Farewell Party - Free Drinks

yesaccasey

The farewell party is usually the highlight of the trip. It's a really good warm-up and then we go pick up the duty-free liquor at 6 and make a night of it!

Oh man, usually after about 8 drinks in an hour we're KO'd for the rest of the evening!:)

on freedom in september it was held in comedy club. waiters walked around with all kinds of drinks. i had manhattans and they were good. the party is a nice way to shake off the depression setting in that the cruise is almost over.

Oh man, usually after about 8 drinks in an hour we're KO'd for the rest of the evening!:)

No kidding. And the best advice I have for others is to try & get most of your luggage packed before you get your party on that evening!

Carnival used to have a Captain's Celebration on formal night and they gave out free drinks much like the past guest party. It was well attended, however, they no longer give out free drinks during the Captain's Celebration... instead they moved the free drinks to the Farewell party on the last day of the cruise. But either nobody goes or nobody knows about it. It is poorly advertised (on purpose). I love the farewell party... wish it wasn't on the last night but who can pass on free drinks??! Does anyone else go to these? My group usually makes up half the attendees.

For those of you who don't know the Farewell Party is at 5pm on the last day of the cruise usually in the comedy club. They don't advertise it except for one line on the daily schedule so you have to watch for it!

Thanks for that tip! I've never attended the farewell party, but plan on doing so on my next cruise.

The farewell party is usually the highlight of the trip. It's a really good warm-up and then we go pick up the duty-free liquor at 6 and make a night of it!

Do you buy the duty free then and get it or do they deliver it to your room?

Do you buy the duty free then and get it or do they deliver it to your room?

If you buy it on the last evening, you can walk right back to your room with it;). Conversely, if you purchased it during the week, they usually deliver it to your room by 6-7 that last evening as well.

We went on both our cruises last year! We had as much a variety of drinks as at the past guest party.. there was music and some dancing... we enjoyed it. Just stinks when you meet some nice people there that you could have been friends with throughout the week (as we did on both cruises) because you disembark the next darn day! :)

I found that you really have to look in the capers for it, they do keep it kinda quiet;) We had no problem going up to the bar itself to order the drinks we wanted on the last 2 cruises.

That's the biggest advantage right there, ordering yourself from the bar. Since there's so few people, you can usually get the bartender's attention in a minute or two.

The last traditional Captain's party I went to, the entire main auditorium was nearly full and the waiters were so overwhelmed, we got one drink in the hour of the party. I'll settle for this farewell party every time. It's a win-win for Carnival. Those who miss it don't know what they've missed and those who go appreciate the fact there's relatively few people there.

Carnival used to have a Captain's Celebration on formal night and they gave out free drinks much like the past guest party. It was well attended, however, they no longer give out free drinks during the Captain's Celebration... instead they moved the free drinks to the Farewell party on the last day of the cruise. But either nobody goes or nobody knows about it. It is poorly advertised (on purpose). I love the farewell party... wish it wasn't on the last night but who can pass on free drinks??! Does anyone else go to these? My group usually makes up half the attendees.

For those of you who don't know the Farewell Party is at 5pm on the last day of the cruise usually in the comedy club. They don't advertise it except for one line on the daily schedule so you have to watch for it!

WE had nothing else to do at that time on our past cruise (Magic this past March ) and we were pleasantly delightly when we found out it was free drink party...!! Great music and drinks... Hardly anyone was there. It was, like you said, a little one liner on the daily paper we get. WE will be attending them from here on out. It was great..>!

Just to sum things up...

• Free drinks - you can order anything you want. Just ask a waiter/waitress and tip a buck or two
  • Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic beverages available
  • No food - we usually grab sushi and bring it with us
  • Last night of the cruise
  • 5pm to 6pm
  • Open to ALL guests
  • Located in the lounge in the back (usually the comedy club)
  • Only advertised on the first day of the cruise
  • On the last day it will ONLY be listed on the tear-off schedule in your FunTimes and it will say Farewell Party... no mention of free drinks or music or anything

Hope that helps! Have fun!

P.S. People typically walk by and see a few people sitting in the lounge... I have to go out and tell them what's going on so they will come in. Otherwise they stand outside, look in, and leave after a few minutes. So grab some people on your way or if you see people standing outside tell them what's up. Don't let Carnival sweep this gem under the rug... I am afraid it will soon be gone just like the Captain's Celebration free drinks...........

Archived