Farewell Party - Free Drinks

yesaccasey

Carnival used to have a Captain's Celebration on formal night and they gave out free drinks much like the past guest party. It was well attended, however, they no longer give out free drinks during the Captain's Celebration... instead they moved the free drinks to the Farewell party on the last day of the cruise. But either nobody goes or nobody knows about it. It is poorly advertised (on purpose). I love the farewell party... wish it wasn't on the last night but who can pass on free drinks??! Does anyone else go to these? My group usually makes up half the attendees.

For those of you who don't know the Farewell Party is at 5pm on the last day of the cruise usually in the comedy club. They don't advertise it except for one line on the daily schedule so you have to watch for it!

I'm sure they do have some non alcoholic drinks. We attended the farewell party on The Elation on the last night at 5pm and really had a good time. Lots of drinks, music & fun. Had a really good group of people and the Asst. Cruise Director came and sat with us for awhile.

Definitely don't miss it...:):):)

Thanks for the info. I've been on 4 cruises and never have attended the Farewell party. I sure will this next cruise (254 days). I am not a drinker...do they have anything non-alcoholic?

I have seen children at the fair well parties and they were served just fruit punch. Not sure if soda is avail for free at this party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this on all ships? and is it only for past guests or anyone?

This party is open to all cruise ship guests. A lot don't know about it or know the drinks are free. The fun fairwell party is on all cruises 5 days or longer, all ships.

Carnival used to have a Captain's Celebration on formal night and they gave out free drinks much like the past guest party. It was well attended, however, they no longer give out free drinks during the Captain's Celebration... instead they moved the free drinks to the Farewell party on the last day of the cruise. But either nobody goes or nobody knows about it. It is poorly advertised (on purpose). I love the farewell party... wish it wasn't on the last night but who can pass on free drinks??! Does anyone else go to these? My group usually makes up half the attendees.

For those of you who don't know the Farewell Party is at 5pm on the last day of the cruise usually in the comedy club. They don't advertise it except for one line on the daily schedule so you have to watch for it!

I also wish it wasn't the last night seems how we all have to get up at nearly sunrise to get ready to disembark. Nothing worse than leaving a beautiful vacation after 5-7 days besides leaving hungover :(

Also one thing about captains celebration Is although the drinks may not be free anymore they are 1.00 off. So a little bit of savings there. :)

I go to the farewell party every cruise!! Just went to the one on the Elation Friday!!! It's always at 5:00 in the comedy club on the last night of the cruise!! They don't advertise it except for fun farewell party. It doesn't mention anything about free drinks!!! We had a really great group on this past one we went to!! Its a must!!! I am sure they have non-alcohol drinks!! We got to order what we wanted and they brought it out no problem!! The assistant cruise director did come and sit with us for a little while!! We had a blast!! Great music, free drinks, and great people to hang out with, couldn't ask for anything better!!

It is for everyone - and held on the last night at 5 pm - but I agree very poorly advertised (on purpose I would think!).

There may be mention of it on the first day of the cruise - advertising the free drinks - but on the Funtimes for the last day it is ONLY listed on the tear off section - all it says is Fun Farewell party and the place - no mention of music, entertainment or the free drinks!

Have Fun :D:D

Are the drinks that are at the Fun Farewell Party the same as those served at the Past Guest Party? I realize that a free drink is a free drink, however, if what they serve is something that you just can't stand, it just doesn't seem worth it (we attended the past guest party on our last cruise, and found that the drinks they offered weren't anything I like: Whiskey Sour, Screwdriver, beer, wine, something else I don't drink). I drink fruity drinks (fuzzy navel, pina colada, kiss on the lips, etc).

Are the drinks that are at the Fun Farewell Party the same as those served at the Past Guest Party? I realize that a free drink is a free drink, however, if what they serve is something that you just can't stand, it just doesn't seem worth it (we attended the past guest party on our last cruise, and found that the drinks they offered weren't anything I like: Whiskey Sour, Screwdriver, beer, wine, something else I don't drink). I drink fruity drinks (fuzzy navel, pina colada, kiss on the lips, etc).

Yes they are the same trays of drinks although some posters have actually got to order a specific drink. I will try this next time, the green,red and blue drinks are okay to me but I much rather have a piña colada anytime!!

You can definitely order something 'off' the tray - I have done this quite often (mango daiquiries - YUM!) - I usually do bring a couple of dollars and that usually helps things along quite nicely :) (both at the past guest party and the farewell party!)

Thanks for the info. I've been on 4 cruises and never have attended the Farewell party. I sure will this next cruise (254 days). I am not a drinker...do they have anything non-alcoholic?

samzgirl84, They do have non-alcoholic fruit punch it has a straw with paper on it instead of a smaller stiring straw. You can also ask for orange juice.

Is this on all ships? and is it only for past guests or anyone?

The party is open to everyone.

This party is open to all cruise ship guests. A lot don't know about it or know the drinks are free. The fun fairwell party is on all cruises 5 days or longer, all ships.

The party is on all cruises except the 3 night cruises which still have the old Captain's Celebration on formal/elegant night.

You can order whatever you want, the same as at the Past Guest Party. I've gotten Miami Vice, Kiss on the Lips, Kahlua and Cream, Mudslide, etc. You can also get Coke, Ginger Ale, water, etc.

You can order whatever you want, the same as at the Past Guest Party. I've gotten Miami Vice, Kiss on the Lips, Kahlua and Cream, Mudslide, etc. You can also get Coke, Ginger Ale, water, etc.

This is nice to know ... thank you for this information. :):)

We went on our last cruise. Seems like the drinks are flowing more freely than at the past guest party. I remember it being later than 5 tho. Maybe I am remembering wrong. Yes, it isn't advertised very well at all, on purpose I'm sure. I learned about it here on CC.

On the Carnival Magic, the drinks at the Farewell Party were a very limited selection, even by comparison to the past guest party. And the ones they had weren't very good. And when we asked for something else specifically, we were told that they're not allowed to serve anything else than what's on the tray. We've been told that before on a couple other ships, even when giving a couple bucks at first. But it's also worked for me before. It's a hit or miss thing. It depends on if the waiters had been told that they're not allowed to do that or not. It doesn't hurt to give it a shot, but you may be told no. The Farewell party is not too well attended, but it's been gaining here lately, as more and more are finding out the secret.

For the one who asked, the past guest party varies as to when & where. The invitation will be delivered to your stateroom. Carnival seems to be holding some of these at terrible times here lately, such as when we're in port.

I go to the farewell party every cruise!! Just went to the one on the Elation Friday!!! It's always at 5:00 in the comedy club on the last night of the cruise!! They don't advertise it except for fun farewell party. It doesn't mention anything about free drinks!!! We had a really great group on this past one we went to!! Its a must!!! I am sure they have non-alcohol drinks!! We got to order what we wanted and they brought it out no problem!! The assistant cruise director did come and sit with us for a little while!! We had a blast!! Great music, free drinks, and great people to hang out with, couldn't ask for anything better!!

It REALLY must be a lot of fun!! Nolababy, you used up all the exclamation points. LOL

And thanks to this post, I'll add this to my list of "Must Dos!".

We always go, few others do, because you're correct-no one knows about them.

I actually like the farewell party much better than the captains party.

Archived