What a rude customer service department!!!

[quote name='new cruiser 2010']I am getting ready for an Alaskan cruise that I have saved up for.
I am going directly thru HAL, and don't have a TA.
I have called a few times, nothing excessive, to get clarification on different issues.
EACH time, I am treated rudely. There is no attempt to make me feel that I am a valued customer. There really was no pleasantness to the CS person's voices.
Today, when I asked for the person's name...since they didn't offer it to me, I was hung up on!!
I am sure HAL does a huge booming business with it's Alaska product, but they need to firm up some CS skills, or people like me, will post my displeasure with the company online.
I hope things onboard are handled a bit more professionally...[/quote]
Sorry you've had a bad experience. I'm working with a TA, but have been on the phone with my TA and HAL a couple of times and exchanged email with HAL and the customer service has been excellent.

OP, I'm sorry for your experience. It must be frustrating. I think this must be a luck of the draw situation, and you had bad luck. While I try to do as much as I can on my own via the HAL website, the few times I have had to call Customer Service over the last three years, every person I have dealt with, without fail, has been lovely and friendly and truly helpful. And in every case, a name is given right at the start of the call.

[SIZE=3]I have called probably a dozen times in the course of planning our November cruise...for booking, price drops, etc. I've only had one call that made me unhappy, and that wasn't so much a problem with the agent as I didn't like the answer!:o [/SIZE][SIZE=3]I just called back later and the agent who answered was able to do what I asked (price drop without losing our cabin).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]How would I go about getting a PCC? Is that something I would need to request?[/SIZE]

[quote name='Cindy'][SIZE=3]I have called probably a dozen times in the course of planning our November cruise...for booking, price drops, etc. I've only had one call that made me unhappy, and that wasn't so much a problem with the agent as I didn't like the answer!:o [/SIZE][SIZE=3]I just called back later and the agent who answered was able to do what I asked (price drop without losing our cabin).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]How would I go about getting a PCC? Is that something I would need to request?[/SIZE][/quote]

Cindy - some people get them assigned (we never did). You can just call and ask for a PCC - it sort of like having a TA except they are directly at HAL (someone will correct me if I am wrong, I am sure). A number of people on the boards use and like them.

I think if you call and ask for a PCC you can even ask to have this booking transferred to them.

[quote name='cossackcruiser']Your so called vast 30yr CS experience means NOTHING to me [U]or anyone on here[/U] [/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Feel free to speak for yourself, but kindly don't presume to speak for the rest of us. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cossackcruiser'] i never thought i was entitled to anything i simply asked for a cabin away from the stage end of story!
Also as i stated before i dealt with some nice people at HAL'S CS department!! [/QUOTE]
Not that it means anything, but we have a BB gty stateroom booked and were able to note a REQUEST on our booking with no problem whatsoever.
(we requested to not be assigned a connecting stateroom) So I really think it is all a matter of who answers that phone when you call.
I certainly don't feel entitled to anything either, and will not be complaining if our request isn't granted BUT graciously accepting my request went
a long way towards making me feel that they value me.
I do hope that you and your mother have a most fantastic cruise:)

[quote name='kazu']Take a deep breath and relax - you're going on a cruise:D You did get one heck of a deal that others would be happy to have:D You got one heck of a bargain. The HAL cs person might have worded it wrong - but that's what they were telling you IMO. You'll get the same food, the same service as those who paid MUCH more for their cruise.

So, don't focus on this, focus on enjoying the cruise and your planning.

the days of the embossed packet have been long gone on many cruise lines - mostly due to the prices they have to sell some cabins at (like yours) so please, you can't have it both ways - a bargain cruise and all the bells and whistles that went with the good old days.

remember this is only an internet board - you can choose to ignore some posters if you want. No need to reply to everyone if it is going to result in a post you may regret later:D[/quote]

Well put my friend and i plan to enjoy the trip! As for ignoring post ill keep it in mind;)

[quote name='cruisenanny']Not that it means anything, but we have a BB gty stateroom booked and were able to note a REQUEST on our booking with no problem whatsoever.
(we requested to not be assigned a connecting stateroom) So I really think it is all a matter of who answers that phone when you call.
I certainly don't feel entitled to anything either, and will not be complaining if our request isn't granted BUT graciously accepting my request went
a long way towards making me feel that they value me.
I do hope that you and your mother have a most fantastic cruise:)[/quote]

Yea i agree i think it who you deal with at HAL'S CS! Thanks for the good wishes for me and my mother!:)

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Somehow I knew you wouldn't get it. But I thought I would give you the chance. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Yea you lost me! My deepest apologize to offend you Mam! This thread on the CC board was meant to express concern about Bad HAL CS and i got insulted so i fired back. In turn im new to this board and its ways. I thank all those who have been nice and shared valued insights and many thanks to those who wished my family a good trip! Have a good day everyone!:)

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Feel free to speak for yourself, but kindly don't presume to speak for the rest of us. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]I'll second RuthC's comment!! Youdo not speak for me when ity comes to whom I respect or disrespect on this board!!!

