This is the recent Club HAL & Teens Schedule

ekerr19

From our Volendam voyage in March, here is a list of the Club HAL activities.

Kids - ages 5-12

Embarkation

1. Orientation Meeting - bring your parents, Wajang Theater 5:30pm

2. Welcome Aboard Party 8:30 - 9:30pm, Sky Room

Day One - Nassau

1. Getting to Know You, Sky Room 2:00pm

2. Ships Tour, Sky Room 2:30pm

3. Fusion Fun, Sky Room 3:30pm

4. Ship Trivia, Sky Room 4:15 - 5:00pm

5. Mysterious Spy Night, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Two - At Sea

1. Gone Fishing, Sky room 9:00am

2. Don't Eat Tommy!, Sky Room 9:30am

3. Raid the Arcade, Arcade Room 10:00am

4. Talent Show Sign-ups, Sky Room 11:15am

5. Beads Galore, Sky Room 11:30 - noon

6. Snowball Fight, Sky Room 2:00pm

7. SPUD, Sports Deck 2:30pm

8. ISYSWSFIC, Ice Cream Parlor 3:15pm

9. Celebrity Heads, Sky Room 3:45pm

10. Postcards Home, Sky Room 4:15 - 5:00pm

11. Camp Volendam, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Three- St, Thomas

Activities between 2:00 - 5:00pm by registration only. We offer an open house for any kids registered in our special port day activities. Kids must be registered no later than 8:00pm the night before. You may register anytime between 2 - 5:00pm.

1. Tye-Dye and Carnival Night, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm - we provide the t-shirts for tye-dye.

Day Four - St. Maarten

Activities between 2:00 - 5:00pm by registration only. We offer an open house for any kids registered in our special port day activities. Kids must be registered no later than 8:00pm the night before. You may register anytime between 2 - 5:00pm.

1. Ships Ahoy, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Five - Dominica

1. Kick N' Back with Club HAL, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Six - Barbados

1. Cosmis Cruisers, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Seven - At Sea

1. Easter Egg Hunt - Franz Hals Lounge, 9:00am

2. A Very Special Visitor Arrives... Franz Hals Lounge 9:45am

3. Talent Show Rehearsals, Sky Room 2:00pm

4. Puppet Party, Sky Room 2:45pm

5. GaGa Ball, Sports Deck 3:45pm

6. Decorating Easter Eggs, Sky Room 4:15pm

7. Bunny Hop, 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Eight - At Sea

1. Games Galore, Sky Room 9:00am

2. Magic Portholes, Sky room 9:45am

3. Talent Show Rehearsals, Sky Room 10:30am

4. Don't Eat Tommy, Sky Room 11:30am

5. Meet for Talent Show, Sky Room 1:30pm

6. Paper Airplane Contest, Sky Room 3:00pm

7. Water Balloon Toss, Sky Room 3:30pm

8. Candy Bingo, Sky Room 4:00 - 5:00pm

9. Showtime, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Day Nine - Half Moon Cay

1. Crazy Castles, Water Park 10:00 -11:00am

2. Farewell Pajamarama Party!, Sky Room 8:00 - 10:00pm

Teens - ages 13 -17 (I am missing some days, my DD lost some of them, sorry)

At Sea

1. Conga time!, Lido restaurant, Port Side 11:00am

2. Football Toss, Lido restaurant, Port Side 2:00pm

3. Caribbean Cards, Lido restaurant, Port Side 3:30pm

4. Easter Egg Decorating, Sky Room 5:00pm

5. T-Shirt Signing, Lido restaurant, Port Side 9:00pm ("DAM Friends" shirt for signing provided)

6. Mocktails and Showtime, Sky Room 10:15pm

St.Thomas

1. I Never Game, Lido Restaurant 9:00pm

2. Tye Dye Chill Out, Sky Room 10:30pm (shirts for tye-dye provided)

St. Maarten

1. Battle of the Sexes Game, Lido Restaurant 9:00pm

2. Pick a Flick, Sky Room 10:30pm

Dominica

1. Teen vs. teen Trivia, Lido restaurant, Port Side 9:00pm

2. Amazing Race, Sky Room 10:30pm (my teens won this!!!)

Half Moon Cay

1. Wanna Buy a Duck?, Lido restaurant, Port Side 9:00pm

2. Farewell Teen Disco, Sky Room 10:30pm

Sorry I am missing some of the teen schedules, they pull apart and it looks like my daughter may have misplaced some of them.

If you have any questions, let me know - I may not have the answer, but one of my kids probably will!

Thanks so much for posting this! Looks like our girls will be real busy all week long! Viv

Viv - I am glad you found the post! Typing it was tons of fun, LOL! Like I said, our kids had a blast even my DS, who is not really "into" some of this stuff, but they had a great group of kids on our voyage.

They stayed busy all the time. For the first time ever, they were out later in the evenings than we were!

;) :eek:

Day Two - At Sea

1. Tolling For Shark: Aft Lower Promenade Deck, 9:00am

-- Club HAL Kids, wear your bathing suit and bring a mask and fins!

