Vacumn bags

Hi

I have those bags both kinds. One you squeeze and the ones you vacumn. Does any one know if they use the regular vacumns.

I know once I was at a hotel and the vacumns they had did not have the hose that sucks out the air.

thanks

Mary

I don't know if the vacuum cleaners have the reverse function to compress your packing bags. Can you roll the air out of them before you close them? I do that with Zip Lock bags.

HAL uses a type oof vacuum cleaner called "Henry" -- I think the company may have been taken over by another company.

I don't see anything on it where they can reverse to suck out the air.

Also you would probably not be able to borrow one of the machines while you packed as the cabin stewards have at least 30 cabins to clean as well as hallways.

thumbnail.aspx?q=4847240509916377&id=d622fd8ae5d347d6217a564a33522649&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.machines4cleaning.co.uk%2fimages%2fproducts%2fproductdetail%2fweb-photos-1053.jpg

Stick with the roll out kind.

Vacuum might not be available when you need it. Customs might make you open them - then you really won't have a vacuum...

(In Israel, I saw a guy have to open his bag & stuff was removed - I was worried beyond compare because I used a vacuum bag & did not have room if I would not be able to re-seal them... Luckily I did not have to have my bags searched.)

Why would you need to reverse a vacuum to suck out air? Vacuum cleaners suck up air by design.

In any case, the passive bags work very well. I fill them up, then do a belly flop on them. Great fun.

I was thinking the exact same thing...vacuums suck they don't blow. LOLOL

We use the super size Hefty Zip Lock bags. Just fill them and then sit on them and all the air goes out. Zip them up and they are flat as a pancake. Nothing wrinkles either We store them in our luggage, ready for another cruise or vacation. Great way to pack and no vacuum needed.

I also use those large ones for bermudas and larger items. They are great.

I do the same thing -- all the various bags are stored back into the suitcases until the next cruise and then of course they all go into the attic.

Thank you

I have my sweatshirt, and winter jacket wich I can tak out lining.

I know last year I only needed the lining twice. In Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier. the sweat shirt I wore a few times. I did buy a light feece sweater in Ketchikan I wore almost every day.

you will not need more than one coat and sweatshirt. I know I have to much with what I have.

Mary

Thank you

I have my sweatshirt' date=' and winter jacket wich I can tak out lining.

I know last year I only needed the lining twice. In Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier. the sweat shirt I wore a few times. I did buy a light feece sweater in Ketchikan I wore almost every day.

you will not need more than one coat and sweatshirt. I know I have to much with what I have.

Mary[/quote']

We have Gortex jackets with the zippered linings - the inner part is fleece.

Never have had to need anything extra for Alaska.

Archived