Labadee

Jenn31708

I went to Labadee a few years ago, and at that point there wasn't a dock and the ship was tendered. I understand it has built up quite a bit since then. Now there's 7 neighborhoods? Where exactly does the ship dock now? What we loved about Labadee in the past was how simple it was. We got a few mat, found an empty cabana and hung out there for hours. I read about cabanas that you rent, but we didn't pay for this one last time. Are the free ones still available? I found ones for rent, but they're so expensive!

What are some good suggestions for Labadee? We're thinking about the all-day pas for the coaster. Is it in an area where the kids could run over to on their own? they're 13-17 or is it far away from the beach areas?

the whole area is pretty well laid out and they have a tram to move about the area. the pic form the previous poster shows oyu where you will be docked.

If oyu want a cabana you might want to pre book one now they are not cheap and they do go fast, suite and higher up C&A members get first choice at them.

We had a blast there a few months ago, we simply made it a beach day with no excursions.

I went to Labadee a few years ago, and at that point there wasn't a dock and the ship was tendered. I understand it has built up quite a bit since then. Now there's 7 neighborhoods? Where exactly does the ship dock now? What we loved about Labadee in the past was how simple it was. We got a few mat, found an empty cabana and hung out there for hours. I read about cabanas that you rent, but we didn't pay for this one last time. Are the free ones still available? I found ones for rent, but they're so expensive!

What are some good suggestions for Labadee? We're thinking about the all-day pas for the coaster. Is it in an area where the kids could run over to on their own? they're 13-17 or is it far away from the beach areas?

The dock is very nice--it avoids the need to tender and allows you to get on and off as you please. It is, however, a bit of a walk when you get off at the aft end of the ship as we did on Liberty in 2010. I highly recommend renting floating beach mats. They are overpriced ($12 a mat I believe), but we just relaxed on them in the water (which felt like bath water in June) the entire day. Totally worth it. We really enjoy the private islands/beaches, since you don't have to worry about doing an excursion or getting transportation to a beach or resort. Labadee is absolutely beautiful--I think we were the last people to get back on the ship last time we were there! :D

Labadee - Love that place. it is very relaxing. When we went the mats were $10.00. We didn't think that was so bad. There's nothing you are going to find cheaper. You have use of them the whole time you are there.

My DH took his own snorkel gear.

Thanks for the info and the beautiful photos folks, I knew I came to the right place!! :D

What about the coaster thing? Is it safe to let teenagers go off on their own, they're 13, 14, 15 and 17.

And truthfully, how scary is it? I'm a fuddy duddy.... I don't like coasters at all, unless they're the kiddie ones

Labadee is a private fenced in resort area beach.

You could walk the whole area in under 20 min.

There is a tram that runs if you get tired.

Our daughter loved the roller coaster, but loved the zip line more.

She did it for the first time when she was 13.

Yea, your kids would be safe if they went off on there own, but, make sure they check in, often with you. You could have trouble finding them amoung the crowds.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just in Labadee on May 15. It is still beautiful :D.

We spent the day at Adrenaline Beach. We got 2 lounge chairs and a blue covering (not sure what to call it, not an umbrella or a cabana) for shade on our chairs - for a tip to the gentlemen who set it up for us.

DH took snorkel gear and saw a few fish. We both wore water shoes to get in the water.

The cabanas at Labadee, I see that you can rent them for the day for $150 or $200 depending on the location. We will be 6 adults and 5 kids, but I know the kids will be in the water and the coaster the whole time. Is there a limit to the amount of people they allow. I had heard 6, but with the kids being gone the whole time, there will only be 6 people there. Will we have a difficult time with 11 people there??

Wow, I didn't realize there are docks. I just remember Coco Cay from a zillion years ago when there were tenders.

So if the kids are bored, or we don't like the lunch or whatever, we can just go back onto the ship whenever we please?

Wow, I didn't realize there are docks. I just remember Coco Cay from a zillion years ago when there were tenders.

So if the kids are bored, or we don't like the lunch or whatever, we can just go back onto the ship whenever we please?

There are tender boats going back and forth all day

There is a dock at Labadee. The ship docks as it does in every other port, and passengers debark onto the dock and walk; there are no tenders. There are, however, tenders for Coco Cay; the ship does not dock there.

We were in Labadee last year, below is a picture I took from atop the zip line tower. It should give you an idea of where the ship is docking.

Mike

5520876717_781d4038f5_b.jpg

That is one great picture.

I like it so much, was wondering if you could email me the .jpg, would love to use it in a photo book that I will create after our cruise.

If you can, my email address is my user name at gmail.com.

Archived