Just got off phone with CCL answers on Loyalty program

For what it is worth, I just talked to guest care at Carnival and spoke to a very nice lady who informed me the new program would come out as been stated in June.. This will not help everyone, but in my case , and a bunch of you it will. She said definitely there would be an 18 month grace period, so in my case with 8 sailed and 3 booked, second being on the Triumph in Oct 2013, that would put me at 10 cruises in 14 months from this June. She also said they could be any cruise length..Good news if it all hangs together..Good luck to all.:)

Since I was hoping for something like what RCL did who gave each past cruise a weight of 7 days .. so no matter how long the cruise had been, if you already took it back when they counted per cruise .. it is now weighed as a 7 day.

What good would phasing it in over a 18 month period do if they are still going back and giving credit for days when these were booked at a time when # of cruises counted.

I say we are skrewed. Im not happy with the conversion .. nothing I can do. But if you expect me to say .. whooopie .. how generous ... NOT.

Since I was hoping for something like what RCL did who gave each past cruise a weight of 7 days .. so no matter how long the cruise had been, if you already took it back when they counted per cruise .. it is now weighed as a 7 day.

What good would phasing it in over a 18 month period do if they are still going back and giving credit for days when these were booked at a time when # of cruises counted.

I say we are skrewed. Im not happy with the conversion .. nothing I can do. But if you expect me to say .. whooopie .. how generous ... NOT.

So do you think people with cruises that are over 7 days should only be credited with a 7 day cruise. That is what RCCL did and it skrewed people with long cruises (such as myself).

So do you think people with cruises that are over 7 days should only be credited with a 7 day cruise. That is what RCCL did and it skrewed people with long cruises (such as myself).

So you had no shorter cruises to mix in?? All the people I know who did some longer cruises also had some shorter ones, and still were ahead.

I have read about a few cases like yours who did not benefit.

I do think Carnival should do some sort of conversion .. yes.

Carnival has a lot fewer longer cruises too than RCL, so less likely that it would hurt folks .. but there is probably always someone who doesnt like how it is done.

Personally, since Im already platinum on Carnival long since .. a 18 month grace period helps me not one iota.

You neglect to mention that those who took 3 night cruises were also credited with 7 nights. So it cut both ways.

I had no cruises shorter than 7 days on RCCL and had more cruises 10 days and over and only got credit for each cruise being 7 days.

I am Milestone on Carnival but that does not mean I have to like the new loyalty program. I never said I liked it and I don't. I will still be Carnival Diamond no matter how they do their conversion as I have enough cruises and days no matter which way they count them but I still hope they do not give people only 7 days that have taken the longer cruises like RCCL did. If they do that there will be plenty of people hurt by the conversion.

For what it is worth, I just talked to guest care at Carnival and spoke to a very nice lady who informed me the new program would come out as been stated in June.. This will not help everyone, but in my case , and a bunch of you it will. She said definitely there would be an 18 month grace period, so in my case with 8 sailed and 3 booked, second being on the Triumph in Oct 2013, that would put me at 10 cruises in 14 months from this June. She also said they could be any cruise length..Good news if it all hangs together..Good luck to all.:)

Thank You so much for doing this because I was in the same place as you. I have been on 8 cruises but have #9 and #10 in December 2012

I wish I would have thought to ask that specifically, but it seems to me that if a grace period is allowed to help me , then if you are there , you would definitely be in the loop..

What did they say about grandfathering people in at their current level?

I thought the way i was reading it was each day is a vifp point, so if that hold true i have 5 cruises that were 7 days each and another scheduled this year for 7 days that would be 42 days or 42 VIFP points and would be considered Gold?

Sounds correct...

I thought the way i was reading it was each day is a vifp point, so if that hold true i have 5 cruises that were 7 days each and another scheduled this year for 7 days that would be 42 days or 42 VIFP points and would be considered Gold?

I'm hoping it's 18 months from when they officially roll out the changes. I've got cruise #6 tomorrow, 7 and 8 on the Breeze in November (2 day then 8 day), and #9 on the Liberty in April. We are planning one more towards the end of next year and it sounds like that could be our Platinum cruise so long as we are in that 18 month window which would be virtually any time in 2013. If true, that's great for me as I'll just make it but I'll wait for all the announcements from Carnival before I get too excited.

Pity those who took all those short cruises thinking each cruise was valued the same.

I still dont see how its fair to change the rules mid way. Some people might be platinum now .. and have a lot longer than others to make up those days to get there and to get to diamond than they thought.

I dont care if you have 18 months now to get to platinum or not .. its still changing the rules people booked with and might have based their decision on, that all cruises were equal value .. now they will have to play catch up.

Pity those who took all those short cruises thinking each cruise was valued the same.

I still dont see how its fair to change the rules mid way. Some people might be platinum now .. and have a lot longer than others to make up those days to get there and to get to diamond than they thought.

I dont care if you have 18 months now to get to platinum or not .. its still changing the rules people booked with and might have based their decision on, that all cruises were equal value .. now they will have to play catch up.

Thus the problem of changing the basis of the program....in the first place :cool:. But I guess their thought is if your going to count days - you have to count days even for the old ones.

IMHO...there is no good way to get through the pain of moving from one program to the other. No doubt there will be past cruisers mad and frustrated - if the conversion effects them negatively. :( But it must be a cost that Carnival is willing to endure....right?? :rolleyes:

Ok, let me see if I have this straight...

Current Platinum guests who have fewer than 75 nights will be grandfathered into Platinum status, and any guests who currently have fewer than 10 cruises will have 18 months to reach Platinum status via the old plan (i.e., 10 cruises without regard to number of nights)?

If this is the case, I foresee the prices of those short little 3 and 4 night Bahamas cruises going through the roof! People will be selecting B2B Bahamas cruises, even though the itineraries suck, just to reach Platinum in 18 months. Supply and demand dictates that as these now-dirt cheap cruises fill up quicker, the prices will rise, making RCI the price leader in short cruises. I'm interested to see how this all plays out...

I've read alot about grandfathering at the platinum level- but what about at the milestone level? We currently have #23, #24, and #25 booked to be completed by this November- which would have made us milestone- I'm wondering how the next tier will be handled- same 18 months?

While I think the new program stinks, an 18 month grace period is quite generous. Almost too generous.
First time I am hearing 18 months! :confused:

Until now, that grace period has been one year -not 18 months.

Ok, let me see if I have this straight...

Current Platinum guests who have fewer than 75 nights will be grandfathered into Platinum status, and any guests who currently have fewer than 10 cruises will have 18 months to reach Platinum status via the old plan (i.e., 10 cruises without regard to number of nights)?

If this is the case, I foresee the prices of those short little 3 and 4 night .....

I disagree, because eventually they will have to do all the days to get to the next level, diamond I hear it is called. .. why would people book short cruises to get to platinum (which is what they have always done in the past) if they have to make up the days eventually... they will need more days than others to get to the next level now.

I've read alot about grandfathering at the platinum level- but what about at the milestone level? We currently have #23, #24, and #25 booked to be completed by this November- which would have made us milestone- I'm wondering how the next tier will be handled- same 18 months?

I posted this .. but so many posts Im sure it got buried.

Milestone is a separate program and not part of this loyalty program. Milestone remains unchanged (or so I was told by Carnival).

Archived