E730 orE731 Ruby/Emerald/crown?

Boatingmom

Any preference and why? Thanks:confused:

You may want the one on the Starboard side (E731) -- as I believe the speakers in the lounge below are right under E730. But, either would be great....if you have a choice, you may want to snag E731.

I agree with the above poster. I would choose E731 on the starboard side because it is not directly above the Club Fusion stage. As between Emerald, Ruby, and Crown, it does not matter because they are sister ships. I would choose by itinerary and price.

You may want the one on the Starboard side (E731) -- as I believe the speakers in the lounge below are right under E730. But, either would be great....if you have a choice, you may want to snag E731.

Depending on the itinerary E730 could be just as quiet. We were in that cabin on the Emerald Baltic cruise in the summer of 2009. We brought ear plugs (just in case) but never used them. It is such a port intensive cruise that I think most passengers were in bed well before 11 pm. They are great cabins/balconies!

We have been in both and actually liked E730 better. We love being port side and while you are not always facing the port, we like port side best. We didn't have any trouble with noise from Club Fusion and would book either room again in a heartbeat!

Thanks for the input. We are already booked in e730 and was wondering if we should switch to the starboard side of the boat. Although i guess we might hear some noise, the question is whether on the port side of the ship will the noise really keep us up? we are usually up till 11 or 12 on a cruise. How much later is the club open?? Also I hears some complaints of it not getting any sun. Really? I think constant carribean sun could be brutal however is the cabin dark inside??

I have sailed in both cabins. E730 does have some bass vibration, E731 is totally quiet. I lean to E731 but would take E730 if 731 is not available.

If you do a round trip cruise you should have some morning sun one way and evening sun the the other way. We have never notice too much or a lack either way. You never know which way you will be docking so unless there is only one way for a ship to dock it's a gamble.

Extended, larger balcony that's covered plus you can see aft. Highly prized. Here's a photo of the balcony: (it's the one on the bottom to the left)

[ATTACH]234639[/ATTACH]

Hi Pam,

Would you know about this area on the Golden? We finally snagged E723 are these minis similar? Nice picture by the way thanks.

Would you know about this area on the Golden? We finally snagged E723 are these minis similar? Nice picture by the way thanks.
I've had E725 on both the Sapphire and Crown and loved the cabin and location. E723 won't have the extended balcony but it's still a 9'x7' balcony that's covered and very private. No one passes your cabin door unless they are in the few cabins aft of yours.

You will get partial or almost full sun on the Emerald deck balconies, depending on the time of day and ship's direction. You are more protected from wind and rain than on other balconies. The one complaint I've read about these cabins is that they tend to be darker inside the cabin because of the deeper covered balcony. That's true but I've never really noticed or cared.

We just had E731 on Crown Princess. Would not do that again.....

We are aft balcony lovers so thought we would really like E731. I don't know if it's just Crown, but there was more vibration than we have ever noticed before on any ship. It really bothered DH and not much bothers him when he's on a cruise. When the stern thrusters were being used (mostly docking and undocking), the vibration was so bad that it vibrated glassed off the table and onto the floor. Fortunately, that severe vibration was usually brief and only a couple of times was it really early in the morning.

It was also very windy while underway.....the balcony was really unusable at those times. The wind down the side of the ship seemed to curve around toward the aft at that balcony. We had planned UBD for the last sea day, but canceled it when we saw how windy it was on our balcony. Family members in a Caribe balcony did not have nearly the wind that we had.

The cabin was very nice and the room steward was awesome! We would not book that cabin again, however. We would go for a midship minisuite instead.

We just got off Crown from the 12 day Mediterranean cruise. May 12 - 23 We had great time and I plan to post a detailed review shortly.

