FV 7199 or 7202 Millennium Northbound Alaska - Does it matter?

northwoods2

We have the choice between the two corner aft FV cabins 7199 or 7202 on our Northbound Alaska cruise this summer and I can't decide which to keep.

7202 Pros

- Starboard as most recommend for northbound Alaska

- because you see more land

- and you can watch the docking process

7199 Pros

- More afternoon sun might be nice for warmth (I expect we will use the balcony more in the afternoon / evening) Besides on the days we are at sea.

Is there any smoking concerns with 7199?

Since we can see both sides on these rooms I'm not sure how important the starboard side is.

.....they are letting you hold up both of these rooms. The are amongst the best on the ship. If I were you, I would grab one & get the permanent room assignment.

This is are 2nd year we were able to grab one of these rooms & there are only 2 of us.

You never know when they will open them up to 'anyone'. Then they will be gone in a minute.

Last year they were available (to anyone)on our cruise 30 days in advance to sailing...this year 2 1/2 months out !

Yeah I know. We have 7199 booked (originally had the one on 9 just below the smoking area but was able to switch a few months ago). But today 7202 just came open so I have it on hold until I decide if I should switch.

There are just 2 of us also. I think this cruise is not selling as well as others since we leave on the opening of the Olympics. That's the only reason I can come up with that there were C1 aft rooms available still in February for a July cruise.

I think either one will be fine. Actually, those balconies stick out so much that I think you would probably get the afternoon sun on either one, but I've never sailed in one so can't say for sure.

Just so you know, the ship will dock how the harbor master instructs it to dock. So there is no guarantee as to which side will face the dock at each port. If you really want to watch the docking process closely and you don't happen to be on the appropriate side, you can always go up on deck.

Archived