PH suite please tell me Why?

midwest 852

Thanks everyone. I just booked the PH on the Oosterdam for Alaska!

Can't wait!

Enjoy! We had the Penthouse on the Oosterdam in 2011. It is wonderful and I am sure you will enjoy it. Bring along your favorite music as the sound system on the balcony and through out the suite is very good too. I think you should enjoy Glacier Bay from the hot tub on the deck!

Enjoy! We had the Penthouse on the Oosterdam in 2011. It is wonderful and I am sure you will enjoy it. Bring along your favorite music as the sound system on the balcony and through out the suite is very good too. I think you should enjoy Glacier Bay from the hot tub on the deck!

Bring cd's or can you play your music on an iPod or iPhone? How about on the SA or other suites? Do any others have music systems?

By the way does anyone have an answer as to what an upsell to the PS is on a seven day cruise?

Bring cd's or can you play your music on an iPod or iPhone? How about on the SA or other suites? Do any others have music systems?

By the way does anyone have an answer as to what an upsell to the PS is on a seven day cruise?

You can play CD's or use an Ipod. Bring your own cords to connect. You can also select which parts of the suite you want to hear the music. I don't reall a sound system in the SA or SB which we have also traveled in. If you want to email me I can send you some pictures. mister_eugene@yahoo.com

Price depends upon if someone jumps on the first offer or not:) From SA to PS, I would hazard a guess for a 7 day cruise it would be at least $1,000 pp (our cruise was longer). Best rule, find a price in your mind that you think is worth it. If you get the offer be prepared to say yes or no. Upsells can be real deals at some times and other times, not such a great offer (or if everyone says no, they can lower the price and come back - but often, everyone doesn't say no:):)) It seems to depend on the cruise and the ship

We have always had to book our PS far in advance, as they tend to be the first to go on some cruises. We have found that most PS tend to open after the final due payment date, and therefore HAL may already have their money and don't really care if the PS sails empty or not.

We have always had to book our PS far in advance, as they tend to be the first to go on some cruises. We have found that most PS tend to open after the final due payment date, and therefore HAL may already have their money and don't really care if the PS sails empty or not.

Very True.

When we got back from lour Alaskan cruise last summer -- we quickly booked the PS for this summer.

We so have problems booking the PS on Collectors Cruises.

If the jacuzzi on the veranda is too chilly, you can always use the huge tub in the bath. It also has jacuzzi jets. Enjoy your cruise.

If I'm in the hot tub on the veranda in Alaska I don't care if it's snowing outside, as long as there is hot water in the jacuzzi, I'm sitting in it with a hot buttered rum in my hand!:D

On the Rotterdam we turned on the water in the jacuzzi. Boy did we get a surprise. It hadn't been used in a very long time. The water came out a rust color. We ran it for a while -- took nearly 20 minutes before we got rid of that rust colored water.[/quote

Thanks for that info. I'll run the water in it and the one in the cabin the minute I board before we leave the port so they will be primed and ready to go. How many people will it hold, two or four?

Midwest 852 - So sorry to hear about your booking of the PS...you are in real trouble. Future bookings of a lesser room will be too difficult! I surprised my wife with the PS on the Eurodam for our honeymoon...it spoiled us. Have sinced booked one SC, but otherwise just haven't been able to stay away from the PSs. I'd rather cruise less often and have the awesome experience that the PS affords...I know others would disagree. We enjoy the boarding experience, the extra space, the jacuzzi (in and out), the in room dinning experience, did I mention the plentiful space, the wonderful king size bed, and the Waterford crystal just to list a few perks. Enjoy!

The jacuzzi will hold two at the most. It's very comfortable for one, but it's on the small side. Make sure before you use the jacuzzi inside or out that you ask the cabin steward if the jets were cleaned out with bleach. One doesn't want to come back with an UTI.

I agree that you will have a difficult time booking anything but the PS. After we booked our first one, there was no going back. If they are available, we will book it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived