Sun Princess ..... World Cruise 2012

Thanks Lizzy we are looking forward to it. Will be in Paris for my 40th Birthday.

Am one lucky Girl with a beautiful Mum.

You sure are.....I will be following along by webcam...so jealous I know you both will have a fabulous time...remember Betty you only have two arms...no more watches LOL.

Sue

Was there at the cruise terminal to see my brother and his wife off on their cruise of a life time.

Such a beautiful day and wharf full of happy excited passengers - who wouldn't be.

Happy cruising to all onboard :)

they arrive in darwin today.... a welcome relief after 6 days at sea.... what made you feel sad was that you have to start crossing off the port list.... 32 deg they said on tv today

We had no problem at all taking wine on at every port on our NZ cruise on SUN Princess in February. In fact, towards the end of the cruise, people were bringing on beer so I was told. SEA Princess the same. It seems that only the DAWN Princess was being strict with the alcohol policy. I don't know if it has changed now. :rolleyes:

We have good friends on this cruise - Nicki and Nigel (K-Roo-Zers). We have just returned from our 33 nights on the Ruby Princess ending in Europe.

Nicki and Nigel were on the Sea Princess doing the Cherry Blossom cruise during this time and sent us an email telling us that they had booked the world cruise whilst onboard! They just had time to come home and repack for the world cruise..... you can imagine how jealous we were.... so if you are reading this Nicki and Nigel, have a great time and we are still jealous!

We have good friends on this cruise - Nicki and Nigel (K-Roo-Zers). We have just returned from our 33 nights on the Ruby Princess ending in Europe.

Nicki and Nigel were on the Sea Princess doing the Cherry Blossom cruise during this time and sent us an email telling us that they had booked the world cruise whilst onboard! They just had time to come home and repack for the world cruise..... you can imagine how jealous we were.... so if you are reading this Nicki and Nigel' date=' have a great time and we are still jealous![/quote']

Oh wow, I bet it was a rush for them to get everything organised! Visas in particular. What a great year of travelling they will have.

I believe they are just crawlers. We go to Singapore today. Never been so should be great. Tell everyone Hi on CC and FB since internet is sooooooo slow and expensive.

(((HUGS)))

Janet

I recieved this messgae from Janet this morning, so as requested here is her "g'day" to you all, she has previously told me they are having a "blast", thats great news, and what else would you expect hey ??:)

Steve is a very regular blogger and I am enjoying reading his posts very much, he is informative and also very funny. I really look forward to meeting this larger than life character. The CC luncheon was very well attended ..this is the most remarkable way to "meet" people before we travel and certainly helps make the experience just a whole lot more fun !

Sure is quiet on here now, where are you all hiding, there must be a few of you left here ??? Lots of you boarding along the way.........:confused:

Well, thats all for now, Cheers and happy days to you all, Kris :D

I know two of the couples onboard and am enjoying "cruising" along with them...Hi Nicki and Nigel and Nikkie and Betty ($penders & N & N). I lie...really I am weeping into my cornflakes...I want to be onboard! A world cruise is definately on the bucket list and these two couples got a great deal by booking late..but I want a different ship. Six weeks on the Dawn Princess convinced me its not the ship or its sister ship for me.

Sue

I know two of the couples onboard and am enjoying "cruising" along with them...Hi Nicki and Nigel and Nikkie and Betty ($penders & N & N). I lie...really I am weeping into my cornflakes...I want to be onboard! A world cruise is definately on the bucket list and these two couples got a great deal by booking late..but I want a different ship. Six weeks on the Dawn Princess convinced me its not the ship or its sister ship for me.

Sue

Oh... I don't know, I think I would suffer the Dawn as I'm a martyr! :D

Oh... I don't know' date=' I think I would suffer the Dawn as I'm a martyr! :D[/quote']

Laughing...its not as bad a martyrdom...but a third of the passengers would need to drop off their twig before that ship is comfortable. If I am going to spend that amount of money again I want a nicer, more comfortable floating home. One thing it has it its favour is the mini suites are fabulous..like a full suite on the more modern ships.

Sue

Laughing...its not as bad a martyrdom...but a third of the passengers would need to drop off their twig before that ship is comfortable. If I am going to spend that amount of money again I want a nicer, more comfortable floating home. One thing it has it its favour is the mini suites are fabulous..like a full suite on the more modern ships.

Sue

Oh yes, I too love the sun class mini suites.... now I COULD do a world cruise in one of them and not have to feel like a martyr!

Arrived in Penang today....

29penang.jpg

29penang3.jpg

29penang4.jpg

29penang2.jpg

Traveled distance since Sydney: 4,695.40 nm (8,695.87 km)

David these posts are great, and will be wonderful for the WC ers to reflect on when this adventure is all over ! Are you joining this cruise, or on it ?? :D Cheers, Kris

Are you joining this cruise, or on it ?? :D Cheers, Kris

HA HA.... Just following the adventure courtesy of the web.

Geography and web cams from Ships bridges and from port cams is a hobby of mine . It also helps quell my cruising mania until I am hopefully fit enough to travel again.:rolleyes:

31map.jpg

Current position of M/S Sun Princess: Under way from Penang to Mumbai

Arrival will be in 3 d 5 hrs 37 min. (at 08:00 h local time)

Remaining distance to Mumbai: 1,484.30 nm (2,748.93 km)

Traveled distance since Sydney: 5,404.10 nm (10,008.39 km)

HA HA.... Just following the adventure courtesy of the web.

Geography and web cams from Ships bridges and from port cams is a hobby of mine . It also helps quell my cruising mania until I am hopefully fit enough to travel again.:rolleyes:

How are you coming along David?.... has the extreme tiredness left yet?.... I hope you get to cruise again soon!

Archived