd add additional people later. This gets you the room at a set price. You cn also book "early saver fare" which will allow you to get the cheaper rate if prices should drop before setting sail!

There is obviously a Cruise Critic roll cll already going for the cruise. You may also find other discussions on this cruise if you web search Miracle on The Canal.

Man, instead of giving my two cents...I spent a whole dollar! Have a great weekend:cool:

a few nice families and lots of friendly older couples?

Families and older couples.

You guys know how to make a guy feel good. Youngest just moved out earlier this year, so no kids. That makes us an "older couple".

......better unplug this computer before my wife reads that she is now an "older couple".;)

Suzanne, I have no doubt you and your husband will enjoy this cruise. Bonnie & I can only share with you what we have experienced on Carnival, since it has been the only cruise line we have sailed on. As for comments of hearing folks not sharing their opinion of having a fantastic time and comparing cruise lines....we cruise and hang with a group of folks who have done short and long cruises on a lot of different cruise lines and we have heard different people comment one hating one cruise line while another loved it.

It all comes down to your personal experience and how you approach life in general. I know for a fact that there are people who spend their life looking for the negative, and guess what they find....everything sucks! But if you have an open mind, go to have a fun vacation and enjoy yourself.....you will find a good time.

Dress is something of chose and if you want to dress up, you will have no need to feel out of place or if you want to dress down, you can do that too. As my lovely wife stated, I sometimes wear a tux or suit on formal night, do not recall seeing anyone wearing t- shirts or shorts on formal night.

I can understand your husband appearing to be stubborn to you, my wife has said that about me at times, but Carnival is a cruise line that gives you freedom to do what you want, you can relax, you can get involved in many activities or just some.

My wife and I took our kids and the few grand kids we had back then in 2006 on Carnival, it was the best family vacation I have ever had. There were 16 of us in 6 different cabins ranging from 18 months to early 50s and everyone loved it. This was the best cruise I had ever had, until Bonnie &I sailed on the Magic TA cruise last fall and we hooked up with a group of folks who we are now life long friends with.

Go for it and book.....worse thing happens is that you find out that this particular cruise maybe did not compare to the best Celebrity cruise you have ever done...but going through the Canal is an experience in itself!

As for risking deposits....if you still have "cold feet" about this cruise, go ahead and book your room and just list one of you as booking the cabin, this cuts your deposit cost down to just $400 for now and once you make a final decision, call up and add the rest of the family. On Carnival, you can book a room with just one guest name & one person deposit nd add additional people later. This gets you the room at a set price. You cn also book "early saver fare" which will allow you to get the cheaper rate if prices should drop before setting sail!

There is obviously a Cruise Critic roll cll already going for the cruise. You may also find other discussions on this cruise if you web search Miracle on The Canal.

Man, instead of giving my two cents...I spent a whole dollar! Have a great weekend:cool:

Dear Mr mrs Membrane,

I think you are right about mr and mrs Arizona coming on this boat trip. It isn't as fancy as Brand x but it is nice. I know cause i been on a couple of cruises too.

That was a great idea about visit that other social media place and put Miracle on the Canal in the search engineer. Wow...a whole new page popped out!

Dear Mr mrs Membrane,

I think you are right about mr and mrs Arizona coming on this boat trip. It isn't as fancy as Brand x but it is nice. I know cause i been on a couple of cruises too.

That was a great idea about visit that other social media place and put Miracle on the Canal in the search engineer. Wow...a whole new page popped out!

We can't say enough nice things about how helpful you have been. We've spent the last couple of hours looking at all the links and pictures, checking out the menu's and the daily schedules of activities and there are certainly lots of wonderful things on this ship. We loved the schedule of activities, water slides, ropes course, mini golf, lots of games and trivia and even afternoon Karaoke. Some of the dining room food photos were amazing.

I have much to think about because the BTB Celebrity is still appealing too. We get lots of extras on Celebrity like the free evening cocktail party from 5-7, a wine appreciation event, officers party, laundry and even few meaningless perks. :) Probably is a little fancier. In my real life I a t-shirts and sweats kind of girl, but in my cruise life I think I'm Angelina Jolie on the red carpet with Brad Pitt, well sans leg sticking out. I love to see the rest of my family all dressed up, and quite frankly, if they don't have to they won't dress up. :D

So I have quite a lot to consider, but one this is for sure, no matter which way decided to go, we will be cruising with very very nice people.

Damn, they are letting flip flops in the MDR on this cruise? I might have to tell my Uncle about this, his whole kinfolk might want to go!

