Diamond Balcony Discount.

Nope:( You cannot combine the two.

That's what I was reading, But we just came off the AOS transatlantic and when we booked that cruise onboard I got my $325 diamond discount and my $150 OBC for onboard booking and when contacted RCL to see if I could get shareholders OBC they said I can only get 1 OBC (Future booking or shareholders OBC) she said I could cancel the future booking and apply the shareholder OBC which was $200 if I wanted.

Anyone else got diamond discount and OBC?

That's what I was reading, But we just came off the AOS transatlantic and when we booked that cruise onboard I got my $325 diamond discount and my $150 OBC for onboard booking and when contacted RCL to see if I could get shareholders OBC they said I can only get 1 OBC (Future booking or shareholders OBC) she said I could cancel the future booking and apply the shareholder OBC which was $200 if I wanted.

Anyone else got diamond discount and OBC?

RCL gave you misinformation. You can combine OBC from booking on board with EITHER balcony discount or C&A savings certificate. However, the shareholder benefit cannot be combined with the balcony discount.

RCCL does not give multiple discounts . nor does it give discounts to loyal customers, ie: no balcony discount with a stock holder discount.

Also NO after final payment discounts EVER! If you are a loyal customer and pay a boatload for your cabin... be prepared that in the final 30 days before you cruise "Billy-Bob" will pay $1000 less and be in the same cabin as you booked next door.

RCCL needs to look at how they are rewarding new bookings and leaving the LOYAL customer in the shadows.:mad:

RCCL does not give multiple discounts . nor does it give discounts to loyal customers, ie: no balcony discount with a stock holder discount.

Also NO after final payment discounts EVER! If you are a loyal customer and pay a boatload for your cabin... be prepared that in the final 30 days before you cruise "Billy-Bob" will pay $1000 less and be in the same cabin as you booked next door.

RCCL needs to look at how they are rewarding new bookings and leaving the LOYAL customer in the shadows.:mad:

My experience exactly, we paid nearly four thousand pounds last year for a cruise for 2 in an E1 cabin, the prices came down drastically recently and we're left counting the cost. They Say Book With Confidence!

They DO give multiple discounts, such as combining a senior discount, on-board booking bonus, and C&A balcony discount. No problemo. On the other hand some CAN NOT be combined, such as the Shareholder OBC. You usually cannot combine multiple OBC's.

You are correct, that just like every other cruise line, you can't get a refund after final payment if the price drops. If you didn't like the price, why did you book it? :rolleyes: If you "know" the price is going to drop $1000...again, why did you book it? :rolleyes:. If you booked well ahead of time, you should have a prime spot. What are the odds that a last-minute booking is going to be next to you in that prime spot? :rolleyes: Would you also like to pay the last-minute booker's airfare? LOL

And you CAN take advantage of price drops in categories higher than what you are booked even AFTER FINAL PAYMENT. So, if you are in an oceanview and a few days before the sailing the price of a balcony drops to what you paid, you can upgrade to the balcony at the DISCOUNTED price. And, again, if you don't like the amount you are paying...why did you pay it? :rolleyes:

Finally, to be fair, if you want a refund if the price drops after you've made your final payment...shouldn't Royal Caribbean be able to require you to pay the higher fare if the price goes up after final payment? :D

They DO give multiple discounts, such as combining a senior discount, on-board booking bonus, and C&A balcony discount. No problemo. On the other hand some CAN NOT be combined, such as the Shareholder OBC. You usually cannot combine multiple OBC's.

You are correct, that just like every other cruise line, you can't get a refund after final payment if the price drops. If you didn't like the price, why did you book it? :rolleyes: If you "know" the price is going to drop $1000...again, why did you book it? :rolleyes:. If you booked well ahead of time, you should have a prime spot. What are the odds that a last-minute booking is going to be next to you in that prime spot? :rolleyes: Would you also like to pay the last-minute booker's airfare? LOL

And you CAN take advantage of price drops in categories higher than what you are booked even AFTER FINAL PAYMENT. So, if you are in an oceanview and a few days before the sailing the price of a balcony drops to what you paid, you can upgrade to the balcony at the DISCOUNTED price. And, again, if you don't like the amount you are paying...why did you pay it? :rolleyes:

Finally, to be fair, if you want a refund if the price drops after you've made your final payment...shouldn't Royal Caribbean be able to require you to pay the higher fare if the price goes up after final payment? :D

Get your flame retardant suit on & be prepared to duck. You're NOT going to win this one!

