$50.00 for in room coffee maker?

She tells me to get up, go get her two cups of coffee and return.

She does not have to pack extra stuff, has no labor involved, never tips me and if the mood strikes her, can demand I go get her a third cup.

Best plan yet!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

What she doesn't tell you is she most likely makes you go get it so she can have a bit of peace and quiet while she is getting ready.... ;)

oops... maybe that is just me :p

My problem is I want my coffee when I wake up. I'm really gross when I wake up....I don't want to leave my cabin or have anyone from room service have to see me until I'm showered. I JUST WANT MY COFFEE!!!!!!!

OK...

Well, you now know the options - room service will come to you, Café Promenade and other venues await you. As mema says, quite simple. :)

Enjoy Explorer, she is magnificent.

My problem is I want my coffee when I wake up. I'm really gross when I wake up....I don't want to leave my cabin or have anyone from room service have to see me until I'm showered. I JUST WANT MY COFFEE!!!!!!!

I understand! I am the same way. I don't care if people see me not showered ... I just don't like people until I am on my second cup. By cup 3 I love everyone and am ready to be my normal chipper self the rest of the day.

Something you can try to bring is a 1 cup coffee maker. Maybe they won't notice it as they are really small. If you put it with your bathroom gear they might just think its another mysterious female bathroom object lol

http://www.amazon.com/Toastess-TFC-326-Personal-Size-1-Cup-Coffeemaker/dp/B000FQX150/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_52

I am not making any promises this won't get you called to the naughty room to have your bag checked. I do think these are a bit safer then a regular coffee pot. They have the coffee pots in the suites so it can't be a fire hazard concern.

If you get one of these and they take it then you can try plan B and beg your room attendant to see if he can steal one for you lol

I see nothing wrong with asking. Just don't count on the answer being YES.

If it´s that important to you to have your own coffee maker in the room and can´t live with the options of room service or getting it yourself, I´d suggest you need to book a cabin that comes with a coffee pot, like Suites on RCI or other cruise lines that rpovide them in the room.

I understand! I am the same way. I don't care if people see me not showered ... I just don't like people until I am on my second cup. By cup 3 I love everyone and am ready to be my normal chipper self the rest of the day.

Something you can try to bring is a 1 cup coffee maker. Maybe they won't notice it as they are really small. If you put it with your bathroom gear they might just think its another mysterious female bathroom object lol

http://www.amazon.com/Toastess-TFC-326-Personal-Size-1-Cup-Coffeemaker/dp/B000FQX150/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_52

I am not making any promises this won't get you called to the naughty room to have your bag checked. I do think these are a bit safer then a regular coffee pot. They have the coffee pots in the suites so it can't be a fire hazard concern.

If you get one of these and they take it then you can try plan B and beg your room attendant to see if he can steal one for you lol

I see nothing wrong with asking. Just don't count on the answer being YES.

The highlighted in red is just wrong. Coffee pots are a fire hazard. The fact they are provided in suite does not say anything about them not being a hazard. The ones they provide can be controlled and checked by them, which can´t be done with the ones you bring.

We have the same rules at my employer. We are not allowed to bring any electric stuff for use, even though they may provide the same thing somewhere else in the building. The reason is the above stated. All of the devices have to be registered and checked on a regular basis.

As for the small coffee maker being safer - why should that be. It´s as much a risk as a bigger one.

To the OP, please don´t risk the safety of your fellow travellers by bringing your own.

If it´s that important to you to have your own coffee maker in the room and can´t live with the options of room service or getting it yourself, I´d suggest you need to book a cabin that comes with a coffee pot, like Suites on RCI or other cruise lines that rpovide them in the room.

The highlighted in red is just wrong. Coffee pots are a fire hazard. The fact they are provided in suite does not say anything about them not being a hazard. The ones they provide can be controlled and checked by them, which can´t be done with the ones you bring.

We have the same rules at my employer. We are not allowed to bring any electric stuff for use, even though they may provide the same thing somewhere else in the building. The reason is the above stated. All of the devices have to be registered and checked on a regular basis.

As for the small coffee maker being safer - why should that be. It´s as much a risk as a bigger one.

To the OP, please don´t risk the safety of your fellow travellers by bringing your own.

Anything with a plug is a fire hazard... hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons, battery chargers, laptops... if it has a plug it generates heat and can cause a fire or worse have a short and start an electrical fire. Smoking on the balcony is a huge fire hazard but it is allowed as is having a lighter to light those smokes. If you are that concerned about fire hazards you should take your own advice about cruising ;)

That little 1 cup pot doesn't draw near the current (or heat) my hair dryer or flat iron does ;)

I will not be attempting to bring a coffee pot with me as we are in a suite.

State room attendants are just as capable of checking coffee pots as suite attendants. This is not a valid reason for not supplying coffee pots in the regular staterooms. The room attendants are in your room at last twice a day.

I'm also pretty sure the coffee pots RCI provides have auto shut offs so after 2 hours they turn off automatically which makes them not a fire hazard.

Anyway, the choices are simple, room service, book a JS or higher or walk to where there is coffee.

I am just laughing now. We have a deal. I will order room service coffee for DH then after his coffee, he will go get me a latte (or 2). It is a fair trade off HAHA.

Also, we are in GS so the lattes are in CL and won't be a charge nor that far to schlep :D Winning!

Archived