La Sagrada Familia Tickets

Does anyone know if I pre-purchase tickets for Sagrada and I am late for the one hour window, will they still let me in? We will be there one day pre-cruise, but I'm not sure I can pin down an exact time we can get there. I'm just wondering how flexible that one hour window is.

Just got back from Barcelona last night. I had the same problem. Pre purchased tickets for the 2 - 3 pm slot but we were unable to make it until 4:00 pm. No problem at all. I was told by the staff that as long as the ticket is for that day, the hour does not really matter. You go ahead of the hundreds of people waiting in line and there is a special window for people who pre booked on line. The Sagrada Familia's interior and the stained glass windows are magnificent. I actually spent about two hours there. There are people crawling everywhere, practically hanging from the chandeliers (that's a weak joke) so be prepared. If you can, visit the small Gaudi museum outside the basilica. We even had to wait in line to purchase some items at the gift shop, as they allow a certain amount at a time. It's that crowded. And this was the beginning of May! I can just imagine the impossible crowds during the summer months.

Just got back from Barcelona last night. I had the same problem. Pre purchased tickets for the 2 - 3 pm slot but we were unable to make it until 4:00 pm. No problem at all. I was told by the staff that as long as the ticket is for that day, the hour does not really matter. You go ahead of the hundreds of people waiting in line and there is a special window for people who pre booked on line. The Sagrada Familia's interior and the stained glass windows are magnificent. I actually spent about two hours there. There are people crawling everywhere, practically hanging from the chandeliers (that's a weak joke) so be prepared. If you can, visit the small Gaudi museum outside the basilica. We even had to wait in line to purchase some items at the gift shop, as they allow a certain amount at a time. It's that crowded. And this was the beginning of May! I can just imagine the impossible crowds during the summer months.

Thank you! Great to know!

This link doesn't seem to be working. Is there an alternate way to pre-purchase tickets?

Let's see if this one works for you... Though like a previous poster said, just go to http://www.sagradafamilia.cat (and click on your chosen language at the top) then there is a link to buy your tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/ca/mucho_mas/entradas_sagrada_familia/entradas.html

I pre booked my ticket for a trip in January and they didn't even look at the time. I found it a bit confusing where I was meant to go to jump the queue of people waiting so I just went to the front and showed my ticket to one of the many members of staff and he just lifted the barrier and took me straight to one of the booths. Definitely worth pre booking, saved loads of time.

Thank You! That one worked :) I've heard the lines can be VERY long so advanced tickets seems like the way to go!

Let's see if this one works for you... Though like a previous poster said, just go to www.sagradafamilia.cat (and click on your chosen language at the top) then there is a link to buy your tickets.

http://www.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/ca/mucho_mas/entradas_sagrada_familia/entradas.html

I pre booked my ticket for a trip in January and they didn't even look at the time. I found it a bit confusing where I was meant to go to jump the queue of people waiting so I just went to the front and showed my ticket to one of the many members of staff and he just lifted the barrier and took me straight to one of the booths. Definitely worth pre booking, saved loads of time.

I followed the link in the above post and got to the web site. It's too early for me to buy tickets but I wanted to see how much they would be. It looked like there were several categories of tickets, but I don't know Spanish. I asked my neice who does speak Spanish what these words mean and she says it doesn't look like Spanish to her. So, can anyone tell me what these words mean? I'm looking for one that would be a senior ticket price. Thanks.

Jubilats

Discapacitats

De 10 a 18 anys

Estudiants

Menors 10 anys

Carnet Jove

I followed the link in the above post and got to the web site. It's too early for me to buy tickets but I wanted to see how much they would be. It looked like there were several categories of tickets, but I don't know Spanish. I asked my neice who does speak Spanish what these words mean and she says it doesn't look like Spanish to her. So, can anyone tell me what these words mean? I'm looking for one that would be a senior ticket price. Thanks.

Jubilats

Discapacitats

De 10 a 18 anys

Estudiants

Menors 10 anys

Carnet Jove

the language spoken in Barcelona is Catalan, not Spanish. It looks like Jubilats is the senior rate, discapacitats is disabled. The others are children and student rates. Hope this helps.

the language spoken in Barcelona is Catalan, not Spanish. It looks like Jubilats is the senior rate, discapacitats is disabled. The others are children and student rates. Hope this helps.

Thank you. That helps a lot. I had no idea more than one language was spoken in Spain. Is Catalan a form of Spanish?

Jubilats

Discapacitats

De 10 a 18 anys

Estudiants

Menors 10 anys

Carnet Jove

Click on the "English" tab at the top of the website page.:)

The page was already in English. There was no language tab on the top of the page. The only words not in English were the ones I asked about in my original post.

Hmmm.....when I go to the link, there is an English tab at the top.:confused: In any case, if you need to translate in the future, here's a good website:

http://translate.google.com/

Just click on which languages you want translated from/to and enter the text to be translated. For example, here's the translation for Carnet Jove:

http://translate.google.com/#ca|en|Carnet%20Jove

I too am getting an error when I try to finalize my ticket purchase on the website. I tried emailing them. If anyone is successful in booking in advance do shout!

Hmmm, that is odd. I purchased my tickets a couple of days ago without any problems.

I too am getting an error when I try to finalize my ticket purchase on the website. I tried emailing them. If anyone is successful in booking in advance do shout!

I had no problem either....but I make a point of not using AOL for certain types of transactions.....

I use Internet Explorer when I want to make sure I can get thru and they can get back to me

Archived