which cabin for family of 4 on Enchantment?

We're thinking of taking a cruise on the Enchantment before she turns her stern to Baltimore permanently. We're a family of 4, with the kids being 6 and 4 (as of when we'd sail). My preference for a room would be an oceanview, as I'd rather not spend the money on a balcony. However, would an oceanview be too cramped? Also, I don't want DD (the 4-year-old) up on a pullman bed, but I'd be fine with her on a foldout couch or even just on a couch, not folded out. So a room with one pullman bed and one couch (or even loveseat) would work.

The ideal setup would be to have a pullman bed over a sofa, which in turn would be separated by a curtain from the main bed. Does such an arrangement exist on the Enchantment?

Thanks much for any tips you can give me.

We are party of 4 on the Enchantment and are in the new section on the eighth deck. It is a balcony(D1) and our cabin has twins put together to form queen, a sleeper sofa and a pullman bed over our queen not the sleeper sofa. Of course, our daughter and her friend are 20 & 21 not 4 and 6. Not sure if an ocean view with no balcony has this but when looking at deck plans, look for a cabin with a triangle AND a star(triangle is sofa bed and star is pullman) Now maybe a sofabed could hold both a 4 and 6 year old.

Hope this helps.

We are a family of 4 and are going in a Grand suite. My kids will be 6 and 3. Decided to go bigger because it wasn't much more than a JS. We like the tub aspect for the 3 year old too. Three girls in one bathroom. Wonder where the husband is going to shave?? Ah who cares.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
We are party of 4 on the Enchantment and are in the new section on the eighth deck. It is a balcony(D1) and our cabin has twins put together to form queen, a sleeper sofa and a pullman bed over our queen not the sleeper sofa. Of course, our daughter and her friend are 20 & 21 not 4 and 6. Not sure if an ocean view with no balcony has this but when looking at deck plans, look for a cabin with a triangle AND a star(triangle is sofa bed and star is pullman) Now maybe a sofabed could hold both a 4 and 6 year old.

Hope this helps.[/QUOT

May I ask what numbers are the new section cabins on Deck 8? We are trying to book and I'm trying to figure out deck 8:-)

Thanks!

[quote=tamtot;33896293May I ask what numbers are the new section cabins on Deck 8? We are trying to book and I'm trying to figure out deck 8:-)

Thanks!

The balcony cabins shown in purple (on the deck plans on the RCI website), as well as the interior cabins between them, are the new section.

• 4 months later...

Hi

I called Rci today as we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children, I wanted a price for family ocean view or family royal suite but they won't give me a price as its only 4 in the room, (enchantment). I said we would pay a supplement but still no, is this normal practice?

We are leaving on Thursday on Enchantment and have a Royal Family Suite. Two bedrooms and 2 Bathroom one with shower one with tub. Have twin girls 3 years old so. We may still sleep in one bed they may not want to stay in their own room especially the first night. The room # 8166 the price is a little higher but the percs are worth it.

Hi

I called Rci today as we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children, I wanted a price for family ocean view or family royal suite but they won't give me a price as its only 4 in the room, (enchantment). I said we would pay a supplement but still no, is this normal practice?

If you are willing to pay extra, why not ask them to price a room for five? if you like the total price (including prices), book it for five. just put down any old name for the fifth...maybe grandma...or a niece...whoever. You will have the cabin you want with a slot held in case you do indeed decide to take a fifth person (name changes are generally allowed at least in US). Pay the bill and if grandma (or niece or whoever) doesn't happen to make it to the pier that day, she will be considered a no show with no refund. In any case, you are happy...Royal Caribbean has their money.

• 1 month later...

We have sailed before on deck 7 just a reg IS with 4 and had a roll a way brought in for the little one, it was taken away and brought back each night so we had manageable space in the daytime. Yes it was tight but it was much better than staying home!!!!

We are a family of 4, and rather than doing a junior suite or bigger, we decided to book 2 oceanview rooms. It's (usually) less than the cost of a suite, and you get TWO BATHROOMS!

It worked out very well for us. Even being in the 2 connecting rooms with my husband and 2 sons, I was feeling claustrophobic. I can't imagine us all being in one room.

Check out the prices. You might be surprised.....

We are a family of 4, and rather than doing a junior suite or bigger, we decided to book 2 oceanview rooms. It's (usually) less than the cost of a suite, and you get TWO BATHROOMS!

It worked out very well for us. Even being in the 2 connecting rooms with my husband and 2 sons, I was feeling claustrophobic. I can't imagine us all being in one room.

Check out the prices. You might be surprised.....

we do the same, we used to do a balcony but found that the ov connecting rooms give us much more useable space and the two bathrooms is awesome! You can put the kids to bed and crack the door and have time to yourselves too!;)

This seems like excellent advice to me. It's just my wife and I, and I think things are tight for two of us. Four to a cabin, and one bathroom? That doesn't sound like a vacation to me.

OTOH money is tight, and you have to do what you have to do. I did see someone once suggested utilizing the bathrooms in the health club to help ease the congestion. Maybe DH could consider that?

Enjoy the Enchantment. We were on her earlier this year, and had a great time.

Hi

there is a requirement of 5 in those cabins until final payment has passed. if they are still available at that point, anyone may book them.

Archived