Booking on board

robbie21

Hey all you Oceania experts!

What is the advantage of booking your next cruise while on board? Is there a further discount over the currently advertised deal?

For example, a cruise we are looking at is currently offered at 2 for 1 with free air plus an additional $2000 off per cabin. There are many similar offers. These are pretty good deals but the question is, can I beat this deal by booking on board?

Robbie

Hey all you Oceania experts!

What is the advantage of booking your next cruise while on board? Is there a further discount over the currently advertised deal?

For example, a cruise we are looking at is currently offered at 2 for 1 with free air plus an additional $2000 off per cabin. There are many similar offers. These are pretty good deals but the question is, can I beat this deal by booking on board?

Robbie

The base discount for booking on board is 5%.

While on board Nautica in early April, we booked "Mosaic Masterpiece" on Riviera for September 2013. The 5% discount was $575.40, much better than the $200 offered by mail earlier this week.

Don

The on board discount is in addition to other advertised discounts.

My TA suggested booking on board for maximum discount, but bear in mind many promotions expire, so you have to keep that in mind before you wait.

You can also book now and request the Oceania ambassador get you the additional credit while you are on board. This only works if the category you are booking into is still open for new bookings.

Thanks for the quick and complete response.

Now we need to decide which cruise(s) we want next :)

Robbie

You can also book a "phantom cruise" if you cannot decide what cruise or want to take while on board or are still waiting for the next round of itineraries to be released (that is what I usually do). Your TA can then transfer the 5% to a different cruise when you make the selection. Although the rules state that only one such transfer is permissible my TA assures me he could do it twice if need be and has done so. Guess my discount internet TA is ok after all. LOL

I will probably do a phantom booking on this upcoming May cruise and wait for the 2014 itineraries to come out.

One more tidbit!

You can even apply the 5% discount to an existing booking. When I was on Marina in November I applied the 5% to my already booked Dubai to Rome cruise in 2013. I simply brought the booking number with me and it was applied to the fare and sent to my TA.

Sometimes they have had 10% off upcoming cruises ..if you have the time to do one within a short time frame

I never seem to have that time frame ;)

They have also done reduced deposits -- last cruise (January 2012) - deposit was $750 instead of the normal $1500.

They have also done reduced deposits -- last cruise (January 2012) - deposit was $750 instead of the normal $1500.

They do that even if you book via a TA for the current time frame

Subject to change ;)

Yes, Oceania will offer these on-board discounts to you provided that the cruises you have booked atill have space available in the identical categories and that they are more than 90 days in the future. I have used this method twice. The first time without problems. I strongly suggest checking with your TA to make certain they will honour the Oceania discount. The second time Oceania gave me an on-board booking discount, my TA (of long standing) refused to apply the discount($600+) to my final payment stating I had already received an excessive amount of discount. Obviously, I am presently shopping for a new agent.

Archived