Sun Princess ..... World Cruise 2012

We loved Istanbul... our guide... Kagan who I think is their guide today was great.... he had a special pass that got us into everything without waiting...

told us if we saw an old building and he didn't talk about it ... it is because it is 500 years old or less.... Ta... new...LOL

next year I am hoping that we will do a cruise up the bosphorous in the morning an hit the Grand Bazaar in the afternoon.... after reading Nikki's facebook, Betty might not leave anything for us after today LOL

joanne

they have 2 services... one at dawn then another around 11 am.... this one is the main one with the choir, speeches and the throwing of the wreath into the water... very emotional...

Sun Princess just arriving in greece.... still dark.. can't believe they are only there till 2pm... doesn't leave much time to get into the city and back... especially if you want to visit anything... hopefully those going to the acropolis will be there when the doors open...

joanne

didn't realise until the other day that you can register a ship on the maritime traffic site... then you get an email of impending movement like sailing in and out... hence why I didn't miss this sail in LOL

dave you there.... do you have the address of the webcam in the building opposite the port

I dont think that one works anymore. Geoff from Krooz cams helped set it up from a private apartment/office several years ago but I havent seen it on line for ages.

It was a good one.

If anyone does find it please let us all know.

Meantime there is this one..not sure what you see though

http://www.pireas.gr/

Archived