Cabin Key Card questions...

On HAL ships, what are they called? Your room key? Does it have a fancy name?

Also, does anyone have a picture of what they look like? Are there differences for different levels of repeat cruises, like 1 star Mariner, then 2 star, and so forth?

Just wondering... Haven't been able to find any pictures but it could be because I don't know exactly what they call them.

Thanks for any help!

The key cards are basically the same for everyone, except for two differences -- if you have a suite your card is 'gold'. Other wise the only difference is the indication of how many 'stars' you have. i e, what level Mariner you are -- it will show if you are a 1, 2, 3 or 4 star Mariner.

They are called "ID" cards -- you use them to enter your cabin, you use them to get on and off the ship (scanner used over the bar code which shows your picture), you use it whenever you buy anything on the ship.

I don't have my camera handy to take a picture of one.

There are 2 colors.

Blue for the majority of the passengers.

Gold for the passengers staying in the PS, SA, S, SB and SC cabins.

Thanks, everyone!

Laffnvegas, I appreciate the picture. That's exactly what I was hoping for... I googled them, but didn't find any.

I am TOO excited... and I have 6 months to go. Oh, well. Last time I booked with 364 days, so this is a GREAT improvement!

Here's DS's "non-suite" card (mariner # blacked out) - 2* - note the dining and lifeboat info and that your cabin # isn't on it. These are also commonly referred to as "ship cards" by staff, officers and pax.

ShipCardDblackout.jpg.b21456c9410db94074e66320a05b2eee.jpg

On Carnival, they call it a "Sign and Sail" card. On RCI, it's a "Seapass"....I think that's what the OP was asking, as far as "fancy" names go!

Would calling it a "dam card" be fancy? :rolleyes:

Archived