Venice - Arrival to Dock. Enough Time?

WKCNYC

My friend and I will be arriving at Venice Marco Polo Airport on Saturday, May 19th at 12:50PM on a British Airways flight. We have a water taxi scheduled at 1:45PM. Is there enough time to clear immigration/customs and pick up our luggage then make it to the dock? I have been told there is a large festival in Venice that weekend and I am not sure how busy the airport will be on that day. If this is too tight, I will reschedule.

If the water taxi firm know they are meeting a flight, and have been given your flight details, they can most likely advise a realistic time to meet you, and adjust if the flight is late.

I think that too. Everybody booking a water taxi in advance from the airport will have the same potential problems which the taxi companies will be familiar with

What time do you need to be on board your ship?

When we landed at the airport they said our luggage was missing! :mad: But after 3 hours of waiting in the Lost Luggage line and completing the paperwork, they found our bags in a back room!! :mad:

If you have any delays, you can always take a land taxi from the airport to the pier in 20 minutes.

My friend and I will be arriving at Venice Marco Polo Airport on Saturday, May 19th at 12:50PM on a British Airways flight. We have a water taxi scheduled at 1:45PM. Is there enough time to clear immigration/customs and pick up our luggage then make it to the dock? I have been told there is a large festival in Venice that weekend and I am not sure how busy the airport will be on that day. If this is too tight, I will reschedule.

A regular (land) taxi is faster and considerably less expensive.

Thanks to everyone who responded. My apologies for leaving out a few details. We are arriving a day early and the taxi is taking us to our hotel. It's on the Giudecca so a land taxi is not possible.

The water taxi company does have our flight details. We were given a worse case scenario of waiting over an hour for the next shuttle if we missed our scheduled one. The agent that is handling the booking received a response from the company that the time we have booked is very doable.

Archived