It's getting close

I just pulled out "the rack", a rolling thingy that I hang cruise stuff on. This makes the dog nervous, as he now has a heads up that a trip to the kennel is imminent. Anyway, I'm officially into cruise prep mode (Amsterdarn June 1). This is possibly my last ocean cruise, and I'm looking forward to it.

I, too, hope it isn't your last cruise.

We have a new puppy so she was totally clueless when the suitcases came out in preparation for our Veendam cruise early May. I can bet it'll be a different story the next time we pack!

Dh and I have 2 coral reef tanks full of fish. They seem indifferent. :D

That's funny :D I'm sure they are very indifferent.

Arewethereyet hope you have a good cruise, please come back and tell us about it. We are going to do the same cruise later this summer. I sure hope it is not the last one for you or me either.:)

I leave mine in the spare room all year (just hope no one comes to visit) :D and the dog doestn't realize we are leaving until I take them downstairs fully packed. He doesn't go anywhere (my son takes care of him) but he does miss us when we are not here and happy to see us come back.

Have a great cruise and hope it's not your last.

I get them out at the last possible minute. Our 11 year old Westie knows exactly what it means. We also have a puppy who will learn very soon as we leave in July on the Noordam. I positively HATE leaving them...I miss them terribly when I leave them for a day let alone 2 weeks!!

I get them out at the last possible minute. Our 11 year old Westie knows exactly what it means. We also have a puppy who will learn very soon as we leave in July on the Noordam. I positively HATE leaving them...I miss them terribly when I leave them for a day let alone 2 weeks!!

I know what you mean exactly. We lost three four-legged pals last year...but we have a new puppy...she'll be one on July 18. When we left for our Veendam cruise on May 6, she had no clue what was going on with the luggage...and I felt as though I was deceiving her! I knew that would be our last "free pass" with Jessie as far as luggage and travel is concerned!

And, yesterday, she didn't have a clue why we were dropping her off at our vet to be spayed...she was just happy to see her and her vet tech!

Sadly, they learn quickly about all these things.

Funny you say that, we have a spare room where we keep our cruise clothes and luggage.

Before we leave our cruise we send out our clothes to all be cleaned, I place them in the space bags and only use certain "airport" clothes, that we keep in our backpacks, and when we get home we have no laundry.

Our bags stay packed (clothes only) and before our next cruise we open them up to add any new additions.

The dogs, all 4 of them, absolutely freak when they see the luggage.

So last year, I started taking them to the vet to board them a day early, and bring the luggage down after they leave.

They are my only worry when we are away.

These big crazy dogs of mine... :)

That's what we do too, board our cats a day or two early, and then do all the packing after they're gone. They're indoor/outdoor cats, and if they knew what was up they definitely wouldn't be indoors when we wanted to crate them up.

Our 11 year old lab cross is so smart. When she sees the suitcases on the bed she lays in the doorway and pouts. :(

One time when our boys were younger and the in-laws would come to watch them, our dog totally ignored my MIL when she got back from dropping us off at the airport.

Rockfan2

Archived