over the door shoe bag?

tobymonster

I've heard people say that they bring one of those over the door shoes storage things on cruises for extra storage...

I'm just curious what exactly people use this for? I'm trying to decide if it is something my husband and I would want/use or not.

Thanks!

I've heard people say that they bring one of those over the door shoes storage things on cruises for extra storage...

I'm just curious what exactly people use this for? I'm trying to decide if it is something my husband and I would want/use or not.

Thanks!

all of medications (prescribed and over the counter), highlighters, brush, comb, hair clips, suntan lotion, vitamins, extra contacts, everything small we want to be able to find fast. use it every time!

But the way the S class ship's bathroom doors are configured it doesn't work. Didn't think of it at the time after I saw that it wouldn't work - but have seen a posting since that said it works on the closet doors. There is such good bathroom storage on S class didn't even miss it. Will probably pack it again and actually use it for shoes in the closet!

I , too, read about this on the CC board, and decided to try it.

I think it's well worth bringing. We separate things by row. One row

for supplies like tape, scissors, notepads, batteries. etc...another

row for bathroom supplies....another row for medications, ointments,

bendril etc......one for sun supplies, disposable ponchos etc......one row for

the daily programs, receipts, port info etc.

It really does allow you to have a ton of things in one location, with some

degree of organization........Plus, it will make your fellow cruises laugh at

how organized you are. But, sure enough, they'll be asking you to borrow

your notepad, or give you a Benedril.

We've used one on our past 2 cruises, and will bring it again this time. On X on the Equinox we used it on the bathroom door but facing in the cabin. Had no issues with this.

We use it for all sorts of things. Flashlight, tissues, razors, hair brush, ponchos, whatever you want!

My boyfriend bought a mesh one that's even lighter than bringing the plastic one, and just as easily seen through.

Don't think I'd leave home without it honestly.

But the way the S class ship's bathroom doors are configured it doesn't work. Didn't think of it at the time after I saw that it wouldn't work - but have seen a posting since that said it works on the closet doors. There is such good bathroom storage on S class didn't even miss it. Will probably pack it again and actually use it for shoes in the closet!

I've used one on the "S" class ship on 3 different cruises. I hang it on the outside of the bathroom door. It is good for anything small enough to fit in the pockets; Ponchos, travel umbrella's, note pads, sunscreen. Most of the pockets get used on misc. things and if there are any leftover I put my scandals in them.

I don't know how it would work on the "S" class closet doors since they are sliding doors.

Bottles of booze that I sneak on.

Take enough stuff as it is so I don't need to have something so I can bring more.

Always find that there is enough storage places. Never had a problem with needing more.

I read this "tip" for traveling with children years ago, and found in more cases than not, we were unable to use the over the door holder on hotel doors. We each have a hanging toilitries kit to organize many of these types of small items, so while I can see that the shoe holder would be useful, for us, this item is not useful enough to lug around.

Thanks!

I too read this tip and decided to buy one and took it on my last cruise. I managed to get it on the back of the bathroom door where it stayed for 2 days however as it was still empty after 2 days I decided to take it down and pack it away - I wont take it with me again on another trip as I dont seem to have enough "stuff" to put in it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

PKW

Archived