We had cabin E730

The pluses

- big extended balcony looking at the side, aft and straight down

- at the end of the corridor it gets very little traffic outside

- very private nobody can look down on you

- covered

The minuses

- music and bass from club fusion almost every night. On our cruise they had scheduled almost every night disco music with DJ Mikie starting at 11:30pm until late .... 12:30 - 1:00 am and like that was not enough 9:00am Zumba classes and othe activities during the day pretty much around the clock noise one can hear music coming in very loudly

- even worse than the music the vibration was extremely pronounced both during criising and especially when docking. It was the first time after many many cruises that I have actually been awaken by the bed and the walls And furniture shaking the vibration is coming through the mattress by the way which creates some interesting nightmares

Ear plugs did help but there were many nights that both music and vibration kept me up. DH on the other hand was fine and did not get bothered at all but frankly he can sleep anywhere with the tv on, on airplanes, trains etc if you are both of this kind then this would be a great cabin

I would definitely not choose this cabin again and I would go for my usual front of the ship and high floor location.... Actually as we were leaving the ship we were discussing that had we been choosing the cabin again we would instead go for a regular balcony cabin on Carib deck (the ones with the extended balcony) and saved quite a lot of money

Putting the noise aside of the cabin this was one the best cruises we ever had- we enjoyed the balcony tremendously especially since we got a few rainy days. The service and the food were exeptional. Our steward was the best. He spoiled us beyond limits. the pyramids were gorgeous istanbul kusadasi and Athens were great ports and of course we fell in love with Venice and Rome.

--e

I've had E725 on both the Sapphire and Crown and loved the cabin and location. E723 won't have the extended balcony but it's still a 9'x7' balcony that's covered and very private. No one passes your cabin door unless they are in the few cabins aft of yours.

You will get partial or almost full sun on the Emerald deck balconies, depending on the time of day and ship's direction. You are more protected from wind and rain than on other balconies. The one complaint I've read about these cabins is that they tend to be darker inside the cabin because of the deeper covered balcony. That's true but I've never really noticed or cared.

As always you are an exceleent source of information.

Thank you and have a lovely long weekend.

Laura

We just got off Crown from the 12 day Mediterranean cruise. May 12 - 23 We had great time and I plan to post a detailed review shortly.

We had cabin E730

The pluses

- big extended balcony looking at the side, aft and straight down

- at the end of the corridor it gets very little traffic outside

- very private nobody can look down on you

- covered

The minuses

- music and bass from club fusion almost every night. On our cruise they had scheduled almost every night disco music with DJ Mikie starting at 11:30pm until late .... 12:30 - 1:00 am and like that was not enough 9:00am Zumba classes and othe activities during the day pretty much around the clock noise one can hear music coming in very loudly

- even worse than the music the vibration was extremely pronounced both during criising and especially when docking. It was the first time after many many cruises that I have actually been awaken by the bed and the walls And furniture shaking the vibration is coming through the mattress by the way which creates some interesting nightmares

Ear plugs did help but there were many nights that both music and vibration kept me up. DH on the other hand was fine and did not get bothered at all but frankly he can sleep anywhere with the tv on, on airplanes, trains etc if you are both of this kind then this would be a great cabin

I would definitely not choose this cabin again and I would go for my usual front of the ship and high floor location.... Actually as we were leaving the ship we were discussing that had we been choosing the cabin again we would instead go for a regular balcony cabin on Carib deck (the ones with the extended balcony) and saved quite a lot of money

Putting the noise aside of the cabin this was one the best cruises we ever had- we enjoyed the balcony tremendously especially since we got a few rainy days. The service and the food were exeptional. Our steward was the best. He spoiled us beyond limits. the pyramids were gorgeous istanbul kusadasi and Athens were great ports and of course we fell in love with Venice and Rome.

--e

This is the same cruise we just returned from. Glad to know the vibration problem was not just us....the thruster vibration was short-lived and tolerable, but the vibration while underway was really bothersome.

Otherwise, the cruise was awesome! Great ports, great room steward, great experiences!!! More later.....

Archived