Princess Newbie

Hi! I'm booked on Star Princess for an Alaskan Cruise 2013.

First just let me say...... YAY!

Our Cabin is on the Aloha very near the Terrace Pool. Hope this is a good location.

Anyone have anything they would like to share with me about being a Princess Newbie please feel free.

Looking forward to experiencing Princess!;)

Mel

I hope you have a great time. The Star Princess on her Alaskan itinerary was my first Princess cruise 9 years ago. It was a great cruise, one of the best to date. I hope you have an enjoyable time.

Good luck to you and enjoy your cruise.

If you have some more specific questions I'm sure people would be more than happy to help. Princess offers a really nice cruise experience. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Aww... Thanks! I am just getting started with this so I'm sure I'll be asking some more specific ?'s soon. Right now I'm just wondering about the cabin location.

Mel

Right now I'm just wondering about the cabin location.

It is a good location for access to the Terrace pool and one flight up to the buffet area.

If you are in the traditional dining room, the elevators nearest your cabin will go to that floor (two of the four elevators in that elevator bank will do that).

Yes, it is a long walk from the front of the ship, but no matter where you have a cabin, you will spend about the same amount of steps overall walking in one direction or another.

If you give the exact cabin number, more information can be given. Depending on which cabin it is, you might be under the deck area and hear some noise in the morning when deck furniture is put out or you might be under the buffet kitchen area and hear some noise or you might be in a location where you will hear no noise from above.

It is a good location for access to the Terrace pool and one flight up to the buffet area.

If you are in the traditional dining room, the elevators nearest your cabin will go to that floor (two of the four elevators in that elevator bank will do that).

Yes, it is a long walk from the front of the ship, but no matter where you have a cabin, you will spend about the same amount of steps overall walking in one direction or another.

If you give the exact cabin number, more information can be given. Depending on which cabin it is, you might be under the deck area and hear some noise in the morning when deck furniture is put out or you might be under the buffet kitchen area and hear some noise or you might be in a location where you will hear no noise from above.

If its near the Terrace pool, that's a great location and you'll be beneath the carpeted buffet, not open deck. You might hear some noise from the buffet.

Last year, I deliberately booked this location on a cruise I have since canceled and wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

As said, no matter where you're on the ship, there will be a lot of walking.

And, because of all that walking, you can have TWO desserts after dinner, instead of one!!! :D:D:D

I agree....my personal rule for cruising is that I can eat as many desserts as I want, but I have to take the stairs instead of the lift during the entire cruise.:)

Aww... Thanks! I am just getting started with this so I'm sure I'll be asking some more specific ?'s soon. Right now I'm just wondering about the cabin location.

Mel

That's a great location. I have a similar location booked on an upcoming cruise and have had one in the past. I love the access to the Terrace Pool, bar and the back entrance to the Horizon Court. Everything is so handy.

I agree....my personal rule for cruising is that I can eat as many desserts as I want, but I have to take the stairs instead of the lift during the entire cruise.:)

One benefit of eating at the buffet is that you can eat desserts first. Might be able to do that in the dining room, just ask your waitstaff.

Hi! I'm booked on Star Princess for an Alaskan Cruise 2013.

First just let me say...... YAY!

Our Cabin is on the Aloha very near the Terrace Pool. Hope this is a good location.

Anyone have anything they would like to share with me about being a Princess Newbie please feel free.

Looking forward to experiencing Princess!;)

Mel

Bring a nite light.;)

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

There is a thread "Princess secrets they don't tell you" that has a lot of info in it. I loved reading it as I was so excited about our cruise and just wanted to read anything about cruising. Beware it is LONG and has been active for quite awhile. You might want to start at the end and work backwards. You will love Alaska. Been there on a cruise and spent the summer there in a motorhome. It is so big and diversified, one of my favorite places. Hope you can do a land tour.

Archived