Falmouth- Check out Chukka Beach Break

kruzerci

Thanks a million! I'm going to be there next week on my birthday and I think this is the place I'm going to try.

Have a great trip, we thought it was a great beach for the price. We are doing it again on our next cruise.

• 1 month later...
How long is the ride? Thanks.

About 10 minutes or so...not really long at all.

This is great info and pics. We were thinking of this excursion and now we are sure.

Am I seeing that there is one specified time to go there but several options to return?

I believe there are more than one time to go. Returns start at 11 am and are on the hour after that, as I recall.

I am traveling with some picky eaters so we didn't include the lunch as I have read it is spicy. Does anyone know of any other lunch options near Chukka beach?

You can try one of the beach restaurants down the beach to the left (as you face the water). I think I put up photos. I honestly have no idea what you will find there, though.

Thanks for the great info! Just wondering --- did you happen to notice if there is any decent snorkeling here? Thanks!

Not at this beach. The wave action makes the water a bit murky. I had my mask & snorkel with me but didn't use them.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're going to Falmouth and looking for an easy, cheap beach day, look into the Chucka Beach Break. It can only be booked through the cruise line (with or without lunch) and it was a really pleasant surprise. It was only $29 including transportation, we felt safe, the beach was beautiful, the only downside was the uncomfortable (free) beach chairs, which were alright after you covered them with towels.

For the price, you cannot beat it. They have busses running back to the port every hour on the hour, so even though the excursion says 4 hours, you can make it anywhere from 2-6 hours. The employees were friendly, there was lots of security from outside vendors, and they have a gift shop (no pressure to buy anything though) and a cash bar.

My only advice is don't walk beyond the perimeters of Chukka Beach, if you do, the vendors will bombard you. They will stress this to you on the ride there.

Here are a few pictures from our Freedom of the Seas 5/13/2012 cruise. Let me know if you have any questions, we are definitely going back in December when go stop there.

517.jpg

510.jpg

506.jpg

512.jpg

507.jpg

I'd be happy to answer any questions!

Hi!

Just wanted to ask is there attendants working that get chairs for you if they are busy? (will take care of them of course!).

What activites are there that RCCL personnel arranges for evryone?

What time does lunch run from and is worth the Price?

Thanks

Yes, there are people who will help you with loungers.

No RCCL organized activities. Just the beach, food & drinks. And the vendors. I think you can go down the beach to the right and you can rent jet-skis.

The food cost $15 at the beach (rather than $20 if you buy it ahead through the ship) & consisted of jerk chicken, rice & peas, festival bread and a tasty smokey sauce for the chicken. I thought it was worth it, but then I was hungry & not willing to try the other restaurants down the beach.

How large is beach and how many loungers do they have? How busy did it get/how many people? Thinking of going but don't want to be like it is at the ship pool on a sea day. Does lunch for $15 include a drink? Thanks.

It isn't a huge beach, but I didn't find it crowded, even though 2 ships were in port. Lots of people staying on ship, at the pier, or on other excursions I guess.

I'm not sure of a number for you, sorry.

As for a drink I don't remember. I was happy with Red Stripe, so it didn't matter to me.

The music is centered near the bar/store, which is close to one end of the beach. To minimize it I suggest go towards the left side of the beach. It wasn't particularly loud there. But then I like reggae & such, mon. :D

Have a good time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I can't thank you enough for posting all this info about the Chukka Beach Break! We couldn't any information on it before booking, and this was exactly what we were looking for. Seems like it was a good choice - we are excited to try it!

We booked onboard.

Five minute ride, on decent roads in a full sized bus there, large vans coming back since not everybody leaves at once.

Just to clarify, is this a 5-minute ride from Falmouth?

The ride from the pier/dock seemed longer than 10 minutes, but we also were driven thru Falmouth itself almost like a mini-tour. Don't know if this was intended or not. Probably added a little time to the trip. On the whole, it is a short trip.

The return trip seemed shorter and was more direct to the pier.

I don't think I would be sweating the length of the trip to the beach. You might actually spend more time sitting on the bus waiting for it to fill or for your driver to decide it is time to show up ("driver soon come") than the actual drive.

Relax and enjoy yourself. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that the booth in the port charges to your seapass card. with that being said, would you use them or pre-book. The time I see through the ship says 1030am if we could leave around noon that would be better, so I am wondering if we should be booking day of.