Sun Princess ..... World Cruise 2012

Hello all from Chicago have much of a chance to get on here.... I will need to catch up when I get home..... Thanks to Nikki's face book I am keeping track where they are

Current position of Sun Princess: Salalah/Oman

Leaving 1pm local time for Safaga/Egypt ...

(for Luxor and The Valley of the Kings.)

About to enter Pirate Alley:eek::eek:

Traveled distance since Sydney: 9,011.49 nm (16,689.27 km)

I checked out all the blogs that were supposed to be following this cruise but it has been a bit disappointing that there are only 2 who are keeping up with the cruise. I have been really enjoying Steve and Donnas blog anyway;)

They still have another day of cruising the Red Sea till they get to Safaga.

I was interested to read Steve and Donnas blog about Safaga.

Sounds like the place is just one big sea of tourists.

The port lecture today was about our next stop, Safaga. I have never seen the Princess Theatre so full. There was not an empty seat available. People were sitting in the aisles, and standing 10 deep at the back of the theatre. Clearly this next port is on everyone's bucket list. The Valley of the Kings is about a 3 and a half hour drive from the port. There are about 1900 passengers on board, and from what I can gather the vast majority are making the trek out to visit this historic site. I read yesterday that about 5,000 people a day, on average, visit The Valley of the Kings. This balloons out to about 9,000 people a day when there are cruise ships like ours docked in Safaga, combined with river cruise boats on the Nile at Luxor.

I checked out all the blogs that were supposed to be following this cruise but it has been a bit disappointing that there are only 2 who are keeping up with the cruise. I have been really enjoying Steve and Donnas blog anyway;)

Our adventure has not begun yet, we are not doing the world cruise. Thats why our blog is not going anywhere just yet...;)

Oh how I wish I was doing that itinerary again. Mind you I'd hate to think what the temperature is, as it was well into the high 30's early 40's when we were there. Loving your webcam pics David. We loved it all and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have you got the link to any of the blogs please?

Jilly:)

From Joanne's post with the blog links.

Some have fallen behind but Steve and Donnas is pretty much up to date.

From Joanne's post with the blog links.

Some have fallen behind but Steve and Donnas is pretty much up to date.

Great, thanks David. Just reading Donna's last post, I understand completely what she is saying about the driving in Egypt. It really is horrendous. I've never felt so 'on the edge' in a vehicle in my life than when we were in Egypt, and India for that matter. However, after a couple of hours on the road you kind of get used as somehow each vehicle seems to know what the other is doing, or going to do.... lol.

Jilly:)

about the driving in Egypt. It really is horrendous. I've never felt so 'on the edge' in a vehicle in my life than when we were in Egypt, and India for that matter. Jilly:)

We had 3 days on the road in India on a Princess Overland tour .....I know exactly what you mean. :eek:

One time I visited the Pyramids it was 46C in 2005. I didn't mind it too much, but the poor ole brits really suffered in our group.

It was much cooler in December when I visited again last year. Around about 28C.

Archived