RCCL threatens to pull out of cozumel

Cozumel and the good folks that support their families from our visits will be hurt by this mayor's actions.

Brook!!! while I understand your points....we so love Labadee.....I am so proud to be with the critter group that visits this school royal caribbean built. Host Liz on here has a large group of Critters from cruise critic as we are called and she has done fantastic things for these children. Amazing what a group that started sailing together several years ago has done to aid these children. strangers helping just because. just to see pictures of the smiles...i have been so humbled just to take part in aiding school supplies during the inaugural sailing of the Allure.

You can see the work on the critter group page. It might help you. It may not change your mind and surely isn't meant to do so, but I sure enjoy visiting and knowing that I am helping families whether it is buying something from the vendors or bringing something for the group to take.

I hope you enjoy your future vacations especially having one so soon!!!!

take care!!!

That is so wonderful you guys do that!!!! WOW there is a lot of respect here at my computer chair for you guys :D

I think you might have pinpointed my issue better then I could. I am terrible with explaining things. I hate feeling helpless. It is not my strong point! I am not one to not do something when something is needed?

Its that helpless feeling of standing there knowing I can't do anything. That would be the hardest part. I wouldn't be able to enjoy my time knowing that I am helpless do do anything for those people :(

There are 3 types of people when it comes to Cozumel.

Group 1 - people who love Cozumel. I'm in that group. We went to Mr Sancho's last time we were there. What a fun day! We paid for all-you-can-eat/drink and thought we got a good value for our money. We also did the tequila tasting (the same one that Samantha Brown did on her travel show) and some horseback riding. What a great day.

Group 2 - people who couldn't care less about Cozumel. This group of people has a different point of view, but one which is just as valid as Group 1's.

Group 3 - people who could care less about Cozumel. This group of people wants to be in Group 2 but their grammar forces them into Group 1.

ms1-L.jpg

ms2-L.jpg

ms3-L.jpg

ms4-L.jpg

this is one of those times I wish there was a "like" button! love option 3! Although you know the only ones who won't "get it" are the ones who say that! Also, beautiful pics!

There are 3 types of people when it comes to Cozumel.

Group 1 - people who love Cozumel. I'm in that group. We went to Mr Sancho's last time we were there. What a fun day! We paid for all-you-can-eat/drink and thought we got a good value for our money. We also did the tequila tasting (the same one that Samantha Brown did on her travel show) and some horseback riding. What a great day.

Group 2 - people who couldn't care less about Cozumel. This group of people has a different point of view, but one which is just as valid as Group 1's.

Group 3 - people who could care less about Cozumel. This group of people wants to be in Group 2 but their grammar forces them into Group 1.

ms1-L.jpg

ms2-L.jpg

ms3-L.jpg

ms4-L.jpg

Thank you for my afternoon laugh!!:D

That is so wonderful you guys do that!!!! WOW there is a lot of respect here at my computer chair for you guys :D

I think you might have pinpointed my issue better then I could. I am terrible with explaining things. I hate feeling helpless. It is not my strong point! I am not one to not do something when something is needed?

Its that helpless feeling of standing there knowing I can't do anything. That would be the hardest part. I wouldn't be able to enjoy my time knowing that I am helpless do do anything for those people :(

Brook, I don't want to make this sound like I don't appreciate your feelings, but in reality you can do something for those people. You can purchase native made goods at the market in Labadee and by your presence on a cruise that stops there, RCI is able to provide financial and material aid to Haiti. Looked at in that light you are doing more for the people of Haiti by going on a cruise that stops there than by going on another cruise that doesn't stop at Labadee. Ultimately however, each of us should only do what we feel comfortable about and if you are uncomfortable going to Labadee you shouldn't have to explain your feelings.

When we went on Oasis we didn't go to Cozumel or Jamaica. We went to Nassau, Bahamas, St.Thomas and St.Maarten. I believe Oasis does the eastern Caribbean route every other week. There are many ports the Oasis can sail to and could sail to even more ports if they were willing to tender.

Impossible to tender 6,000 passengers at a short duration port of call.

Archived