Shareholder benefit continued for 2012/2013

capnpugwash

I have used the fax number as mentioned by Capnpugwash, successfully in the past but it is frustrating as i never get confirmation.

I applied for Nov 27 voyage on Sept 14th and for Dec 20th voyage on Sept 26th and still it is not showing according to my TA.

i found this information on the new Voyage Personalizer on bottom of log on page

Shareholder Benefit Information The benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 Carnival shares. Please apply for shareholder benefit after your cruise balance has been paid but no later than two weeks prior to departure date. The benefit is currently valid for cruise departures up to and including December 22 2013. Please provide proof of ownership of a minimum of 100 Carnival shares together with your booking reference. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied cabin/stateroom.

We are unable to grant shareholder benefit once onboard. Certain restrictions apply.

Please contact Tel: 800 872 6779 Ext. 30317 or email: shareholderbenefit at cunard.com

I think i will email them to ask as to the actual best way to apply as this forum has conflicting:confused: information. I will report back:)

I have used the fax number as mentioned by Capnpugwash, successfully in the past but it is frustrating as i never get confirmation.

I applied for Nov 27 voyage on Sept 14th and for Dec 20th voyage on Sept 26th and still it is not showing according to my TA.

i found this information on the new Voyage Personalizer on bottom of log on page

Shareholder Benefit Information The benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 Carnival shares. Please apply for shareholder benefit after your cruise balance has been paid but no later than two weeks prior to departure date. The benefit is currently valid for cruise departures up to and including December 22 2013. Please provide proof of ownership of a minimum of 100 Carnival shares together with your booking reference. Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied cabin/stateroom.

We are unable to grant shareholder benefit once onboard. Certain restrictions apply.

Please contact Tel: 800 872 6779 Ext. 30317 or email: shareholderbenefit at cunard.com

I think i will email them to ask as to the actual best way to apply as this forum has conflicting:confused: information. I will report back:)

I spoke to Sandra there this afternoon and she told me exactly what I posted. There is no confusion in my view. In fact I just got off the phone from her and she received my fax and has allocated the OBC and confirmed same by email. Mind you I did phone her to confirm receipt so I am unsure whether the emailing confirmation is automatic.

I spoke to Sandra there this afternoon and she told me exactly what I posted. There is no confusion in my view. In fact I just got off the phone from her and she received my fax and has allocated the OBC and confirmed same by email. Mind you I did phone her to confirm receipt so I am unsure whether the emailing confirmation is automatic.

I agree your valuable information is not at all confusing, i was referring to older past posts not this thread about emailing the applications.

It is strange though that a recent new look page has the wrong information on it.................or maybe it isnt a surprise:rolleyes:

Julie

The USA stock for CCL does have a dividend last time i looked.

It is currently 25c a share so for the minimum stock for OBC you get quarterly $25 into your stock account.

Julie

I didn't notice that....I will have to look!;)

Ok, so here is how I successfully applied for my Shareholder Benefit.

I faxed my proof that I had 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock. I included our personal info(name and address), SHIP we were sailing on and the DATE OF YOUR SAILING, along with our BOOKING/CONFIRMATION NUMBER.

Fax to: 661-753-0180.

Make note of the DATE, TIME and the FAX NUMBER YOU FAXED FROM!!!

Then call 800-872-6779 ext. 30317 to speak to a representative to confirm they received the fax.

Have them email your confirmation. I am taking my email confirmation with me for our sailing.

If you are sailing on Cunard and you call for confirmation, don't be suprised if you get a Princess Cruises resp. apparently they handle both!

Good luck!

Ok, so here is how I successfully applied for my Shareholder Benefit.

I faxed my proof that I had 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock. I included our personal info(name and address), SHIP we were sailing on and the DATE OF YOUR SAILING, along with our BOOKING/CONFIRMATION NUMBER.

Fax to: 661-753-0180.

Make note of the DATE, TIME and the FAX NUMBER YOU FAXED FROM!!!