2. Bungie Cord Testing off side of ship, Sky Deck starboard side, 9:30am

-- Adult judges needed to determine if kids hit water or not

3. Let's Visit the ship's Brig! 10:00am

4. Silent Show, Sky Room 11:15am

5. Try-on hand-cuff and mouth-gags, Sky Room 11:30 - 2pm

6. High Diving, Forward Prow 2:00pm

-- Note: only if Captain has ship making 15+ knots

7. Skeet Shoot Practice, Sports Deck 2:30pm

-- Club HAL Kids should wear aerodynamic clothing

-- Adults allowed only 1 shot per-pull

8. Skeet Shoot Trials, Sports Deck, 3:30pm

9. Skeet Shoot Eliminations, Sports Deck 4:30pm

10. Skeet Shoot Finals, Sports Deck 5:30 - 6:30pm or until we run out of Club HAL Kids

11. Evening Trolling for Shark, Aft Lower Promenade 8:00 - 10:00pm

-- excellent for using up Club HAL Kids who were not aerodynamic

12. Club HAL Boxing, Aft Lido Deck 10:30 pm

-- Directions:

bring big box,

put remaining Club HAL Kids in box,

nail box shut

throw box off aft of ship

;)

And if anyone thinks I'm serious ... please check your sense-of-humor relays.

;) :eek:

And if anyone thinks I'm serious ... please check your sense-of-humor relays.

Now, I could get serious about that alternative schedule! At least it gave me my guffaw for the day.

Thanks for that.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but look at that teen schedule from the point of view of a 15-year-old teen boy (not yet interested in girls). Is he going to be excited about conga time, Caribbean cards, Easter egg decorating, T-shirt signing, or tye dye chill out? At lot of these things sound more appropriate for 10-year-olds. My teens love HAL, but this list is Exhibit A on why they don't participate in Club HAL for teens.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but look at that teen schedule from the point of view of a 15-year-old teen boy (not yet interested in girls). Is he going to be excited about conga time, Caribbean cards, Easter egg decorating, T-shirt signing, or tye dye chill out? At lot of these things sound more appropriate for 10-year-olds. My teens love HAL, but this list is Exhibit A on why they don't participate in Club HAL for teens.

Um, if he's 15 he's interested. Probably still working up the confidence to show it though. I think the activities are just like the ones for the adults, pick the ones you like and attend them. I'm sure it takes all kinds. We'll have a 15 year old boy among our clan on the Zuiderdam in May. I'll let you know what he thought about it.:o

Well, my kids DID enjoy it and they usually always do - it gives them a chance to meet the other kids onboard - and by the way - all the kids got involved with the t-shirt signing, they loved the "DAM Friends" t-shirts.

Maybe your teens are just into different things than others - but my kids have over 50 days each on HAL and have always enjoyed it. My son is 16 and I have yet to meet any 15 - 16 year olds (many of his friends spend considerable amounts of time in our home) not interested in getting to know other kids their age.

ekerr, thanks for the information. Do they break down the kids in the 5-12 year old group any further according to age (i.e. 5-8 or 9-12?), or do they do all the activities together? How old were your kids on the cruise? Ours would be 11 & 13 - you think they'd enjoy?

Thanks.

ekerr, thanks for the information. Do they break down the kids in the 5-12 year old group any further according to age (i.e. 5-8 or 9-12?), or do they do all the activities together? How old were your kids on the cruise? Ours would be 11 & 13 - you think they'd enjoy?

Thanks.

Our daughter is almost 13 and my son is now 16 - he's not into all the activities but he usually goes to the first few at least to meet friends. The kids usually all assemble at the Club HAL meeting places, because many times they didn't know which cabins some of their friends were in - then would decide if the activity was something they wanted to do.

For the kids program - I think they do break down the activities further by age, especially if there are a lot of kids on board, but I don't know specifically into what groupings.

Our kids have cruised on HAL 6 times and their favorite program was on the Zuiderdam - there were also about 400 kids onboard for our sailing. They have also enjoyed both our cruises over Easter break - there are usually always quite a few kids in the age group onboard.

I think 11 & 13 year olds would enjoy it - some of the activities may seem "cheesy" but we found most of the kids attending just liked to meet other kids.

My kids were not particularly outgoing the first few times they went, but now the are really comfortable introducing themselves to others.

If you have more questions, let me know!

Thanks for posting the list.

Is there any way to find out ahead of time how many kids will be on your cruise?

Yes, our TA can get that info from HAL, usually about 60 days before sailing. Have your TA call HAL and find out. :) If it is over 60 days til you sail, you may have to wait.

Ekerr, thanks for posting the itinerary for the kids club. I sent this to my sisters so they can get an idea of what the HAL Club is like for my nieces and nephews for our cruise next Feb. on the Volendam. Its changed a bit since they sailed on the Veendam almost 4 years ago now. Thanks alot.

Archived