A Glimpse of the Riviera

JimandStan

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm of the opinion that I post so much about my cruises here on the Oceania Board, that to write a separate review would be redundant.

071840.jpg

I'll be happy to post more photographs, though...:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'm of the opinion that I post so much about my cruises here on the Oceania Board, that to write a separate review would be redundant.

071840.jpg

I'll be happy to post more photographs, though...:rolleyes:

Jim and Stan,

I am sure that for those of us that have not sailed Oceania a review of your cruise on Riveira would not be redundant, as you put it. Please reconsider and write one for us. Also more photos would be great.

Thanks very much.

Jim and Stan,

I am sure that for those of us that have not sailed Oceania a review of your cruise on Riveira would not be redundant, as you put it. Please reconsider and write one for us. Also more photos would be great.

Thanks very much.

I agree. I am considering, and tentatively booked on, a cruise on the Riviera in the fall of '13. This is after decades on Holland America.

I have recently started reading threads on this forum, in an attempt to learn about the line, this ship in particular, and the culture of Oceania. But, I have not gone into older threads.

I have enjoyed seeing pictures posted, including some (I believe) you did, J&S. I have also noted your comments on various threads, and have figured out you are the "go to" guys when it comes to just the kind of info I am looking for.

I would like to encourage you to write a post-Inaugura Riviera review. I know I would get a lot out of it.

See! You have a fan club you didn't even know about!

JimandStan, Are the two rear facing Oceania Suites on the Riviera larger than the ones on deck 12. We were in 12015 and are thinking of booking a cruise for next summer and are interested in the deck 11 suites. Are they just the same as the others?

JimandStan, Are the two rear facing Oceania Suites on the Riviera larger than the ones on deck 12. We were in 12015 and are thinking of booking a cruise for next summer and are interested in the deck 11 suites. Are they just the same as the others?

The interior of the deck 11 Oceania Suites are smaller than the deck 12 Suites, but their verandas are 5 or 6 times as large.

092807.jpg092821.jpg

092853.jpg

The question is -- how much smaller? We're in 11080 (on Marina) for the Nov 2013 BCN-Rio TA. And this cruise has been selling well so I doubt we could change now if we wanted to ... But it's still early, so who knows?

Now I like a large veranda but I also like more room in the cabin! How does the interior space in the aft deck 11 OCs compare, for example, to the standard PH? (And we got awfully spoiled lucking out with a VS on Marina last fall.)

I know we'll be happy wherever we are ... looking at the wake is very appealing to me!

Mura

The question is -- how much smaller? We're in 11080 (on Marina) for the Nov 2013 BCN-Rio TA. And this cruise has been selling well so I doubt we could change now if we wanted to ... But it's still early, so who knows?

Now I like a large veranda but I also like more room in the cabin! How does the interior space in the aft deck 11 OCs compare, for example, to the standard PH? (And we got awfully spoiled lucking out with a VS on Marina last fall.)

I know we'll be happy wherever we are ... looking at the wake is very appealing to me!

Mura

Compared to any penthouse, the Oceania Suites are HUGE, much more like an apartment than a cabin on a cruise ship:

101330.jpg092435.jpg092445.jpg092924.jpg

Thanks! I am now content and we will stay where we are.

In one way this is appropriate ... in our VS we were at the very front of the ship and next year we'll be at the very back! But at least we won't have the long hike to the dining venues we had from the Vista.

Mura

JimandStan, thanks for the information on the deck 11 Oceania Suites. We just booked 12015 again for next summer. We like the large interior space. The balcony was just fine for us and this cruise is again port intensive with only one sea day, so not much balcony time. We are Regent customers, and this suite is much, much nicer than any we have seen or been in on the Voyager including the master suite. "O" is starting to win us over.

JimandStan, thanks for the information on the deck 11 Oceania Suites. We just booked 12015 again for next summer. We like the large interior space. The balcony was just fine for us and this cruise is again port intensive with only one sea day, so not much balcony time. We are Regent customers, and this suite is much, much nicer than any we have seen or been in on the Voyager including the master suite. "O" is starting to win us over.

One other difference between the Deck 12 Oceania Suites and the ones aft on Deck 11 is that the aft suites have large windows which allow natural light into their bathrooms.

092600.jpgOn deck 12, the Oceania Suite bathrooms have no natural light.

• 2 months later...
We are cruising next July on the Riviera and are pondering upgrading to the Oceania suite, but would love some help choosing which location - 12th deck, 11? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

It all depends on what floats your boat, as both locations have their compensations.

084727.jpg

The Deck 12 Suites are slightly larger, more convenient to the pool deck, and

you can practically fall into The Culinary Center or the Artist's Loft; but the views from the side of the ship are the same as everyone else will have.

070851.jpg

Those two portholes, five decks above the name of the ship are in the Captains cabin, the Deck 12 Oceania Suites, are on the deck above that.

124004.jpg

The Deck 11 Suites are more out of the way, and a longer walk to the elevator, but you get those AMAZING wake views

112407.jpg

Archived