2 GS cheaper than RFS

I just got off the phone with RCCL to get pricing for the RFS on Explorer of the Seas for Jan 2014. Since we are 7 people I though the RFS might be cheaper than two other suites.

I don't get how RCCL can sell the RFS when I can get 2 GS for $2000 less.

Does it make sense to anyone else?

Given that scenario go with GS - they are much nicer than RFS. :D The RFS tend to get cheaper closer to the cruise if they can't sell them - they can be "real deals" at that point.

I'm confused. Your title indicates that two GS's cost MORE than an RFS. The body of you post states the opposite. So which is higher than which?

I can see the RFS being more initially, if there is a family with a number of kids and the parents want everyone in the same cabin, they will probably be willing to pay the premium. If not look for big price drops closer to departure.

Eric

Guess part of it depends on how much time everyone wants to spend in the cabin. The RFS has a dining table and huge balcony so everyone can hang together. Also, only one person would have to sleep on the dreaded sofabed as opposed to three in the two GS's.

With the oldest of 3 children being 6 at the time of sailing, thankfully we won't need the pull out couch.

As much as I would just like to book two GS, not sure I can justify the cost with the three kids.

I bokked the RFS on Voyager for my family of 5 and it was a good price and if I did 2 GS on that sailing instead-it would of cost way more.

The room was great and would do it again.

Actually-booked the 2 bedroom on Brilliance! Hoping those rooms on a Radiance class are just as nice.

Archived