Cabin No.......

Hello

I have just received confirmation that we have Grade C, Cabin Number 1036 on our cruise on Wednesday. Onboard the Mariner.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it a Penthouse Suite and can anyone tell me what amenities are included? We have been upgraded, which i am thrilled about, but would like to understand what this means/includes.

Thanks!! We are so excited now!! :-)

Hello

I have just received confirmation that we have Grade C, Cabin Number 1036 on our cruise on Wednesday. Onboard the Mariner.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it a Penthouse Suite and can anyone tell me what amenities are included? We have been upgraded, which i am thrilled about, but would like to understand what this means/includes.

Great news and brings the cruise even closer. Now you can really start planning.

Concierge suite

Hello

Is there some confusion here? Suite 1036 on Mariner is Grade D, not C. If it was C it would be Penthouse (which on Mariner is superb).

In any event, you are in for a great cruise.

Is there some confusion here? Suite 1036 on Mariner is Grade D, not C. If it was C it would be Penthouse (which on Mariner is superb).

In any event, you are in for a great cruise.

I hadn't spotted that, but I am a newbie!:)

How exciting!! Did you receive this news via email? And what were you upgraded from? I ask because we're still awaiting assignment for our cruise as well.

Have a great time!!:D

You still get some additional benefits as you now have a Concierge level suite. The benefits are:

Priority online shore excursion reservations.

Priority online dining reservations in Prime 7 and Signatures

15 minutes of free phone time

60 minutes of free internet access

20% discount on premium wine and liquor purchases

10% discount on pre- or post-cruise Hotel or Land Programs

10% discount on Regent Choice Shore Excursions

In-suite binoculars, coffee brewer and cashmere blanket

Regent Sevn Seas Cruises special gift.

The Mariner is a beautiful ship -- you'll have a great cruise:)

Seems like a great cabin! Mid ship, not too far from the laundry room, and its one with the oversized shower. I loved the shower when we were on Mariner a couple of years ago, we were also on deck 10. Enjoy!

Oh, dear, I hate to be rain on the parade, but this is right under the pool deck as far as I can tell. A location I really try to avoid due to early morning moving of furniture and cleaning of the deck and noise if there is a party out on deck.

Hopefully it will be all ok. Let us know.

We've been in that location.... No worries it was not an issue.... Heard them moving chairs around 7:15 ish only once! And as they do that every morning we never heard it again....and this was on a 16 day cruise :)

Ps the time we heard it lasted less than 5 min!

I am so curious about this. I.e. does it often happen that a person out of the blue gets an upgrade from one category (not just deck) to another? Is this quite unique? If it happens more than once in a blue moon, does this happy surprise come from a magic TA, or is it Regent itself who delivers the prize?

Poss, my guess is LoveChops booked an H GTY and within a week (a few days ago) Regent made their suite assignment (good location). Both Count Florid and I had H/G GTY's for last months Voayger (Dubai to Athens) and within four days of sailing we got our suite assignments (both mid ship, deck 9 D suites). We did not mind taking the

risk of getting an H cabin AFT, knowing the sea conditions would be relatively mild--in fact--lake like for all 17 days.

Ah, that must be it, Wes. I'd known about H GTY, and that that often meant a splendid upgrade of one sort of another; I hadn't realized that G could be GTY as well.

Thanks for responding (and again for the super-duper posts and pics).

Sadly, you may not know your cabin number until you board the ship...lucky for you the cabins are all wonderful so it's all good :)

Keep an eye on your Regent acct online.... One day you won't have a cabin and the next day you might...

Oh, dear, I hate to be rain on the parade, but this is right under the pool deck as far as I can tell. A location I really try to avoid due to early morning moving of furniture and cleaning of the deck and noise if there is a party out on deck.

Hopefully it will be all ok. Let us know.

I agree. Anywhere underneath the pool deck can be problematic with morning noise of setting up lounge chairs and tables. My experience was more like at 5:30-6:00 am.

The staff are instructed not to drag the chairs across the deck, but to lift carry and set them down. So if this becomes an annoyance be sure to call reception and tell them.

j

You still get some additional benefits as you now have a Concierge level suite. The benefits are:

Priority online shore excursion reservations.

Priority online dining reservations in Prime 7 and Signatures

15 minutes of free phone time

60 minutes of free internet access

20% discount on premium wine and liquor purchases

10% discount on pre- or post-cruise Hotel or Land Programs

10% discount on Regent Choice Shore Excursions

In-suite binoculars, coffee brewer and cashmere blanket

Regent Sevn Seas Cruises special gift.

The Mariner is a beautiful ship -- you'll have a great cruise:)

TC2 -

Do you know how many of these apply in the case of a last minute no $ upgrade?

Obviously, if it is a week before the cruise, many of the perks are too late to help much. What about already booked pre-cruse hotel (do they discount?)? Do they add the 15minutes of phone time to SSS time you already have?

Of course, if you take full advantage of the wine discount you might not care!

TC2 -

Do you know how many of these apply in the case of a last minute no $ upgrade?

Obviously, if it is a week before the cruise, many of the perks are too late to help much. What about already booked pre-cruse hotel (do they discount?)? Do they add the 15minutes of phone time to SSS time you already have?

Of course, if you take full advantage of the wine discount you might not care!

Great question -- unfortunately I don't have an answer because we upgrade from a penthouse suite that already has the ammenities. Hope someone else will pipe in. I'm fairly certain that the in-suite binoculars, coffee brewer, cashmere blanket and the special gift will be in the suite -- just not certain about the rest.

In regard to the free phone time:

The new Concierge-Level amenities and services are in addition to Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ acclaimed Seven Seas Society benefits.

Emphasis mine. You should get whatever your SSS level gives you plus the 15 minutes.

Great question -- unfortunately I don't have an answer because we upgrade from a penthouse suite that already has the ammenities. Hope someone else will pipe in. I'm fairly certain that the in-suite binoculars, coffee brewer, cashmere blanket and the special gift will be in the suite -- just not certain about the rest.

On our recent Mariner cruise, we had an H GTY. About 2 weeks prior to our cruise, we were upgraded to a D cabin. Then, one week before, we were offered an upgrade to a B Penthouse for $'s which we took. My husband inquired whether we would get $'s back for our Business class airfare since it would have been included in the Penthouse levels. Our TA inquired but no (which we really didn't think would happen but worth a try). We did ask about the upgraded hotel room but Regent said that the hotel was already full and there were not any upgraded rooms left. We did inquire when we checked into the hotel but got the same answer.

Since we are Gold SSS members, we already had some of the same benefits that a Penthouse suite is entitled to. We did get the espresso maker, binoculars, cashmere blanket, the Regent bag and, of course, the butler.

Karen

Thanks!

Those were pretty much the answers I expected. Long ago, this came up, but only in regards to the Airfair (pre-concierge era). Answer was then what it is today.

Thanks everyone for the confirmation!

I can't imagine anything that TC2 didn't cover a couple of weeks ago, but if any questions occur to you, let me know. We will be on Voyager 6/3-6/13.

Archived