Does Carnival use Meat Glue?

itzgeralyn

We're looking forward to eating in the steakhouse on the Miracle next month..but only if we can determine if they're steaks are true whole cut steaks or if meat glue has been used to "form" steaks. (because we like our steaks rare/med-rare)

If none of you veterans know..perhaps you can direct me to the appropriate department at CCL to ask. tia

Actually it is common knowledge that meat can be altered in several ways.

Injection, glue to mold its shape etc.

If I were a person that took it rare etc. I would want to know also. When not cooking to higher temperatures these things do not get burned off the same way they would if it were medium or well done.

Actually it is common knowledge that meat can be altered in several ways.

Injection, glue to mold its shape etc.

If I were a person that took it rare etc. I would want to know also. When not cooking to higher temperatures these things do not get burned off the same way they would if it were medium or well done.

Right, thank you ...thats exactly it. Not new information per se (my husband is in the restaurant business)..but we do try to make informed choices when we dine out or travel.

Last month it was pink slime, this month is meat glue. Got to love media sensationalism and those who buy into it. ;)

Transparency is a beautiful thing, isn't it? What isn't beautiful is having to rely on media to bring that transparency to us, imo.

That said, there are those with religious and other considerations for whom knowing this type of info...could be vital. (not health vital, per se). Then there are those of us who only order our meat rare when its a whole cut. If we can't order it rare..we don't order it at all.

What is meat glue? Never heard of it.

DON

Something harmless and natural (most all animals have it in some form) that has been used for decades. The media recently pinned the nickname "meat glue" on it and found they could sensationalize it.

Something harmless and natural (most all animals have it in some form) that has been used for decades. The media recently pinned the nickname "meat glue" on it and found they could sensationalize it.

It really is called meat glue. I've seen a package of it. Yes it is natural but I don't know about anyone else but I don't really want to eat something that makes animals blood clot if I can avoid it.

It really is called meat glue. I've seen a package of it. Yes it is natural but I don't know about anyone else but I don't really want to eat something that makes animals blood clot if I can avoid it.

The stuff that makes an animals blood clot...is normal...in *that animal, that is, lol. Is it normal to have the clotting agent from a cow or pig in your chicken? Not really. (especially if you don't eat pork products)

Not sure how the public is supposed to know these things without asking though. Restaurants are not required to publish/label, sad as that is.

Thank you Woody! :)

I'm sooo looking forward to this! Celebrating an anniversary..and an additional question if anyone knows. Can we bring our own bottle of champagne into the steakhouse and just pay a corking fee, etc?

Thank you Woody! :)

I'm sooo looking forward to this! Celebrating an anniversary..and an additional question if anyone knows. Can we bring our own bottle of champagne into the steakhouse and just pay a corking fee, etc?

Yes you can. They also have some Champagne flutes in Bon Voyage:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions&pid=79

Yes you can. They also have some Champagne flutes in Bon Voyage:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions&pid=79

aw, very nice...thank you for the idea.

As it happens...I got my dh a set of engraved flutes as an anniversary gift though, lol. (china stems=20th..shaped like a bride & groom). He is going to be *very* surprised by both the flutes and the fancyschmancy champagne when I have them at the table when he arrives. (*if the restaurant will do that for me, I'm hoping they will)

Your worry shouldnt be at the steakhouse as they do use good cuts of meat. Lets talk about burgers and hot dogs on the Lido. Oh the horror if you knew what was in those things. scared0008.gif

lol..I know, right? Or the deli meat, for that matter.

We try to stick to whole foods/non-GMO foods when we can in daily life... but its not always easy when traveling. You can only eat so much salad & fruit!

So those bacon wrapped filets @ 1.99 lbs sold at xxxxx aren't a value!

Btw the steaks servers in the steakhouses are very good , no way they are pre formed

Value brand chicken nuggets are another matter

thanks bitemyfly, et al. Reassuring that its going to be a very nice evening :D

Speaking of those bacon wrapped filets...last summer some truck rolled thru the neighborhood selling bit meat packages off the back of the truck. Kind of like the Omaha steak pre-packs...but no-brand. Yeah right! Guy slaps the vac-pac lot down in the driveway and tells me to "take a look". :eek:

If people realized half the stuff in food that we don't know about we'd all be growing our own and never eat out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been stated to me by whom I consider a reliable source that Arby's is made with meat flavored gelatin. Ever wondered how they could get such a consistent thin cut with no fat striation or discoloration? Hmmm

thanks bitemyfly, et al. Reassuring that its going to be a very nice evening :D

Speaking of those bacon wrapped filets...last summer some truck rolled thru the neighborhood selling bit meat packages off the back of the truck. Kind of like the Omaha steak pre-packs...but no-brand. Yeah right! Guy slaps the vac-pac lot down in the driveway and tells me to "take a look". :eek:

Yes we had a truck come thru once too

He had one package left , wanted to make me a special deal

I was thinking horse

Archived