How do you disguish your suitcase from everybody else's??

Sometimes no matter what you do, some ninny walks away with your luggage.

I read on another site, years ago, that one fellow had wrapped bright yellow "crime scene" ribbons around his luggage.

Now I have NEVER seen that. And thought it was quite clever.

Well, someone walked off with one of his bags.

People are amazing.

celtic

I bought a new set for my cruise in Nov. 03 and since I am a nut for anything with palm trees when I found a complete set with Palm trees all over it - couldnt resist. Coming into Houston last September from 1 week in Mazatlan there was a virtual sea of suitcases in customs. We spotted them from a mile away and my husbands new black set was right alongside. Only set like them in hundreds and hundreds of suitcases. :D

Hi - We bought a palm tree set also. We got it at Value City in Ky for $20.00 each. The smaller one (take on) on rollers was only $10.00. We call them our throw away luggage. You are correct, you can spot them a good distance away.

this is what i've done in the past:

wait to be one of the last ones on the ship, or at least the last of my color tag, that way the sea of luggage is now just a pond, luckily a puddle.

and just in case i was in a rush to get off the ship, never was bc i only call my ride to pick me up when i am leaving breakfast before heading to the immigration line, i already had all sorts of diff colored ribbon tied to the handles. everyone else only chooses one color. since my luggage is shared among my fam, someone ties on their favorite color, so its just a rainbow!

i've been lucky enough to not have to SEARCH for any of my luggage. i just come into the warehouse, or whatever you call it, and there it is! RCCL has made it easy in Galveston by sorting the luggage out by tag color.

when we cruised Horizon a few years back. The gentleman went through all the trouble to have a distinguishing ribbon, etc on his, but still took ours:mad: !!! PS..since he was on his way to the airport on a transfer, they sent his correct luggage to him, while we had to wait a week for ours to be UPS'd back to us.:(

My wife and I made up bandanas for our M&M group and we had a few left over so we tied those to our luggage handles. Made it very easy to spot in the customs terminal.

I bought a new set for my cruise in Nov. 03 and since I am a nut for anything with palm trees when I found a complete set with Palm trees all over it - couldnt resist. Coming into Houston last September from 1 week in Mazatlan there was a virtual sea of suitcases in customs. We spotted them from a mile away and my husbands new black set was right alongside. Only set like them in hundreds and hundreds of suitcases. :D

Unless you fly out of Florida.:D

I bought a set of six yellow luggage straps on Ebay. They are 1-1/2" nylon web material with heavy plastic clasps. Then we wrote our last name in big block letter on the straps. I could spot them very easily at the airport and the luggage room at the pier. They also snug tightly to help reinforce against opening accidentally.

Fluorescent orange duct tape around the handles on both the long and short side. Cover with clear package tape to keep it from unraveling. I can spot our luggage from across the warehouse in that sea of black.

Even so, have to watch for those that will make a grab for our suitcase on the airport conveyor. I guess they forgot they didn't wrap fluorescent tape around their handles?

The "Today's Special Value" on QVC today is a set of luggage - one of the colors offered is lime green - don't need new luggage right now, but I'll bet that would stand out in a crowd! Other colors are red, blue and purple.

Carol-

I'm not the one with the leopard pring luggage but I've recently seen it at TJ Mazxx - in all different sizes and in 2 different leopard prints. How this helps.

We didn't do anything and ended up with someone else's bag. We had wondered why everything didn't fit in the car as well on the way home:eek: We do blame it on an over zealous porter. We contacted the owner and shipped them the bag. I assume they got it. We never heard anything.

Sher

I put bright blue duck tape on my handles. i can spot it 100 ft away. It worked great..davem

DH bought a new set of luggage yesterday. He purposely bought a red set so that it will be easier to set apart from everyone else's black suitcase. However, now I realize that everyone is buying red ones, so it defeats the purpose.

My set has a stripped coffee pattern, and I love the fact that you can spotted it for far away.

Archived