Southampton parking

Cruachan

A little warning for anyone driving to Soton to join a Cunard cruise. This may be old news - but it's news to me. I just read on a ship enthusiasts website that there is a new system in place to regulate parking at Town Quay. It used to be quite safe to make a short, casual stop at Town Quay without purchasing a parking ticket as parking was enforced by wardens who patrolled on foot. But be aware that number plate recognition cameras are now in use and you are required to enter your car registration on the ticket machine when you pay for your parking. Failure to do so will result in an automated fine of £110 being raised again you (dropping to £75 for early payment).

I thought at first that this was just another of those irritating "tell everybody in your address book right now" internet hoaxes, but I've checked out the parking website and it appears to be genuine.

J

Thanks for the information. I am sure this will be useful to anyone planning to see the three Queens in June.

That's what I was thinking, Stephen. But I know I've also parked there on the day before a cruise when we've been staying overnight in the Soton area.

J

A very good spot to watch ships coming and going from the port also good photo opportunities.

CCTV penalties should be banned. Driving away from an irate traffic warden with a ticket in his hand should be applauded. Technology...1984

Archived