Help...Monarch!!

I have The Oasis booked for Nov this year but a friend has offered me a spot on Monarch June 4 (yes a in few days). I have been on Navigator and Liberty so what can I expect? What does Monarch have to offer? I will have a mobility scooter so will it be hard to get around the ship and what about CoCoCay without scooter? Are the shows as good as on the Liberty? Does anyone have info on room service menu including breakfast menu? All info is welcomed please, please, please!:eek:

I have seen cruisers on coco Cay with scooters. There are limited paved pathways on the island.

You will be able to ride down the gangplank and park on the bow platform of the tender for the trip ashore. Once you are there, you can ride up the ramp from the tender with no problem.

RCI staff will assist you but your movements will be limited to the paved walkways.

I have The Oasis booked for Nov this year but a friend has offered me a spot on Monarch June 4 (yes a in few days). I have been on Navigator and Liberty so what can I expect? What does Monarch have to offer? I will have a mobility scooter so will it be hard to get around the ship and what about CoCoCay without scooter? Are the shows as good as on the Liberty? Does anyone have info on room service menu including breakfast menu? All info is welcomed please, please, please!:eek:

At Coco Cay, if you want to go places that your scooter will not go they have beach wheelchairs with big fat tires on them. Your friends can push you down to the beach etc and even into the water if you want. I think there is 4 of them and they are first come first serve.

I have also heard that staff members are glad to help too. Tip them of course though :)

Just know that it is up to the Captain whether or not to let us in wheelchairs or scooters board the tenders though. Even though it may be safe for able bodied people, may not necessarily mean it is safe for those with mobility issues.

CocoCayBeachChairs.jpg

Liberty and Navigator are very much alike. Oasis and Monarch are each completely different from them.

The routine will feel the same and very familiar. The Daily Compass looks the same, the activities are run the same way, the cabins look the same (but smaller!), the food tastes the same (but less variety of restaurants).

I've been on all 4 ships that you've mentioned. Monarch is a very different cruise from Liberty and Navigator, but I can't say that I've had more or less fun on any of the ships!

Oh, and take good care of the ship for me. When you disembark on the 8th I'll be coming aboard for my wedding cruise with my fiancee and 29 of our closest friends. :)

Hello

I am a 2nd time Cruiser, first on RC, Navigator of the Seas in two days

Any experience with having the price of cabins drop and getting a credit?

Any experience with using 3rd party tour services, i.e on the eastern medittarranean cruises, in Messina Port, Athens, as example?

Thanks

Hello

Any experience with using 3rd party tour services, i.e on the eastern medittarranean cruises, in Messina Port, Athens, as example?

Thanks

You won't get a credit. However, they WILL upgrade you if a room in a better category/location is available.

Let's say you paid $2,000 total for an E2 originally. Now a D1 is selling for $2,000. They will upgrade you to the D1. However, you'll never get a refund or a credit - they stopped doing that so they could have more flexibility with pricing (like the airlines).

General tips for Navigator - hard to say. What was your first cruise line / ship?

Hello

Thanks

Regarding price drops, if Royal lowers the price before the final payment date and the lowered price is not restricted to new bookings, you can get the lower price. However this is not automatic, so you must look for the lower prices and contact whoever you used to book the cruise and request the lower price.

I meant to mention. With a scooter, I hope you have a handicap accessible cabin? :confused: There are only 4 on the Monarch total! :eek:

I havent seen the inside accessible cabins on deck 2 but the two deck 9 SOV accessible cabins are very nice and roomy and they have two windows! The largest cabin I have had yet on any RCI ship!

Picture014.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Oh, and take good care of the ship for me. When you disembark on the 8th I'll be coming aboard for my wedding cruise with my fiancee and 29 of our closest friends. :)

Thanks dfgf and we will handle her with care. Congratulations to you and the groom.

I meant to mention. With a scooter, I hope you have a handicap accessible cabin? :confused: There are only 4 on the Monarch total! :eek:

I havent seen the inside accessible cabins on deck 2 but the two deck 9 SOV accessible cabins are very nice and roomy and they have two windows! The largest cabin I have had yet on any RCI ship!

Picture014.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Thank you so much ryano for the pics!! Thanks to everyone that responded.

I was on the Monarch this month and I cannot imagine a better crew anywhere else. Yes, it is smaller and older but I loved it. The headline shows are at 7:30 to accommodate both dinner seatings. The two production shows are similar and the magician/comedian was pretty good. Being in a scooter will involve a lot of elevator travel because of the half deck layout. Once I saw a map of the ship it made sense but you cannot walk from one end of the ship to the other without going up half a deck. I also have mobility issues and the only wait for elevators was on the first day. Have a great cruise.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I thought that once a full payment has been made, all bookings were not transferable. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Archived