Help! Changing Ships

jillpra

My nephew works with Carnival and was scheduled to be on the Dream on the June 30th sailing so we booked April 30th for this week which of course we had to pay full payment since it was such short notice. He found out today that he has been switched to the Legend in June. Our penalty per Carnival is 50% of our fare. The fares price out the same for the Dream and the Legend before the cancellation penalty. Any suggestions on how to work Carnival to let us make switch. Thanks.

Jill

I have switched before, tho it was quite a while ago, no penalty because I didn't actually cancel the booking. They said the booking and booking number stays the same, just the ship and date changed and that is why there was no penalty. Give them a call, don't say you want to cancel, just tell them you want to keep your booking but change ships... if there is room onboard there shouldnt be a problem. Come back and let us know what happens with your call...

I have switched before, tho it was quite a while ago, no penalty because I didn't actually cancel the booking. They said the booking and booking number stays the same, just the ship and date changed and that is why there was no penalty. Give them a call, don't say you want to cancel, just tell them you want to keep your booking but change ships... if there is room onboard there shouldnt be a problem. Come back and let us know what happens with your call...

Seems quite optimistic that Carnival will waive the cancellation penalty after final payment to me.

Your booking would have had to be ok'd by a supervisor.. not always as easy as you make it out. I hope you said thank you when they did it for you.

Seems quite optimistic that Carnival will waive the cancellation penalty after final payment to me.

Your booking would have had to be ok'd by a supervisor.. not always as easy as you make it out. I hope you said thank you when they did it for you.

I just know that it was done for me because it was not a cancellation. Just a change of ship. Of course, if they booked ES, there would be the fee of 50pp to change. But it will not hurt ffor them to call... I didn't speak to a supervisor... just called, explained the reason I wanted to change, and since the price was just a few dollars off, they made the change. Like I said, she told us no problem, the booking number stays the same ( no cancellation on the booking ) . And yes, of course I said thank you :)

I just know that it was done for me because it was not a cancellation. Just a change of ship. Of course, if they booked ES, there would be the fee of 50pp to change. But it will not hurt ffor them to call... I didn't speak to a supervisor... just called, explained the reason I wanted to change, and since the price was just a few dollars off, they made the change. Like I said, she told us no problem, the booking number stays the same ( no cancellation on the booking ) . And yes, of course I said thank you :)

And this was after final payment date?

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Archived