Why do some posters at cc do this?

picklebongo

I have noticed that a number of people at the end of their post will say, "Sent from iphone or Taptalk? Why is this done? I'm not the least bit technology savvy, so just curious.

There is no need for anybody to response with a catty remark like...what's it to you? I am just asking for information because I genuinely do not understand if this is a requirement if messages are sent from other means than a computer.

I have noticed that a number of people at the end of their post will say, "Sent from iphone or Taptalk? Why is this done? I'm not the least bit technology savvy, so just curious.

There is no need for anybody to response with a catty remark like...what's it to you? I am just asking for information because I genuinely do not understand if this is a requirement if messages are sent from other means than a computer.

They're using a phone app to post from, which auto adds that message at the end of posts as an advertisement. Most people don't realize/don't know how/can't disable the message if the app adds it on.

You had it right--messages are sent from portable devices. Tapatalk is an app for smartphones and mobile devices (mostly tablets) through which we can interact on CC. It's handy for me during the day because I don't always have access to a computer terminal, but I do always have my iPhone and iPad.

You had it right--messages are sent from portable devices. Tapatalk is an app for smartphones and mobile devices (mostly tablets) through which we can interact on CC. It's handy for me during the day because I don't always have access to a computer terminal, but I do always have my iPhone and iPad.

Computer terminal? You work on a mainframe or something? :p

I signed up for CC from my phone and do all my browsing and posting from it. I was offered taptalk at first but declined it. Near as I can tell it serves no purpose? Anyone that uses it able to offer a more in-depth report of what it does for them?

I have no idea why they have/use the app. I can view and post just fine from my iphone without the app.

I signed up for CC from my phone and do all my browsing and posting from it. I was offered taptalk at first but declined it. Near as I can tell it serves no purpose? Anyone that uses it able to offer a more in-depth report of what it does for them?

PESONALLY, I find it easier to navigate CC from Tapatalk than thru Safari or Google on my iphone.

Tapatalk does several things that make it more convenient than using the Internet browser on your phone or tablet. Of course this is all just

My opinion and your mileage may vary, but here are several reason I prefer to use tapatalk:

1. If you frequent more than one set of forums or message board, the app can load them all in memory and you can access any of them with one button.

2. Tapa makes the forum layout immensely more convenient to read on the phone, and you can navigate threads, and pages simply by scrolling up on your touchscreen. Trying to zoom in and find the next button without accidentally pressing the wrong button on the web is a pain on the phone.

3. Tapa remembers where you were when you left a thread, and opens to that page of the thread when you come back to it.

4. When you tap on a picture in tapatalk, you view the full size photo in the photo app and have every photo on that page available in full size to scan through at the same time so you don't have to continually click on thumbnails and wait for them to load on the web.

I am sure there things I am leaving out, and there are folks who use it ( or do not) for other reasons as well. On the iPhone it is free so I enjoy the convenience. Like everything in life it is in the eye of the beholder!

Tapatalk does several things that make it more convenient than using the Internet browser on your phone or tablet. Of course this is all just

My opinion and your mileage may vary, but here are several reason I prefer to use tapatalk:

1. If you frequent more than one set of forums or message board, the app can load them all in memory and you can access any of them with one button.

2. Tapa makes the forum layout immensely more convenient to read on the phone, and you can navigate threads, and pages simply by scrolling up on your touchscreen. Trying to zoom in and find the next button without accidentally pressing the wrong button on the web is a pain on the phone.

3. Tapa remembers where you were when you left a thread, and opens to that page of the thread when you come back to it.

4. When you tap on a picture in tapatalk, you view the full size photo in the photo app and have every photo on that page available in full size to scan through at the same time so you don't have to continually click on thumbnails and wait for them to load on the web.

I am sure there things I am leaving out, and there are folks who use it ( or do not) for other reasons as well. On the iPhone it is free so I enjoy the convenience. Like everything in life it is in the eye of the beholder!

Thank you for this info! I use an iPad to access CC and couldn't understand why someone would want to pay for an app (not free for ipad last i checked) when they can access CC from a browser for free.

Thanks for the post picklebongo. I have noticed that also. Sent from my laptop using two fingers.:rolleyes:

Thank you for this info! I use an iPad to access CC and couldn't understand why someone would want to pay for an app (not free for ipad last i checked) when they can access CC from a browser for free.

It's been a while since I installed it but it was only something like $2.99. Makes it MUCH easier to navigate, especially on an iPhone with such a small screen. Also, if you've already downloaded it to your iphone, you can download to your iPad for free.

When I got my tablet, I registered AOL as the email application.

When I sent myself an email to test, it said under the message "Send from Samsung Galaxy 10.1"

I don't use tapatalk, so that's the only one the message comes up on.

For Apple users who use the Tapatalk app...

I have an iPad and was going to get the Tapatalk app. There are 2 versions, one for the iPhone/iPod and a HD version for the iPad. The HD version is not that well rated and cost a few bucks more.

So my question... any iPad users who have the iPhone version of Tapatalk (not the HD iPad version)? Does it work well for you or would you suggest the HD version.

Thanks.

~Denise

For Apple users who use the Tapatalk app...

I have an iPad and was going to get the Tapatalk app. There are 2 versions, one for the iPhone/iPod and a HD version for the iPad. The HD version is not that well rated and cost a few bucks more.

So my question... any iPad users who have the iPhone version of Tapatalk (not the HD iPad version)? Does it work well for you or would you suggest the HD version.

Thanks.

~Denise

I have the regular one on my iPad. I have no complaints.

I knew it was an automatic thing, but for some reason seeing that so often bugs the crap out of me and I don't really know why. :)

Sounds like a personal problem to me. ;)

It is basically advertising. People see the message and think "Wow: If I buy a Galaxy, Blackberry, Ipad, Iphone or other device I can post even more.

Take care,

Mike

I have no idea why they have/use the app. I can view and post just fine from my iphone without the app.

Same for me! Never even checked in to the app - because I have always just gone through Safari.

So...someone who's done it both way from an iPhone (with and without the app) what's the difference?? Does Taptalk do things that Safari doesn't?? :confused:

Above are correct, it's an application (app) on the phone... what I don't get are the ones that show you where the sender is... I would never want to advertise my location.

I added tapatalk to my iPhone, and the first time I posted using it, I saw that it listed my location. That creeped me out a bit, so I disabled that function.

Archived