Kings Court, early morning choices?

maina

Could someone please tell me what's available in the early morning for breakfast in King's Court on Queen Mary 2? I gather it's continental (e.g., hot drinks, juice, pastries), but are there other kinds of non-cooked items? Does regular (hot, cooked) breakfast service in the King's Court start at the usual time on arrival days, or does it possibly start earlier? We plan to do self disembarkation as early as we can in Southampton, as we hope to catch a train. Therefore, we hope to be able to grab something quick (possibly portable?) so we can make a quick departure but not leave hungry.

Could someone please tell me what's available in the early morning for breakfast in King's Court on Queen Mary 2? I gather it's continental (e.g., hot drinks, juice, pastries), but are there other kinds of non-cooked items? Does regular (hot, cooked) breakfast service in the King's Court start at the usual time on arrival days, or does it possibly start earlier? We plan to do self disembarkation as early as we can in Southampton, as we hope to catch a train. Therefore, we hope to be able to grab something quick (possibly portable?) so we can make a quick departure but not leave hungry.

Well, when we disembarked, we found you could get a complete breakfast in KingsCourt. It will be pretty crowded, however. If you do the Grills(which we did a few times) you get to eat there. If leaving quite early then the KingsCourt is your best option.

I think they open the buffet up at 6 or so for full breakfast on disembarkation day but otherwise should be plenty available if no hot dishes - cereal, rolls, pastries, fruit, milk, yoghurt, etc.

For my Westbound TA last August breakfast was served 5.30 to 9.00 in Kings Court and 6.00 to 7.30 in the restaurants on arrival in New York. Unfortunately nothing "portable" will be allowed to be taken ashore. For those doing express walk off, the instructions were to assemble in the Queens Room by 6.45 and await your group to be called commencing at 7.00 but a general announcement was made not long after 6.30 to proceed directly to the gangway. Hopefully it will be a similar experience for you in Southampton.

Unfortunately nothing "portable" will be allowed to be taken ashore. /QUOTE]

No problem in Southampton though. You can assemble a nice lunch from the breakfast menu if you remember to pack a few clean sealable freezer bags.

David.

We disembarked in NY last Saturday. Kings Court breakfast started at 5:30. No room service available that day. Since we were leaving the ship later (supposed to be 10:20 but it was delayed and we left at 10:45) we got to the buffet about 8:00 and there was no crowd at all. By then the self-disembark folks had all left, they called them at 7:00.

Thanks to all for your very helpful replies. Assuming all goes on schedule with the arrival time in Southampton, it looks as though we could realistically expect to catch a 9:15 train in a well-fed state. We're hoping to be up early enough to see at last part of "procession" of the 3 Cunard Queens into the harbor. We had no idea when we chose this voyage that this would be happening, and it just adds to the excitement for our first transatlantic crossing and first cruise ever.

Archived