Luggage; HELP!

joeangel

We will be sailing on the Destiny on Monday and we are just about done packing :D. Is there any specific/good way to put on luggage tags? Also, are there any weight restrictions for the suitcases? Thanks

We will be sailing on the Destiny on Monday and we are just about done packing :D. Is there any specific/good way to put on luggage tags? Also, are there any weight restrictions for the suitcases? Thanks

Last year when we printed out the boarding passes and such we also printed out luggage tags we just cut out. Cut them out, strip them to the handle on the luggage and staple them a couple of times to make sure they stay put. If you want to make them more sturdy try using stock paper or photo paper instead of normal printer paper. :)

50 lbs per suitcase according to their website. We always just tape or staple our tags but I've seen some people laminate theirs or put a lot of large tape on it to help protect it. Only once did one of ours come off and that was because my daughter over packed her suitcase and it got ripped off getting it onto the ****tle bus taking us to the port. They had extras but it was kind of a hassle so we always carry an extra one or two with us already filled out and I have tape with me :D

Carnival asks you to keep the luggage to no more than 50 lbs but its not enforced.

If I needed a luggage tag, Im waiting until Im at the port, and get one of theirs to use. Not printing my own and all that. If you have lots of suitcases, not just one, I can see doing it though.

the airlines have weight restrictions

here is Delta's all close 50 lbs

http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/baggage/checked/index.jsp

if you have a hard sided case just lay them flat on the top if you have side and top handles put them on the side the barcodes are really small and i believe that is so the airline scanners don't read them but you don't want the tag to get in the way either.

No restrictions from the cruise lines. As far as luggage tags, we laminate the part of the tags that have our name, cruise line and ship and cabin number. We don't fold it as there is no need when laminating. Then use punch a hole in each end and use a zip tie to secure it to the suitcase. Might seem like a lot of work but since we have all of the necessary 'stuff' to do it, might as well use it.

I laminate ours and use zip ties to attach them.
I do exact thing as 2bfirsttime Laminate,punch hole and zip tie it. I actually attach two per suitcase-one on top handle, the other for side handle. Plus I also take photos of our luggage -much easier to show them a photo if a suitcase goes missing. I recall a photo of a bag in a flyer asking if anyonne had this bag delivered accidentally. I believe in preparation. I also have bright duct tape strip on a once bright red bag, but not just part of a sea of red bags.

I made my own luggage tag holders....I cut down clear plastic sandwich bags down to size, and tape the open areas.

Print and fold the tags, slip them in the holders, and punch a hole in the top and use zip ties. One for each handle.

If you google "cruise luggage tag holder" there are some on the market that are GREAT - reusable and very strong. We used them last cruise and were very happy. Get the longer straps available - they work better.

Check them out :)

They also had a really cool hanging thing for inside he shower where you could put all your toiletries and razors and stuff.;)

If you google "cruise luggage tag holder" there are some on the market that are GREAT - reusable and very strong.

Now that I think about this, I'd be kinda shocked if Cruise Critic didn't have something like this available in their webstore. There's certainly a need. (CCL will send you 'real' luggage tags made of rip-stop material, but they told me they charge $20.)

I use packing tape to cover mine. The reason I like them laminated or covered in tape is because if it is raining when you board, the luggage can sit outside or just get wet during transport and if not covered in packing tape, the ink will run and they can't read your cabin number on the tag.

Same here (re: clear packing tape). We also put an extra one inside each of the bags we check with the cruise line, just in case the exterior tags get torn off.

There are no weight restrictions for the ships like on the airlines. We follow the folding instructions for the luggage tags but re-enforce them with clear packing tape.

By the time you fold as instructed, and they are three layers of bond paper thick

they stay attached OK with multiple staples.

Done it several times now.

Me too. Then I have used my carry-on for work and it stayed on for month. I ended up purposely tearing it off.

Archived