Jet Sking in Bermuda

Pickels

We tried jetskiing for the first time when we visited Bermuda last October. We're not whimpy when it comes to adrenaline-tours, but our experience on jetskis out in the ocean (4 ft+ waves) was unexpectedly terrifying, for the cost. Couldn't wait for it to end. Just a word of caution! I've heard that helmet-dives are really cool, we'll try that on our next visit this October... good luck!

glad you had a great experience! To each his/her own, I guess. During our tour, the guide used our waterproof camera to take a pic of us, and we laughed when we got home that at the time we thought it would be known as "the last picture of us alive".... funny to laugh about now!

...now if they only had ziplining in Bermuda, ha! That'd be the ticket for me.

• 3 weeks later...
glad you had a great experience! To each his/her own, I guess. During our tour, the guide used our waterproof camera to take a pic of us, and we laughed when we got home that at the time we thought it would be known as "the last picture of us alive".... funny to laugh about now!

...now if they only had ziplining in Bermuda, ha! That'd be the ticket for me.

I see you went in October, In Oct. sure would be waves, it is hurricaneseason. I was there in July, nice calm waters and no storms brewing.

My husband and kids jet skied by themselves several years ago from the outfitter at Somerset Bridge. I don't think that has changed... but maybe so?

According to the K.S. Water Sports web site, by law all jet ski rentals in Bermuda require a tour guide.

The Somerset Bridge Watersports site says the following: "Our experienced guides will ensure that this is your outstanding memory of Bermuda...", which to me implies there is a guide.

According to the K.S. Water Sports web site, by law all jet ski rentals in Bermuda require a tour guide.

The Somerset Bridge Watersports site says the following: "Our experienced guides will ensure that this is your outstanding memory of Bermuda...", which to me implies there is a guide.

I guess it must have changed. I just asked my son if he and his dad and sister had a guide, and he said no, they did it on their own. This was about 8 years ago, however.

Archived