Then call 800-872-6779 ext. 30317 to speak to a representative to confirm they received the fax.

Have them email your confirmation. I am taking my email confirmation with me for our sailing.

If you are sailing on Cunard and you call for confirmation, don't be suprised if you get a Princess Cruises resp. apparently they handle both!

Good luck!

Thanks, i always try and avoid the telephone but i guess i will have to concede.

It is a good process to follow thanks again.:)

Julie

If the stupid banks will finalize my money transfer I'll be buying my stock today. If not today then they darn well better have the money available tomorrow. We sail on November 5th and I need to get this taken care of now rather than later. I'll most likely go the fax followed by phone route to make sure the credit is applied.

(I'm plenty old enough to remember that "new and amazing" fax technology. I think some of the people I work with don't really believe me when I tell them about going to the theater to see movies in black and white. ;))

Do you have to hold the shares in your own name as you would if you had a paper share certificate or can you hold them in under a nominee account, like you would if you have a trading account?

Under a trading account, the shares would not be in my name but I could provide a statement showing I had purchased the shares.

Thanks

Do you have to hold the shares in your own name as you would if you had a paper share certificate or can you hold them in under a nominee account, like you would if you have a trading account?

Under a trading account, the shares would not be in my name but I could provide a statement showing I had purchased the shares.

Thanks

This is exactly what you do. Make a photocopy of a recent statement and use a dark marker to black out any info they don't need to have. Just make sure your name (but not account number) and the proof of 100 shares is visible. Fax that copy with a cover note including your name, date of voyage, cabin number, reservation number.

HAL does not need to know what else is in your brokerage account.

[quote name='mollymoo12']Do you have to hold the shares in your own name as you would if you had a paper share certificate or can you hold them in under a nominee account, like you would if you have a trading account?

Thanks[/quote]
A nominee account is fine, in fact I think that is how most stock in private hands is held these days.

[quote name='mollymoo12']Thank you for your replies. Shares bought today. Now I just have to go on as many cruises as possible to get my money's worth :D[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was thinking! LOL! :D

Can someone please tell me [I][U]exactly[/U][/I] what I need to print and submit to Carnival? I put in an order for stock on Friday and this morning, Monday, it went through but so far all I can print is a "Positions" screen shot from Scottrade showing the shares. That doesn't seem very "official".

I'm getting close to the two week submission date and don't have time to submit something and find out it doesn't work so I really need to get this figured out.

Any help appreciated.

[quote name='Thrak']Can someone please tell me [I][U]exactly[/U][/I] what I need to print and submit to Carnival? I put in an order for stock on Friday and this morning, Monday, it went through but so far all I can print is a "Positions" screen shot from Scottrade showing the shares. That doesn't seem very "official".

I'm getting close to the two week submission date and don't have time to submit something and find out it doesn't work so I really need to get this figured out.

Any help appreciated.[/quote]

You have to prove that you own the 100 shares so whatever you can send that does that will be OK, they will probably come back quickly if what you send doesn't do it.

Purchase went through fine but I guess I have to wait another 3 days for the government to clear it. All I can see or print right now is the purchase info which doesn't show my name anywhere. I get soooooooooooooo tired of waiting for the government to clear money transfer, stock purchase, etc. It's my freaking money.

I called Princess and they verified that the 18th is not too late to submit proof of ownership and also verified that, unless the submitted proof has my name on it to verify it's actually mine and not somebody else's account showing, they can't apply the credit.

Wait... wait... wait...

Sigh...

I purchased my 100 shares online through my bank brokerage. I sent Carnival a copy of my purchase record and a copy of my account on the day I faxed Carnival so they could see I still owned the shares. I printed both off my online account records so I could send the fax. My $100 credit was waiting when I boarded QE a couple of weeks ago.

I was able to print proof of ownership earlier than I had been told. Printed it on Tuesday and then faxed it to Princess. I followed up with an immediate phone call. Princess verified receipt and applied the credit immediately. Then they emailed a revised booking that shows the $250 OBC. Excellent customer service.

Archived