S1 Suite Questions

donmimi

What if any perks are given to suite passengers (Constellation) beyond the list given on the website (bathrobe, bathtub, special pillows, early embarcation, priorty tenders, yada yada) On Holland, there are numerous cocktail parties, brunches, a special dining option for breakfast etc. This is our first suite on Celebrity so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to disappoint but, any unpublished suite perks are at the discretion of the Hotel Director and vary from sailing to sailing. The higher the category of suite, the more likely you are to received discretionary perks.

I have not known of any of the things you have listed to be offered to any suite by Celebrity. Sometimes the higher suites may be offered Captain's Club Elite benefits which may include invites to the Captain's Club events and the Elite breakfast and evening cocktails but that is extremely unlikely in a Sky Suite.

On an M-class ship [such as Constellation], there is the possibility that you will be offered a complimentary meal in Ocean Liners on the first evening if bookings are lower that night. There has been some suggestion on these boards that, now all the M-class ships will have a second speciality restaurant, they may have the same speciality dining perk as on S-class ships. Celebrity's website is, should be say, ambiguous on this. If this has happened/does happen, this will be a published perks and the first night offer will, presumably, no longer happen.

Sue

Unfortunately (or maybe not), what they tell you on the website is it.

Lets be honest, a suite (S1 or S2) is just a bigger cabin. That is the real benifit and perk. Yes there is a Butler but really, my cabin stewards have been as helpful as the Butler we last had. 2 free specialty resturant meals was nice but other than that, the extra space was the biggest deal.

And you could argue you lose out -in Aquaclass you get bottled water included, in suites you do not

In Aquaclass you are also guaranteed dinner in Blu on those ships that have Blu, in suites you are not and if you do dine it is $5 per person per night

So the question is real estate vs some other amenities you might prefer or you might not

It is very much a question of personal taste (and budget!!)

We were also offered an upgrade from AQ to an S2, would love the extra space, but really enjoy Blu. I know you can eat in Blu on a space available basis, is is usually available ? Will a well oiled Maitre'D assist ?

We were also offered an upgrade from AQ to an S2, would love the extra space, but really enjoy Blu. I know you can eat in Blu on a space available basis, is is usually available ? Will a well oiled Maitre'D assist ?

There always seemed to be space when we were there. There are no set dinner times so, you may not get your exact time for dinner but you will get in.

Your Butler makes the arrangements for you, you only see the Maitre'D when you get to the door..

You cannot guarantee you will get into Blu - 3 cruises in a suite (Royal Suite, Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite) only got into Blu the third time when the ship was less full (we were in an S2 then).

A well oiled Maitre D - I assume you mean passing cash to him/her - will make no difference, if the ship is fully booked and everyone who is in Aqua have opted to eat in Blu they cannot accommodate any more in Blu, its just not big enough

I posted this earlier on new suite amenities announced today.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1689781&highlight=

As far as I can see, other than the continuing ambiguity about complimentary speciality dinning [currently being discussed on another thread], the only really "new" amenity listed is the reserved theatre seating [not of interest to us as we have never been to a show on board], iPod/iPad docking station [for M-class ships] and a different brand of toiletries.

The bedding programme was announced prior to Infinity completing her dry-dock.

The confirmation of a sparkling wine rather than the champagne that was often provided is, IMHO, a reduction in the quality of the amenity. Although the champagne was sometimes drinkable, we have had to pour the Blanc de Blanc sparkling wine down the drain on more than one ocassion.

Sue

Archived