Istanbul hotel

cruisecountess

DH and I are looking for a hotel in Istanbul for three nights prior to Black Sea cruise next July. We would like to keep it to $200 a night, inclusive of breakfast. Walking distance to sights would be a plus. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Harriet

We stayed at the Hotel Nena which worked very well for us but it was a few years back so you should check current reviews. We had two or three nites there so had a free pickup from the ship and drop of at the airport.

Ditto as to the Hotel Nena. We stayed there last November and will be back there next September (after OUR Black Sea cruise). Not the fanciest hotel but a good bargain and a good location with a very helpful staff.

Mura

Sari Konak was a decent place for us. The rooms were simple and nothing special but the location, breakfasts, helpful staff were all wonderful. We would stay there again.

Price point easily fits your stated amount.

They have 420 reviews on Tripadvisor so you can get a flavour for what they have to offer.

DH and I are looking for a hotel in Istanbul for three nights prior to Black Sea cruise next July. We would like to keep it to $200 a night, inclusive of breakfast. Walking distance to sights would be a plus. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Harriet

We have booked this hotel in Sultanhammet for 3 nights. We have friends who recommended this hotel for the service and situation. Go to trip advisor and you'll see a lot of good comments and hotel has a web site.

I will once again put in a word for the Sirkeci Konak. It is walking distance from Topkapi - our balcony overlooked the gardens. If you stay three nights (at least in the past) they will throw in your airport transfer and a free dinner. Includes breakfast - great place! See Trip Advisor for more info!

Staying at Sirkeci Konakfor second time in August. Hotel staff great. Pick up or return to a/p with 3 night stay and dinner on arrival. Great location near tram. Breakfasts were great. Would highly recommend.

We've stayed in a couple of places in Istanbul...

First visit, we stayed at the Conrad--which will blow your intended budget out of the water--but, VERY nice hotel--but not real convenient to the sights...

Second visit, we opted to try something a little more reasonably prices...and a little more convenient...and went with the Sari Konak...

http://www.istanbulhotelsarikonak.com/

I really liked this hotel...

From our window, we had an incredible view of the Blue Mosque--which was virtually right outside our window...

All of the main sights of the Sultanhamet were in very close walking distance...

The streets right outside the hotel had a large number of interesting restaurants...

We really felt like we were in the middle of everything...

And it costs a fraction of what the Conrad goes for...

I highly recommend this hotel...

Of course, it's hard to beat a free stay in Istanbul (or anywhere else, for that matter). Especially if it is in an upscale hotel like Hyatt, Intercontinental, Marriott or Hilton.

All these hotels have credit cards (Chase and Amex) that offer bonus points or free nights for opening a credit card and many then offer free annual nights thereafter.

Our favorite was a Hyatt CC that gave 2 free nights anywhere in the world without minimal spending required. We each got one, giving us 4 free Hyatt nights - we used 3 nights in Park Hyatt Sydney where rooms begin at AUS $800/night.

Hard to beat that :D

We loved the Hotel Nena- stayed there in Oct of 2011. Location was wonderful and the staff was wonderful. I posted a review on TripAdvisor I was so impressed.

By contrast, we stayed in the W Hotel in Istanbul for 2 days pre-cruise and its location was terrible, the staff was not friendly and the decor was much too modern for our taste.

Harriet

Last summer we stayed at the Biz Cevahir Hotel. It's on a quiet street in the heart of the old city, an easy walk to all the historic sites. The staff was very friendly. Here's the link to the website:

safe_image.php?d=AQAwFA8Pgjdd9iMC&w=90&h=90&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bizcevahirhotels.com%2Fimages%2Fapple_2.jpgSultanahmet Hotels, Luxury Hotel in Sultanahmet Istanbul: Biz Cevahir Hotel

www.bizcevahirhotels.comA warm welcome from privately owned Biz Cevahir Hotel is one of the few contemporary luxury hotels in the old city Sultanahmet.

There are many hotels in Istanbul. According to your budget there are many hotels in this category. You can search out them on net and can choose any one according to you. I have gone many times there and I liked to stay in Sultans Royal hotel. This is not so expensive and you can stay at here also.

We have stayed twice in the Blue House, a lovely little hotel directly across the street from the Blue Mosque. They have a wonderful breakfast and a restaurant on the roof. Everything is within walking distance.

Archived