swollen feet

casperbks

I heard about Black Cherry Juice caspules and you tell me if they work and where to purchase them... I am worried about water pills do to being on an excursion and not being close to a bathroom and DEPENDS undergarments are NOT for me....LOL ;):D

I take water pills everyday of my life. When I cruse on port days I wait till I get back on the ship. If I don't my feet will swell up so bad I can't walk. But I have heart problems also. Good luck what ever you do. I no what it is to run to the restroom every 30 min.

You don't need any pills to get rid of water retention. Water gets rid of water retained due to salt. I can easily gain 5 lbs at a restaurant since they use like 3000mg in a meal. To combat that, I drink 100 oz of water. You'll need to be hydrated in the hot sun anyway. I'd rather go to the ladies room a lot more than have swollen sore feet and tight clothes:eek:

If you are as salt sensitive as I am, choose the SPA items on the menu.

I also take Lasix but only when cruising. Water doesn't get rid of water for me as I drink about 100oz every day of my life but still swell on cruises. It's not all the salt in the food either, it's the water and the air. It's just a saltier time.

I don't take the Lasix when getting off the ship but will take one as soon as I get back. It doesn't make me run to the bathroom much more than normal but it works like a charm. I came home with 6 lbs of water weight because I forgot to take it the last two days then had a long car ride home. I took it yesterday and lost all six pounds! If I hadn't been taking it most of the week it could have been much worse (and HAS many times).

I take the Black Cherry Concentrate pills, as it helps with my water retention (I think) and arthritis, plus I have Sciatica in one leg. They work wonders.

I also wear compression socks, and take water pills. Who knows what works, but something does!

I've heard that even though the water onboard is desalinated, it can still cause problems with things such as feet swelling. I only drink bottled water onboard and try not to use too much ice and don't seem to have too much of a foot swelling problem, which I am prone to have.

Taking extra vitamin C is supposed to be a diuretic and supposedly provides a little sun protection (anecdotally, I do seem to burn less when I am taking more vit C).

However, each person's tolerance level is different, so it could potentially cause loose bowels for some (that is also a diuretic mechanism, though). You may want to see where your tolerance is before you cruise.

Also, don't do anything without speaking to a doctor if you need to or should!!

I noticed my feet swelled up soooo bad my last cruise...this is common??? What causes it????

SOME people(notice, I said SOME so all you bottled water haters, just get a grip.) are more sensitive to the desalinated water on board. I went on a cruise with a bunch of my sisters awhile back. Two of us who were rooming together both drink a lot of water, in fact, she literally had only had water to drink the whole time. We realized that we both had really swollen feet and commented on it to another sister who has more cruising experience than we do. She said it was the water. That evening, we both switched to bottled water and bingo....the swelling was gone by the next day.

Oh, and the ice is fine because the saltiness doesn't freeze.

I have a really stupid question.....I take water pills along with my insulin and synthroid. I paid very close attention to the numerous posts about having to go to the bathroom a lot after taking the water pill. My legs, especially my feet, are always swelled. Even after taking the water pills doesn't seem to help much.

I take the water pill before going to bed at night and have never had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Is it possible that I should get my water pill dose increased? I don't even know if this is possible LOL. Also, what is Lasix?? :confused:

I heard about Black Cherry Juice caspules and you tell me if they work and where to purchase them... I am worried about water pills do to being on an excursion and not being close to a bathroom and DEPENDS undergarments are NOT for me....LOL ;):D

I don't know if the Black Cherry works....but I plan on trying them. You can find them online to order them....and also at your local vitamin stores. I also noticed that GNC carry's them.

OceanDreams

I have a really stupid question.....I take water pills along with my insulin and synthroid. I paid very close attention to the numerous posts about having to go to the bathroom a lot after taking the water pill. My legs, especially my feet, are always swelled. Even after taking the water pills doesn't seem to help much.

I take the water pill before going to bed at night and have never had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Is it possible that I should get my water pill dose increased? I don't even know if this is possible LOL. Also, what is Lasix?? :confused:

Lasix is a fairly strong diuretic--what some people call "fluid pills" or "water pills"--to prevent you from retaining fluid in your body (which can lead to swelling of feet, ankles, etc.)...definitely you should talk with your doctor about your dosage...my blood pressure medication also has a diuretic in it, but I still get swollen ankles and feet--and it's definitely worse when I am cruising...of course I have other medical problems which contribute to my swelling--diabetes, obesity...good luck to both of us the next time we cruise

Just a word of warning, please check with your Dr. prior to taking any form of water pill. The opposite to retaining fluid is dehydration which I had once while on a vacation. It caused fainting, seizure, a broken collar bone from my fall, a very costly trip to the hospital, very very costly medical expenses on my return to the USA to rule all sorts of reasons for my condition only to find out I had not drunk enough water and was dehydrated.

Expensive lesson learned... drink more water!

This happens to me on the second day of every cruise I've been on the during last five years. Because both my parents have high blood pressure I eat a very low sodium diet under 1200 mg per day.

There is so much salt in the food on a cruise ships they swell but the day after I get home they are normal. This is probably pretty common on cruise ships if you are not use to consuming large amonts of salt I would think. I do drink about a gallon of water while on a cruise.

Gary

I have seen this mentioned a lot about water retention since I have been on CC. I have never had the problem and don't want it. Is the fluid retention mainly due to people who normally have a problem with fluid? I went on 2 cruises (yeah, I know) and was not on the CC boards, but now I am a little concerned about this.

I am sensitive to salt.

I used to swell a lot worse than I do now.

What I do now is drink plenty of water.

Whenever I am offered water with a meal I drink it.

And I drink a few bottles in the room too.

I avoid the soups, it's sad but the soup is way saltier than it seems.

The sauces at the Mongolian Wok is really salty too.

Next time I am going to try it sans sauce.

I have seen this mentioned a lot about water retention since I have been on CC. I have never had the problem and don't want it. Is the fluid retention mainly due to people who normally have a problem with fluid? I went on 2 cruises (yeah, I know) and was not on the CC boards, but now I am a little concerned about this.

Everybody is different. My fluid retention is mainly due to the removal of my gall bladder. (again, everyone is different) I travel a lot for work so air planes are an issue with me, so is, altitude, humidity, alcohol, and certain food with certain seasoning. I drink A LOT of water....all day, everyday. I am really looking forward to trying the Black Cherry Capsules.

OceanDreams

Archived