Sea Pass Questions

teacherman

Just completed my on-line check in for a July cruise on Century. There were 4 pages printed out, but page 2 was blank. Does anyone know why? Also, is the SeaPass supposed to have your Captains Club Status on it? If so, I cannot find it. (I thought it was supposed to be there for priority boarding). There were no directions for getting luggage tags, other than to show the SeaPass to the porters. I am okay with that if that is how it works. We have not sailed on Celebrity in about 6 years, so this SeaPass is knew to us. Any info is welcome. Thank you.

I am looking at mine right now. Page 2 has an image of the luggage tag with the Stateroom and Deck. Nowhere on the sea pass is your CC Status. You can always reprint a copy of the sea pass and see if page 2 prints. Enjoy your cruise !!!

The SeaPass card is what is issued to you when you board. Mine (from February 2012) shows "Classic Member" at the bottom. In addition, they're color-coded with Captain's Club status. Your Express Pass is what you'll use to check in, and I assume your status would be there somewhere. Luggage tags are easy enough to request once you get to the departure port.

When you go to the preliminary check in page on the Celebrity website, there is a link about the midlle of the page to request baggage tags. If you are within about 8 weeks of the sail date, it should take about a week to get the tags in the mail.

We received ours about a week ago for our June sailing on the Summit.

When you go to the preliminary check in page on the Celebrity website, there is a link about the midlle of the page to request baggage tags. If you are within about 8 weeks of the sail date, it should take about a week to get the tags in the mail.

We received ours about a week ago for our June sailing on the Summit.

Our luggage (order) link didn't appear until 30 days out only because X handled our air travel. Others on our sailing had theirs a few weeks earlier.

Last cruise, we got our tags in about 3 days.

We just returned from the Infinity to Alaska and we got our tags about 6 weeks out and when I requested them I got them within 4 days. Otherwise you can get them on the dock and fill them out. Happy sailing where ever your going.

The sea passes, which are issued when you actually check in at the pier, are color coded by cabin category, but will have the Captain's Club status printed on the bottom. For example, we left the Infinity a little over a week ago. We were in Aqua Class, so had blue sea passes with our Elite Captain's Club status printed at the bottom of the cards.

The sea passes, which are issued when you actually check in at the pier, are color coded by cabin category, but will have the Captain's Club status printed on the bottom. For example, we left the Infinity a little over a week ago. We were in Aqua Class, so had blue sea passes with our Elite Captain's Club status printed at the bottom of the cards.

I believe the poster is asking about the Express pass that they print at home before the cruise. Yes the actual Sea Pass that you get when you board are color coded and tell your status. The Express Pass that you roint at ome does pt give the same information

The SeaPass card is what is issued to you when you board. Mine (from February 2012) shows "Classic Member" at the bottom. In addition, they're color-coded with Captain's Club status. Your Express Pass is what you'll use to check in, and I assume your status would be there somewhere. Luggage tags are easy enough to request once you get to the departure port.

Phasscruisers:

My post tried to clarify a prior post. While the sea pass cards are color coded, the color code reflects the cabin category, not the captain's club level. While the post from PartyAllDaTyme states that the sea pass cards are color coded a casual reader not familiar with Celebrity could assume that the color code represents the Captain's Club level, while in fact the color represents the cabin category. The Captain's Club level is printed on the lower area of the sea pass card.

Just completed my on-line check in for a July cruise on Century. There were 4 pages printed out, but page 2 was blank. Does anyone know why? Also, is the SeaPass supposed to have your Captains Club Status on it? If so, I cannot find it. (I thought it was supposed to be there for priority boarding). There were no directions for getting luggage tags, other than to show the SeaPass to the porters.

The paper document that you print at home after on-line check-in is your Xpress Pass... It contains--among other things--a place for your signature to indicate acceptance of Celebrity's cruise contract, abbreviated credit card data--based upon your on-line input--as to how you'll settle your onboard account, and an election--if you use a non-US credit card--as to whether you want Celebrity or your credit card issuer to convert your US Dollar-based onboard account to your local currency [with a second place for signature relative to the financial stuff]... You'll present that document, along with your Passport/ID and the credit card you'll be using as listed on the Xpress Pass, upon personal check-in once you reach the port to streamline the paperwork process...

• Realistically, you'll only need the first page of the Xpress Pass document [if your printer handles it correctly, all that information appears on the first page] at personal check-in...
  • As another poster has noted, there is typically a code at the top of that page--for instance, a small E for Elite--that those who direct traffic at personal check-in use to get you to the proper line... Unless you are traveling in a suite [sometimes] or you arrive at the port so early that you complete check-in prior to the ship being ready to receive guests with a resulting crowd waiting to board, it's not so much a priority boarding process as it is a priority check-in process with different lines based upon level of accommodation and Captain's Club membership status... Just know that based upon the mix of passengers checking in when you are, the lines associated with the highest level of check-in for which you are eligible may not be the fastest; staff members are available to direct you to the line which is apt to get you through the process most quickly...

Upon personal check-in at the port, you will be issued your SeaPass--a plastic card that serves as the key to your stateroom, your on-board credit card, and if you, have pre-purchased a beverage package, includes a code that confirms your eligibility to bar personnel... Your SeaPass will be color-coded to indicate the accommodation level in which you'll be sailing [don't know them all but, for instance, AquaClass key cards are a light metallic blue and Concierge Class key cards are gold]... If a member, your Captain's Club level will be printed on the bottom of the key card [ie; Classic Member, Select Member, or Elite Member]...

About 45 days prior to sailing [usually a bit less if you have purchased flights through Choice Air], you'll get an e-mail from Celebrity [if you booked with them directly] or your Travel Agent telling you that your Electronic Travel Documents are available [they're lengthy and contain a copy of the cruise contract] and providing you with a link to them... At about that time--assuming that you are a US or Canadian resident [i believe the process differs for others]--you can order luggage tags on-line by returning to the screens you accessed to complete the on-line check-in [Xpress Pass] process... A new link to do so will be displayed... Once you enter your mailing address and submit the request, luggage tags--they're issued in sets of eight--will be mailed to you [delivery is quick; usually a week/sometimes less]... Alternatively, you can just fill out generic luggage tags--available from a porter at the dock--on the day you sail...

Hope this helps... Sounds confusing but it really is a rather simple process once accustomed to it...

Phasscruisers:

My post tried to clarify a prior post. While the sea pass cards are color coded, the color code reflects the cabin category, not the captain's club level. While the post from PartyAllDaTyme states that the sea pass cards are color coded a casual reader not familiar with Celebrity could assume that the color code represents the Captain's Club level, while in fact the color represents the cabin category. The Captain's Club level is printed on the lower area of the sea pass card.

My bad.:o Thanks for the correction!

Archived