If the truth be told, there are to few people willing to speak up and sup[port those who do stand up for those in the right.

The attitude we all have to others can come through very clearly in posts. Which also can show how a person reacts in real life situations, phone, face to face, on boards etc...

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='IRL_Joanie'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][B]I'll second RuthC's comment!! Youdo not speak for me when ity comes to whom I respect or disrespect on this board!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]If the truth be told, there are to few people willing to speak up and sup[port those who do stand up for those in the right.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][U]The attitude we all have to others can come through very clearly in posts. Which also can show how a person reacts in real life situations, phone, face to face, on boards etc...[/U][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]Joanie[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/quote]

The underline is mine - and for once - we can agree to disagree.

Actually Joanie - i don't know if this is true - I think the anonyminity of internet boards sometimes make people say things they wouldn't normally do. Also, sometimes people type too fast and hit the reply button. something they might not do in public so quickly.

I've met some cc'ers who seem abrupt on the boards and were very nice people.

Remember we were all new posters once - we all make mistakes:o I've certainly made some in my time;)

[quote name='cossackcruiser']Your right! Thank You for the wise words of wisdom:) humble apologize for the foul language:(

Im still young and outspoken at times! I had planed this trip because it maybe my moms last trip... as I stated earlier she is ailing! I wanted it to be grand hassle free trip, one we both will always remember. but thus far we have hit several speed bumps with HAL! Luckily we ironed the issues out and move forward. Dont get me wrong I loved every HAL Cruise i have been on and hope to enjoy this one.

Im only human and felt insulted and fired back at Dave! I agree to disagree with him! I have been put in my place by you and Mrs:Ruth C. I get yalls point and will mind my words in future!!! Thanks for the insight! God Bless You Both![/QUOTE]

Thank you and I sincerely hope you have a good cruise with your mother and that she is well enough to really enjoy herself.

[quote name='IRL_Joanie'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]I'll second RuthC's comment!! Youdo not speak for me when ity comes to whom I respect or disrespect on this board!!!

If the truth be told, there are to few people willing to speak up and sup[port those who do stand up for those in the right.

[U]The attitude we all have to others can come through very clearly in posts. Which also can show how a person reacts in real life situations, phone, face to face, on boards etc...
[/U]
Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

No i dont speak for you! IT was a broad statement that i take back. But i had gathered some people on this CC thread didnt like what Dave had to say! ITs a bit harsh to imply the underlined above in your post!

We dont know each other and my mother and me happen to be very nice Christian people who are spending alot of money on a cruise with HAL! I joined this board to express my concern about HALS CS and got down talked by Dave. Im sure like me he is a great guy in person. But making broad statment like yours are not needed anymore then my speaking for others!

[U][B][COLOR=Black]I Get it yall ill mind my words![/COLOR][/B][/U]

-Kazu your right my friend about not commenting on everyones post but its hard especially when your feel wronged!

Thanks Sapper1 for the good wishes for our cruise!

[quote name='cossackcruiser']No i dont speak for you! IT was a broad statement that i take back. But i had gathered some people on this CC thread didnt like what Dave had to say! ITs a bit harsh to imply the underlined above in your post!

We dont know each other and my mother and me happen to be very nice Christian people who are spending alot of money on a cruise with HAL! I joined this board to express my concern about HALS CS and got down talked by Dave. Im sure like me he is a great guy in person. But making broad statment like yours are not needed anymore then my speaking for others!

[U][B][COLOR=black]I Get it yall ill mind my words![/COLOR][/B][/U]

-Kazu your right my friend about not commenting on everyones post but its hard especially when your feel wronged!

Thanks Sapper1 for the good wishes for our cruise![/quote]

The underline in Joanie's post is not hers - it was mine when I replied to her as I underlined it so she would know what I was replying to - not sure why that carried through (unless you copied and pasted from my reply) but it is not her underline.

Just wanted to clear the air. So, that is my doing in my reply to her. NOt hers at all.

Have a great cruise. Hope you and your mother have a fabulous time:)

Phew, the way this thread has gone is typical of how things can get out of hand on this board, and many of us have been the target at some time or another. And there are cliques that take sides. Kazu, kudos to you for trying to keep it all on an even keel.

Just remember - everyone - the written word does not convey as well as the spoken word, and often posts get taken out of context. For instance, I often detect a very sanctimonius attitude in postings, and I'm sure that's not meant;) And Joanie, remember you have made some very quick and erroneous assumptions in the past, as have we all at times.

[quote name='startwin']Phew, the way this thread has gone is typical of how things can get out of hand on this board, and many of us have been the target at some time or another. And there are cliques that take sides. Kazu, kudos to you for trying to keep it all on an even keel.

