Steak choice in Pinnacle Grill

DAllenTCY

Which cut do you normally enjoy most?

They have filet mignon, petite filet, porterhouse, ribeye and I think sirloin strip steak.

Order the cut that usually tastes best to you. :)

Used to love the bone-in ribeye, I think it's the most flavorful.:D

Lately, I am more of a petite filet girl. I feel so guilty not being able to eat much of the ribeye, my appetite is not what it used to be. Next time I may just ask to split one with DH, it's enough food for us both! :D

The bone in ribeye I had was fantastic, flavorful, and big as a catchers mitt. Prefer it to the filet I had last cruise which was still good but to me not quite as flavorful and texturally is less steakish. I like a little bite to my steak, not too tender. Just my opinion though. :)

The bone in ribeye I had was fantastic, flavorful, and big as a catchers mitt. Prefer it to the filet I had last cruise which was still good but to me not quite as flavorful and texturally is less steakish. I like a little bite to my steak, not too tender. Just my opinion though. :)

OK....I'm gonna have to ponder that for awhile. ;)

OK....I'm gonna have to ponder that for awhile. ;)

What I mean is a filet is more tender roast almost cut it with a fork type consistency just due to where it come from on the beef. The ribeye has a bit less tenderness but I actually prefer that and the added flavor from the abundant fat on the very prime cuts I have been served. I'm a big fan of nice marbling in steak and fat = flavor in my book so HAL's rib-eye is hard to beat. Plus, I myself love to grill nothing better than a thick bone in ribeye... so good. Now I am hungry for steak :p:D

Here is a link to a picture of a 20oz Porterhouse I had on the Westerdam. Pretty big steak, filled me up and very good.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=07afc87cdf2f6dca&sc=photos#cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA&id=7AFC87CDF2F6DCA%21758&sc=photos

Here is a link to a picture of the Filet Migon my wife had on the Amsterdam. She really enjoyed it.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=07afc87cdf2f6dca&sc=photos#cid=07AFC87CDF2F6DCA&id=7AFC87CDF2F6DCA%212370&sc=photos

Are the fish choices also very good, or is Pinnacle really a steak house?

Everything is quite good there, but it is the Pinnacle Grill, which has the largest assortment of meats. In addition to all the beef cuts, it has a wonderful veal chop, lamb chops, and lamb skewers.

The meal is really a theatrical experience with many things done with tableside preparation. Caeser salad, lobster bisque, steak Diane, baked Alaska, even the vegetable skewer is flambe tableside.

I have had the salmon and black cod as well as the lobster and they were all very good.

My favorite is the Porterhouse because you are actually getting the steak with a sirloin strip on one side of the bone and a tenderloin on the other.

I think the bone adds flavor to the meat as it does to the bone in rib eye. (actually here in Chicago, you can get a bone in filet as well)

The experience is really part of the fun of the restaurant as the china you are served on is Bulgari and the staff really works to make the presentation something special.

Are the fish choices also very good, or is Pinnacle really a steak house?

It is extremely unlikely that you will get fresh fish at the Pinnacle. The fish choices are fine and have, in all likelihood, been frozen. The large shrimp cocktail is always delicious, frozen or not! :rolleyes: :D

Here's a shot of one of the flaming kabobs at a fellow passengers table, and a shot of my Porterhouse steak with the vegetable tower to the North and sauteed mushrooms to the West. All delicious.

CIMG2960.jpg.7f3a9547fd4916040de1bb8f754ce86d.jpg

CIMG2962.jpg.9b8a3968d7f97890a91301885ff44f3b.jpg

I agree the bone in ribeye is my choice every time...

Here's a shot of one of the flaming kabobs at a fellow passengers table, and a shot of my Porterhouse steak with the vegetable tower to the North and sauteed mushrooms to the West. All delicious.

I've wanted to order the kabobs but REALLY do not want the whole flaming show and the tall dome business so I don't order the dinner I know I'd enjoy eating. I am uncomfortable with the whole presentation and would rather do without the meal I know I'd like.

I've wanted to order the kabobs but REALLY do not want the whole flaming show and the tall dome business so I don't order the dinner I know I'd enjoy eating. I am uncomfortable with the whole presentation and would rather do without the meal I know I'd like.

Hmmmm....I thought it was just me. I'm not crazy about the whole table presentation thing either. It just seems a little forced and pretentious for me. But, some people like it...so, YMMV.

I wonder if we could order the kabobs and requestt 'no show'.......

I'd be nervous they'd say okay but do it anyway and that would definitely ruin my evening.

I'd have the steward check to be sure there would be no 'surprise'. If they couldn't agree to that, I'd

order something else.

I was think of ordering the food for me, and the flaming show for the next table.

But, seriously, I wish they would give you the option of tableside prep or not.

On second thought Seas, I'll bet if you requested "no show", they would comply with your wish.

Archived