FYI, Smokers, Carnival's cigarette prices have jumped!

Irishlinny

perhaps its where thjey are sailing from??

NYC taxes the hell out of cigs.. last cruise in the dream it was 5 /110

Once you are at sea...what taxes?

You can`t buy them until you are out a few hours...shop closed.

Think it is just paying for the Taste and Brunch ungrades

Someone has to pay for it...nothing is free:cool:

LMAO...I am smoking every one of them!!!

My adult DD tried to smoke the stale ones I brought her from St Thomas, but when the little tiny bugs came crawling out, it was too much even for her !!! She smokes Marlboro ultra lights and the store we were in near the port in St.T had stacks of reg., menthol and light Marlboros but very few ultra lights. Maybe they just don't sell many of them and they had been sitting around because the reg. ones my friend bought for her husband were fine.

The bugs in the smokes is just too gross! While on land we switched over to Bronson from Marlboro, and in Atlanta are paying a little under 30 bucks per carton. I- the middle aged girly girl have also taken up the enjoyment of the little Al Capone Cigars, in leui of the "puffy puffs". So I am not sure that I want to buy cartons on board if they are not that much cheaper than what we have been buying, I actually like them more than Marlboro.:rolleyes:

Just off the Dream last week and the Malboros are still 5/$110. I checked a few places in St Thomas to see if they were any cheaper (trying to see if I could get the guarantee), but all the shops I stopped in at the Havensight area were 5/$124.95.

In St Maarten they were definitely cheaper, I think like 5/$92, but they were not US tobacco - these were imported from Europe. Didn't want to chance stale funky tasting cigs, so I bought mine on ship.

Doesn't shock me that the prices are higher on the Miracle, though since she sails out of NY. Last time I was in the city in 2010, I think a pack of Marlboros were $13-$14 each. Glad I brought my own with me! :)

Btw.. if you were a Marlboro smoker that switched to the Special Blends because they are cheaper on land - the ships do not carry that variety. So for the time being, I've switched back to Marlboro Lights/Golds.

Wondering if it has something to do with the OP being just off the Miracle. This is the ship with the punchliners comedy brunch in place of breakfast and lunch in the MDR. They also charge for expresso and cappuchino in the MDR on this ship. So maybe the cig. prices are another reflection of the upgrades :eek: Carnival is throwing our way.

Or as another poster said maybe out of NY is the answer. Except for 1 cruise I have always sailed from NY with cheap cheap cigs. So glad I quit though cos $0 is always cheapest.:D

We cruised the Miracle in March, second time. No charge for capps and espressos in MDR on our sailings. Breakfast and lunch were available in the MDR on select days. Probably missed it but never heard/read anything about a comedy club brunch.

Archived