All folks from Arkansas are welcome, even the ones with women who don't shave their arm pits or legs.:)

All folks from Arkansas are welcome, even the ones with women who don't shave their arm pits or legs.:)

You know these types of comment contribute so much to the thread and are ever so helpful to someone who wants to learn more about about the ins and outs of Carnival. Thanks you for all your deep and insightful comments!

Miracle does not have a rope course. It has a waterside, mini golf, ping pong, chess, billiard tables, and basketball court. We have done the Miracle 2x. We just got off on Friday from an 8 day cruise. It does have flat screen tvs in the room now. We didn't care for them as the picture was lousy from the bed due to position that can not be changed.

My parents love Celebrity. Have you thought about RCL? They do Panama Canal on a limited basis also if I'm not mistaken, but have more older teen options. We really would love RCL but the cost is prohibitive often compared to Carnival.

We like Carnival. You will find on longer sailings that the crowds are older. Carnival is pretty laid back. We were very laid back on this past cruise. I think we ate in the MDR on 3 nights even skipping one of the elegant nights. Im not a big wine afficianado but found the wine list a little lean on good wine. The nice thing is you can bring on a bottle of wine per adult.

Have fun researching!

You know these types of comment contribute so much to the thread and are ever so helpful to someone who wants to learn more about about the ins and outs of Carnival. Thanks you for all your deep and insightful comments!

*LIKE*:D Good one Suzanne ;)

I always wonder why some people enjoy this kind of attention :confused:

Miracle does not have a rope course. It has a waterside, mini golf, ping pong, chess, billiard tables, and basketball court. We have done the Miracle 2x. We just got off on Friday from an 8 day cruise. It does have flat screen tvs in the room now. We didn't care for them as the picture was lousy from the bed due to position that can not be changed.

My parents love Celebrity. Have you thought about RCL? They do Panama Canal on a limited basis also if I'm not mistaken, but have more older teen options. We really would love RCL but the cost is prohibitive often compared to Carnival.

We like Carnival. You will find on longer sailings that the crowds are older. Carnival is pretty laid back. We were very laid back on this past cruise. I think we ate in the MDR on 3 nights even skipping one of the elegant nights. Im not a big wine afficianado but found the wine list a little lean on good wine. The nice thing is you can bring on a bottle of wine per adult.

Have fun researching!

LuLu-

Interesting about the flat screens. You would think they would be an inprovement.

And I agree- I hope you have fun finding out all the details you need to make your decision Suzanne. Once you decide, let us know if you are coming on the Miracle with us. It would be fun to share a glass of wine! :).

Wonderful thread..nice people..really enjoyed reading it..I would love a 7 day..let alone a 2 week..i just think the longer the better with the negatives because they have more time to plan and do it right..less rush...less real tiny ones and the Spirit class ships are very wonderful flow and organizational and will be even less crowded on this type of cruise..Cunard used this same Hull design for Queen Victoria..they are a wonderful size..not too big and not too small,,,..there will always be people who love to dress on the cruises...especially longer ones I would think..do what you want, either way Suzanne you and your family will be an asset and attract many others like you..have a wonderful time deciding..I am looking forward to my Celebrity cruises one day....Sarah

Wonderful thread..nice people..really enjoyed reading it..I would love a 7 day..let alone a 2 week..i just think the longer the better with the negatives because they have more time to plan and do it right..less rush...less real tiny ones and the Spirit class ships are very wonderful flow and organizational and will be even less crowded on this type of cruise..Cunard used this same Hull design for Queen Victoria..they are a wonderful size..not too big and not too small,,,..there will always be people who love to dress on the cruises...especially longer ones I would think..do what you want, either way Suzanne you and your family will be an asset and attract many others like you..have a wonderful time deciding..I am looking forward to my Celebrity cruises one day....Sarah

Thank you for your kind words. I think there will be lots of nice people no matter which line. And that does go for Celebrity too....it is maybe a bit fancier, but the people are very nice there just as they have been on this thread.

Interesting about the flat screens. You would think they would be an inprovement.

When we were aboard (03-26-12), we had our steward leave one of the door stops, and we were able to put it under the back of the tv base. This increased the angle, which made the picture sharper. If they had mounted them on a wall base which allowed for manually changing the angle/degree, it would have made more sense.

Fortunately, we don't spend a lot of time in our room, so the TV really didn't matter...used it to check ships position and sometimes catch the late news.

OP, please let us know when you make your final decision! :cool: Menbon aka Rex, I LOVE your cruise history and the way you have it formatted, LOVE seeing the cruises you have booked :);), but maybe you want to correct Carnival SLENDER to Carnival SPLENDOR. :confused::eek::confused:

Archived