Cruising machine you must work for the cruise line hummm? or the Democratic party. All the wealthy or tax payers must pay in and the non tax payers get the benefits! RCCL is making me feel like this... I pay all the money and someone else gets the benefit!

to be fair , yes I paid a premium for a JS but does that mean that I am not able to take advantage of a sale RCCL has 30 days out? Just because I gave them my money does not mean that they can not give me an on board credit( not a refund as you put it. I have already paid my money, so RCCL has it) .

I do not treat my customers this way! If I have a loyal customer that has been with me for years... I will offer the same price as street rates. BTW... I raise rates on new customers NOT on existing. My customers keep me in business!!

BTW. I am a loyal RCCL customer BUT CCL does offer this obc and I think Royal should too! JMO

ONLY if you book with the Early thingie. (don't know their trade-name). Otherwise, Carnival does not give you price drops after final payment date either.

ONLY if you book with the Early thingie. (don't know their trade-name). Otherwise, Carnival does not give you price drops after final payment date either.

And if I'm not mistaken, the early thingie has non-refundable deposits, and limited ability to change.

Yes theirs no more double dipping. Years ago if you booked a 9 night cruise while on board you would receive a $200 OBC and if you were a shareholder you could get another $200 OBC for a total of $400 OBC. Boy do I miss those days.

Have you ever seen an extremely steep discount, after final payment, on a cabin you've booked?

I hope it happens to you and then you can come back here and post how you don't mind paying an extra $1000 or 2000 since you got the E2 you wanted.

What I have found is that the cruise lines (all of them) do lower prices for different categories (if inventory hasn't sold). However, they will do all types of sales between when you book far out ... and when you make final payment. They offer Resident Rates, Senior Rates, Union Rates, now they have a special Travel Agent Rate for Friends and Family (only if you book thru a travel agent ... these rates are not available on RCCL.com and are not available on a lot of travel web-sites), etc. And before final payment you are eligible to take advantage of these lower prices. And if you are working with a reputable and "proficient" travel agent; they usually know about this before the public and can change your booking code to the lower price.

And you CAN take advantage of price drops in categories higher than what you are booked even AFTER FINAL PAYMENT. So, if you are in an oceanview and a few days before the sailing the price of a balcony drops to what you paid, you can upgrade to the balcony at the DISCOUNTED price. And, again, if you don't like the amount you are paying...why did you pay it?
Case in point... last year we booked a D2 balcony for a TA on the Jewel. After final payment, the price dropped like a rock... ridiculous drop. Cabin was well over $1,000 less than we paid. Well, in addition to that, the suite price dropped as well. We upgraded to a Suite Guarantee for $400 more total and we ended up with a Grand Suite. We've been in a Junior a few times but first time ever for a Grand. That cruise has spoiled me for all future cruises.

Tim

Call me crazy, but I'm happy with the discounts...would I say no to more?...not likely, but on a 7 night, I get $100 OBC for booking onboard, $225 balcony discount and I get my pick of cabins. Guess where all those " is this cabin next to the bathroom or below the disco any good?" threads come from- people who are booking last minute!

Also, most times prices have gone up after the really early booking rates, sometimes they go down after final, but in our case, not usually lower than the earliest booking rates ( these are caribbean crusies) and many times it's gone up! The one time it went way down after final, I moved from an E2 to an E1 aft cabin, ( could have gone higher, but wanted to snag the aft someome else probably left for a JS) which was wonderful! Had I waited to book, I might have paid less for that same cabin, but I would have paid far more in last minute airfare costs ( Ive checked it everytime there is a price change, and I would never have come out ahead!)

I'm sure that people who had multiple benefits in the past, probably feel a little cheated when they have fewer with new rules, but it is a company in the business of making money, so I guess that they have to impose limits somewhere. I've also believed that if you have ultimate flexibility in dates and cabin location and live near port ( to drive); it's probably a great idea to wait till less than 90 days out to book. It might be more money than had you booked earlier on some ships/itineraries, but you don't have to book it if that's the case. You can just wait for the deals!:D

Archived