Mediterranean cruise food

readytogo2

Hi Everyone...My next cruise will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in the Mediterranean. All my previous cruises have left the US and I was wondering if there will be much of a difference in the ship's food compared to the American food I am accustomed to.

Good to know, we have only been on one HAL cruise and we thought the food was the best compared to the other cruise lines we tried. We would have sailed more with HAL but the cost always seemed a bit more than our budget allowed. I appreciate your replies..thanks!:)

Having done a 20 day Med two years ago, the other answers are dead on. HAL spends a lot of money shipping the standard cuts of beef, etc, that Americans like, not only to Europe, but to many other locations around the world, to re-supply the ships.

Having done a 20 day Med two years ago, the other answers are dead on. HAL spends a lot of money shipping the standard cuts of beef, etc, that Americans like, not only to Europe, but to many other locations around the world, to re-supply the ships.

I knew that Europe had different cuts of meat than we are used to, I assumed they got their supplies from Europe instead of America...wow..what an expense it must be to have so much shipped:eek: Thanks for the info:)

Archived