Just remember - everyone - the written word does not convey as well as the spoken word, and often posts get taken out of context. For instance, I often detect a very sanctimonius attitude in postings, and I'm sure that's not meant;)[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black][B][U] And Joanie, remember you have made some very quick and erroneous assumptions in the past, as have we all at times.[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]
As usual you and Kazu have put the right perspective on this matter we have of some of us jumping to conclusions. Mia Culpa:( (I understand what you are both saying, and I thank you for it!!

To the OP, I am sorry that you feel you were wronged and had a bad response(s) to your situation(s).

I feel for you and your mother, but please understand that from what I understand of Flash Sales, they are for Guarantee Stateroom categories only, not specific staterooms. I understand that the stateroom guarantee you received was for a stateroom over or near an area you feel you will be unhappy with. BELIEVE ME, I DO UNDERSTAND THAT!! However, I also do feel that frustrations in our voices, fingers etc, come through when we are trying to explain those frustrations to others. Been there, done it, will do it again I am sure:o

I am not trying to be sanctimonious in any way shape or form, nor am I thinking anyone thinks I am. I am just trying to say that we need to try and put a different/more positive aspect upon this matter.

You got a fantastic deal, wish I could get the deal you got!! You will be with your mother and enjoying her company seeing such beautiful scenery.

Good Luck, fair seas and have a really great cruise:)

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='IRL_Joanie'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]
As usual you and Kazu have put the right perspective on this matter we have of some of us jumping to conclusions. Mia Culpa:( (I understand what you are both saying, and I thank you for it!!

To the OP, I am sorry that you feel you were wronged and had a bad response(s) to your situation(s).

I feel for you and your mother, but please understand that from what I understand of Flash Sales, they are for Guarantee Stateroom categories only, not specific staterooms. I understand that the stateroom guarantee you received was for a stateroom over or near an area you feel you will be unhappy with. BELIEVE ME, I DO UNDERSTAND THAT!! However, I also do feel that frustrations in our voices, fingers etc, come through when we are trying to explain those frustrations to others. Been there, done it, will do it again I am sure:o

I am not trying to be sanctimonious in any way shape or form, nor am I thinking anyone thinks I am. I am just trying to say that we need to try and put a different/more positive aspect upon this matter.

You got a fantastic deal, wish I could get the deal you got!! You will be with your mother and enjoying her company seeing such beautiful scenery.

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

To clarify..We were not issued a room yet we had fears of bad locations and figured we could requested a room away from stage area. It could worked out our verandah would be nice if chosen at random. We felt because we have now paid close to $12k with cruise/air/excursions that we could humble like ask for consideration for a good room in calm quiet area. I don't want problems with anyone on here or anywhere! But I don't take kindly to being down talked that's all. I get it from here on out I'll mind my language and posts! Thanks Joanie for good wishes God bless!

[quote name='cossackcruiser']To clarify..We were not issued a room yet we had fears of bad locations and figured we could requested a room away from stage area. It could worked out our verandah would be nice if chosen at random. We felt because we have now paid close to $12k with cruise/air/excursions that we could humble like ask for consideration for a good room in calm quiet area. I don't want problems with anyone on here or anywhere! But I don't take kindly to being down talked that's all. I get it from here on out I'll mind my language and posts! Thanks Joanie for good wishes God bless![/quote]

You got a great category cabin for a low price by accepting a guarantee. You get no choice in cabin location with a guarantee - it's entirely up the the cruise line what cabin you wll have. They promise it will be in AT LEAST the category you booked.Many people have tried to explain this to you, including multipl customer servie representatives. But this latest posting seems to indicate that you aren't willing to accept that.

Joanie: ths isn't the OP, but someone who highjacked a thread to spread their own agenda.

[quote name='IRL_Joanie'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='dakrewser']You got a great category cabin for a low price by accepting a guarantee. You get no choice in cabin location with a guarantee - it's entirely up the the cruise line what cabin you wll have. They promise it will be in AT LEAST the category you booked.Many people have tried to explain this to you, including multipl customer servie representatives. But this latest posting seems to indicate that you aren't willing to accept that.

Joanie: ths isn't the OP, but someone who highjacked a thread to spread their own agenda.[/QUOTE]

Dave bless your heart my dear cc poster! I get it and your posts deep toned loathing of whatever it is I said! I did this trip for my ailing mother out love because Id like her I enjoy a hassle free trip. We could paid more and woulda had we known all stuff woulda came up. I accept that your a rude person and I'm an aggressive person who won't take insults from you our anyone now or ever. I thank the the ladies tha pointed out I need to mind my language and respect that but you my friend are insulting and enjoy of be littling people. God have mercey on you your a very arrogant person!

I'm not trying to hijack yalls post with an agenda! Shakes head wow that so rude to assume that it's ok to work in cliques and insult people who posted out of concern for a companies practices as it goes to there dealings with customers. I'm enjoy this cruise no matter what. I maybe new to cc but I'm not new to people down talkin others and it's wrong. God bless yall. Many thanks to the kind people on here who wished good sailing!

Archived